Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6P

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

64GB ALUMINIUM AVAILABLE NOW!
    Just ordered mine. Expected deliver is 16-18 Nov :)
    I don't know what case to order for it. I don't want much bulk as it's a fairly decent sized phone already. Looking at the ADOPTED Protective Case or the Official
    Nexus 6P case , what do you think? The ogival 6P case has a felt section on the back which world's get fairly grubby quickly.
    P.S I used the app, store stock checker to notify me of availability!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

Just ordered by 64GB aluminium also. same delivery date, 16-18th Nov.
    I was on the wait list, but no emails.

rocks1981 wrote: »
    Just ordered by 64GB aluminium also. same delivery date, 16-18th Nov.
    I was on the wait list, but no emails.

I know same here. What's the point of being on a wait list and not receiving a availability update.
    The stock checker app worked a threat!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I ordered a frost on the 7th Oct and it is still pending and no charge has hit my account. Ordered a alum this morning and a charge is showing up in my account now, status is pending also.
    When one ships i'll cancel the other

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the 6P comes with a 15w charger as standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

1jcdub wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 6P comes with a 15w charger as standard?

Yes. See:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6102320?hl=en

Nexus 6P phone
    USB Type-C to Type-C cable
    USB Type-C 15W (5V/3A) charger
    USB Type-C to Standard-A cable
    SIM ejection tool
    Quick start guide (not pictured)
    Safety and Warranty information (not pictured)

Yes. See:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6102320?hl=en

Nexus 6P phone
    USB Type-C to Type-C cable
    USB Type-C 15W (5V/3A) charger
    USB Type-C to Standard-A cable
    SIM ejection tool
    Quick start guide (not pictured)
    Safety and Warranty information (not pictured)

Thanks for the reply. That's great. Just need to pick a case now :)

Thanks for the reply. That's great. Just need to pick a case now :)

I've ordered the Carbon Adopted Case, for €35

https://store.google.com/product/adopted_case_n6p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Processing 3 days now, what the feck are they at.

I've ordered the Carbon Adopted Case, for €35

https://store.google.com/product/adopted_case_n6p

I looked at that but the felt is a non runner. If it became contaminated with oil or grease you'd never get it clean

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Ordered 32Gb Carbon yesterday, arrived this afternoon. Got that carbon case too, I like it. So far, very impressed by the phone.

Oh, and one possible gotcha, it uses a nano-SIM. I was upgrading from a M7 HTC One that used a micro SIM, so had to go get a new SIM at a Meteor shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Oh, and one possible gotcha, it uses a nano-SIM. I was upgrading from a M7 HTC One that used a micro SIM, so had to go get a new SIM at a Meteor shop.

Oh, thanks for that. I'm also updating from M7. Let me know if you see any improvements over the M7 in terms of signal etc? My M7 battery lasts about 5 hours these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Has anybody that's pre ordered got there phones yet from the play store????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone who has got their 6p and their case, does it look like the chamfered edges will resist scratching from jst taking the case off and on ?

64gb back in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Is it gone again? I went to it and it says it's in stock but when I try buy it, it says to join the wait list

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Ah its only the 64gb :(

• Advertisement

I am patiently waiting for the 128gb. Decided to sell my S6 edge. Really want to know how durable this phone is though. Hopefully it won't be like the Note 4 which was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I ordered my 32GB on Tuesday Morning and received it Wednesday morning.

My 64gb is due the 16th Nov. Hopefully it'll arrive earlier as I'm selling my S6 edge for it.

My Graphite 32 giggerbitter just arrived.
    Just setting it up now but it feels great in the hand. No raised edges thankfully from the bottom back panel.
    Looking at the storage, I've 25GB to play with before installing apps. Think I can live with that as I've mentioned previously.

EDIT:
    The backup and restore option from the Google Settings app is brillant. My first time trying it out but it's doing a great job of copying over apps and widgets from my OnePlus One.

My Graphite 32 giggerbitter just arrived.
    Just setting it up now but it feels great in the hand. No raised edges thankfully from the bottom back panel.
    Looking at the storage, I've 25GB to play with before installing apps. Think I can live with that as I've mentioned previously.

EDIT:
    The backup and restore option from the Google Settings app is brillant. My first time trying it out but it's doing a great job of copying over apps and widgets from my OnePlus One.

Are you prompted to restore on booting up for the first time?

Are you prompted to restore on booting up for the first time?

Yes, when you're setting up your profile and all that jazz. It's a fairly simple process but your old phone needs to be active.
    I'm currently tethering my 6P to the OPO as I need to get a Nano sim from 3 Mobile later today.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Anyone who has got their 6p and their case, does it look like the chamfered edges will resist scratching from jst taking the case off and on ?

I have no idea. The case is a bit tough to put on, and I don't plan on taking it off. What specifically should I check for for you?

Just take the case off and check out the chamfered edges. You might have small micro scratches if you got the aluminium colour or paint chipping if you got the carbon. I posted a video on post #144. Trying to determine if finish is poor like the note 4 and what colour to get. Would drive me mad if the edges were a scratch magnet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Just wondering if bought through the irish playstore will this phone word with eirmobile/meteor 4G bands ?

Advertisement