Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the next step

Options
  • 07-06-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I have a situation whereby the children through pebbles onto the neighbours window and it caused a crack. ..the children this becuase the children of that home had attacked them while they played.The father arrived 3 hours later to my doorstep shouting about this crack and at the end the gardai arrrived.They told use to get a person to give a quote and pay the amount.Here im questioning as I heard in other eu countries the governmenf pays for it as there children and its an accident so does this apply to ireland and any idvice about this.

Comments

The government don't pay. You're responsible for your children. The Gardai can't force you to pay but it is actually good advice and probably what you should do in a general sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

ayumi wrote: »
    Here im questioning as I heard in other eu countries the governmenf pays for it as there children and its an accident
    You are what's wrong with this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Er, it is NOT an accident. Your kids deliberately fecked stones at a window. Of course you should be paying for that! Discipline your kids, ffs.

Advertisement