Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this "as described"? where do I stand?

Options
  • 07-06-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice.
    I bought a car two weeks ago, the guy said he never had any problems with it and it ran perfectly. Two days later I broke down due to battery issues and now (not even 2 weeks later) the clutch is gone. I can't reverse without a horrific grinding noise.

I would like to know where I stand. The car is an 00, which was simply all I could afford and it had its nct very recently (five weeks ago) so I assumed there was no MAJOR issues like this (although i did check before i bought it, the clutch didnt slip or anything)

Can I ask the guy for my money back? can I take him to court if I don't get my money back or am I stuck with a 1500 euro steaming pile of sh*t?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

aido179 wrote: »
    am I stuck with a 1500 euro steaming pile of sh*t?

I'm afraid so sonny. You dont really have any comeback here. Buyer beware.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

aido179 wrote: »
    Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice.
    I bought a car two weeks ago, the guy said he never had any problems with it and it ran perfectly. Two days later I broke down due to battery issues and now (not even 2 weeks later) the clutch is gone. I can't reverse without a horrific grinding noise.

I would like to know where I stand. The car is an 00, which was simply all I could afford and it had its nct very recently (five weeks ago) so I assumed there was no MAJOR issues like this (although i did check before i bought it, the clutch didnt slip or anything)

Can I ask the guy for my money back? can I take him to court if I don't get my money back or am I stuck with a 1500 euro steaming pile of sh*t?

the law isnt gonna help you out on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

really not happy to hear this but thanks for replies...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement