Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland blocks EU citizens personal data sharing plan with Israel.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

People are talking about the Hamas Charter, what about the Likud charter ?
    This is not a party who is interested in any shape or form in a 2 state solution even though they have repeatedly lied to the media, the US and anyone else that cares to listen that they DO want an independent Palestinaian state.

What country on earth would trust people like these with their citizen's information ?

Some quotes:
    “Settlements. The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting . . . .

The government will insist that security areas essential to Israel's defense, including the western security area and the Jewish settlements, shall remain under Israeli rule.’

“Self-Rule. The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.”
    “The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. Thus, for example, in matters of foreign affairs, security, immigration and ecology, their activity shall be limited in accordance with imperatives of Israel's existence, security and national needs.”

“A unilateral Palestinian declaration of the establishment of a Palestinian state will constitute a fundamental and substantive violation of the agreements with the State of Israel and the scuttling of the Oslo and Wye accords. The government will adopt immediate stringent measures in the event of such a declaration.”

Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the eternal, united capital of the State of Israel and only of Israel. The government will flatly reject Palestinian proposals to divide Jerusalem, including the plan to divide the city presented to the Knesset by the Arab factions and supported by many members of Labor and Meretz. The presence of the Israeli police in eastern Jerusalem will be increased. This in addition to the new police posts and reinforcements in the neighborhoods. The Likud government will act with vigor to continue Jewish habitation and strengthen Israeli sovereignty in the eastern parts of the city. . . .

The Jordan Valley and the territories that dominate it shall be under Israeli sovereignty. The Jordan river will be the permanent eastern border of the State of Israel.

http://www.knesset.gov.il/elections/knesset15/elikud_m.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Palmach wrote: »

They weren't . They kicked Fatah out in a bloody coup. Remember people being thrown off buildings? Is that democratic?

That happened after the election, if you might recall. Its not a democracy now. However as Fatah were in the process of trying to overthrow them, there are two sides to that.
    Eamo12 wrote:
    Actually yes. Remember the provos and their cohort of assorted marxist ideologies and death squads. To say that they did not want to wipe the protestant off the map is not matched by their actions.

Nonsense and way off topic, however I will discuss it at lenght in any thread you want to start up on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,025 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What mistakes are you referring to? :confused:
    or do you mean refusing a foreign state access to our passport process is a mistake.
    Egg on my face :o I had given myself the impression they had in fact gotten a hold of irish passports.

They did use fake passports during the Dubai hit though didnt they :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

dlofnep wrote: »
    Unfortunately, everything you have posted above is incorrect.

There is no political opposition 'party' in Gaza.
    Not one. None have been permitted.

Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Overheal wrote: »
    Egg on my face :o I had given myself the impression they had in fact gotten a hold of irish passports.

They did use fake passports during the Dubai hit though didnt they :confused:

No worrries.
    They did indeeed use fake passports, forged from the old design but with real valid passport numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Palmach

[QUOTE=Nodin;66861768
    Nonsense and way off topic, however I will discuss it at lenght in any thread you want to start up on the subject.[/QUOTE]

Please correct the quotes as I did not post that. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Palmach wrote: »
    Please correct the quotes as I did not post that. Thanks in advance.

Apologies. The deed has been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Einhard wrote: »
    By any objective measurement wes, the actions of the state of Israel are held to a different standard than practically any other sovereign state.

Israel is under no UN sanctions, and is happily welcomed in the West (favorable EU trade status, and OECD membership etc). When Israel is under sanctions worse than Iran or Iraq (under Saddam), then you will have a point.
    Einhard wrote: »
    It's not laughable at all to call for some consistency in our foreign policy, or in the general reaction to international events. The passport issue is a case in point. When Israel forged Irish documents there was uproar in this country. There were countless articles, news pieces and editorials commenting on the matter, and even calls to break off diplomatic relations with Israel. Needless to say, boards erupted in a frenzy, and Israel was depicted as not merely duplicitous, but almost as a hostile entity.

Oh please, we expelled a single diplomat. Thats all that was done to Israel. You would think we had them kicked out of the UN or something. Also, murdering someone using a Irish passport, isn't the same as a Russian spy being in possession of one. You see due to the murder, there was more attention on Israel, and in the case of Russia, there was no murder, and hence less attention. There is no anti-Israel conspiracy or anything, just that Israel did something very dumb and got caught red handed.

Secondly, last time I checked, no one goes around claiming Russia is particularly thrust worthy. Oh, and when they killed that dissident (Alexander Litvinenko), plenty of news coverage, and condemnation, but i guess it inconvenient for you. Also, China is criticized all the time, especially in regards to Tibet. Iran did not threaten to destroy Israel, also Iran was condemned all over the news, when it murdered its own dissidents, and is currently under sanctions of its Nuclear program, where as Israel is not.

As for Hamas:

Hamas drops call for destruction of Israel from manifesto

You concocted a nice story, but it simple isn't true, you have chosen to ignore the fact that plenty of other countries are condemned all the time. Iran especially has featured in the news quite a bit lately, and has received plenty of condemnation. China get plenty of condemnation regarding Tibet, plenty of activism in regard to that. Russia was all over the news, when Alexander Litvinenko was murdered, and plenty of condemnation of there actions of Chechnya.

The only double standard is one in favor of Israel. Its fairly simple, they are under 0 sanctions for all the crap they pull, and are still welcome in the West, e.g. billions from the US, protected from sanctions by the US, favorable trade status from the EU, and OECD membership among other things.

Now, to get back on the actual topic. Do you think Israel is trust worthy enough to have our data? You seem to have side stepped this, and instead launched into talking about Russia, China, Iran and a non-existent anti-Israel double standard. Even if such a double standard did exists, it doesn't change anything in regard to whether Israel is trust worthy in regard to our data.

Now, considering Israel use of other nations passports, I would say no, they are not trust worthy, and before you talk on about Iran etc, no Iran, Russia, and other such regimes are not trust worthy either, but I am unaware of any proposed data sharing schemes, so I don't see any reason to go off topic in that regard anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Well, no doubt this can be solved amicably in due course. It should't be too hard for the various diplomats involved to figure out a solution to resolve the issues blocking agreement on the plan.

Advertisement