Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England v Kasack...kaca... kakakan... that other team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

there playing against a little small team whose giving it their best and have played much nicer than england, why would you want them to 'come on'.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

if i was ashley cole id walk off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Shocking mistake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wa wa wi woo! 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cole, he's a Chelsea player you know. Walcott is going backwards.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

there playing against a little small team whose giving it their best and have played much nicer than england, why would you want them to 'come on'.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

if i was ashley cole id walk off the pitch.

It's sh/t like this that makes us seem like a nation of bitter cnuts, who relish seeing 'the old enemy' get stuffed. Seriously, cop the fcuk on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

missed the kaz goal, what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Petty booing from England fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

quarryman wrote: »
    missed the kaz goal, what happened?
    He scored. :pac:

Yay! Rooney has scored!

Mike

3-1 to Uzbekistan now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Rooney just scored

ROONEY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Yes 3-1 Rooney :)

It's sh/t like this that makes us seem like a nation of bitter cnuts, you relish seeing 'the old enemy' get stuffed. Seriously, cop the fcuk on.

if sunderland were relegated would it not make newcastle fans feel class? would you not go on the messageboards and hear all sorts giving it loads? why is it any different?

Beckham to come on.

Beckham coming on! Why?

Mike

if sunderland were relegated would it not make newcastle fans feel class?

No. I love derbies, and the banter/rivarly between the two sets of fans.

Same reason why I don't want to see Spuds go down either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

It's sh/t like this that makes us seem like a nation of bitter cnuts, who relish seeing 'the old enemy' get stuffed. Seriously, cop the fcuk on.

lol.

No. It is commentators who, like after the first goal, say things like "and Kazakhstan have been put in their place", as if to say how dare they attempt to cause an upset here. That, combined with the fan attitudes, is why football fans not just in Ireland but the world over, from Argentina to Scotland to Turkey and beyond, love to see them get butchered. A sizeable chunk of the fans and media have zero respect for their opponents, either in terms of ability or in terms of their ambitions. In their view teams like Kazakhstan simply dont deserve a shot.

are you not saying you'd have newcastle fans on messageboards laughing at them?

what makes it any different from a bohs fan laughing at the state of shamrock rovers over the past while?

its football.

• Advertisement

shane86 wrote: »
    lol.

No. It is commentators who, like after the first goal, say things like "and Kazakhstan have been put in their place", as if to say how dare they attempt to cause an upset here. That, combined with the fan attitudes, is why football fans not just in Ireland but the world over, from Argentina to Scotland to Turkey and beyond, love to see them get butchered.

LOL, since when did the media represent a whole nation?

Isn't teh Daily Star Ireland's biggest selling paper?

are you not saying you'd have newcastle fans on messageboards laughing at them?

what makes it any different from a bohs fan laughing at the state of shamrock rovers over the past while?

its football.

Of course I amen't.

There's a load of Irish lads who post on Stormfront hating on teh blacks. Does that mean they are representative of me as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No. It is commentators who, like after the first goal, say things like "and Kazakhstan have been put in their place", as if to say how dare they attempt to cause an upset here.

that really bugged me. total arrogance. Who is commentating on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

mike65 wrote: »
    Beckham coming on! Why?

Mike

Walcott has been pretty much invisible, England's only threat is in the air with 3 headed goals to show for it. Beckham is still the best crosser of a ball in the world.

You tell us Mike.

Arc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've got nothing against English people whatsoever but when it comes to football I enjoy watching them get stuffed. I think their attitude when it comes to football stinks. Booing opposing team's anthems, booing their own players, acting like louts when they have had a few too many beers and let's not forget their vile media who seem to think they have a divine right to win everything.

ROONEY!

& Beckham:)

• Advertisement

another set peice.

Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooony! and subbed

Mike

Nice dangerous ball from Beckeham.

4-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Savage delivery by beckham

What a player to have on your bench for the last 15 mins to quell a resurgence.

• Advertisement

DEFOE!

Great finish.

And THAT'S why heskey is on the field.

nice pass by heskey

THEY DONT DESERVE THIS THOUGH...

Defoe! 5-1

re Heskey exactly!

Mike

I've got nothing against English people whatsoever but when it comes to football I enjoy watching them get stuffed. I think their attitude when it comes to football stinks. Booing opposing team's anthems, booing their own players, acting like louts when they have had a few too many beers and let's not forget their vile media who seem to think they have a divine right to win everything.

Agreed. That's what sets Irish supporters apart from their English counterparts. At least we only boo our own players, not the oppositions.

(That is as long as the opposition player doesnt play for Rangers, or didn't once play for Rangers or didn't actually ever play for Rangers but was rumoured to have in a case of mistaken identity.....)

Exactly, lovely subtle pass from Heskey, put it on a plate for Defoe.

Beckham really has looked the goods since he came on.

Pigman II wrote: »
    Agreed. That's what sets Irish supporters apart from their English counterparts. At least we only boo our own players, not the oppositions.

(That is as long as the opposition player doesnt play for Rangers, or didn't once play for Rangers or didn't actually ever play for Rangers but was rumoured to have in a case of mistaken identity.....)

i never remember an irish player being booed...honestly, and irish fans are always very respectful except that time when a good proportion of clowns booed the danish player they thought was Lovenkrands.

nice pass by heskey

THEY DONT DESERVE THIS THOUGH...
    Why? It's not like they scored 5 own goals.

i mean the kazaks...they put in a nice effort. the same way i was dissapointed when ireland scored against cyprus....cyprus in that situation did not deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Should have brought Beckham on at half time, would have been 10+

Walcott had a mare, no space for him to flourish.

Okay on Beckham I wuz wrong. Walcott was poor as I noted, though it wasn't all his doing. His confidence crumbled as he waited and waited.

If Ashley Cole wondered if he was loved he knows now. I think he got the stick cos he is the embodyment of the modern vain, pampered footballing milionaire.

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    If Ashley Cole wondered if he was loved he knows now. I think he got the stick cos he is the embodyment of the modern vain, pampered footballing milionaire.

Indeed he is all those things, but booing your own player for a mistake is the height of inbred ignorance, the lot of them should be rounded up and sterilised!

i never remember an irish player being booed....

They got booed half the matches in the Stan era. And rightly so.

As for booing Gers players, tbh it is part and parcel of football to boo players on basis such as playing for a bitter rival club (though in club football this would usually be in the case of a deflection). If in a few years it is apparent S Ireland is 100% not coming back to the fold IMO it would be totally valid for fans to boo him if he came here on a Man City pre season/European duty.

The anti Irish sentiment at Ibrox can hardly be ignored so meh, legitimate says I. Dont know if I would bother doing it myself but IMO it is a legitimate way to distract a player. Hardly as if we are the only ones to play on the connection. Not long ago Barca fans filled the Nou Camp with tricolours and other Irish stuff to intimidate Rangers.

well i think it was more booing stan and the fai in my opinion. i was at the cyprus game and it was definetly aimed at Delaney and the FAI.

And yeah i agree about the second part.

well i think it was more booing stan and the fai in my opinion. i was at the cyprus game and it was definetly aimed at Delaney and the FAI.

No Way! Why would they be booing a "World Class Management Team"?

what i mean is opposed to the players. its not like the irish fans do what english fans do to lampard before and ashley cole tonight.

theres nothing wrong booing the team as a whole but selecting players is not on.

Anyone who wants some proper perspective on the booing, and the English media, switch over to Sky channel 0108 (talkSPORT), or head over to talkSPORT's own website, and have a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Why? It's not like they scored 5 own goals.

+1

And at the end of the day played 3 games and won 3 games, qualification is the most/only important thing.

his point would have been valid had i said england didn't deserve the goals, i said it was harsh on the opposition because they played nice football and for most of the game were pretty close to england. if they had been able to deal with corners and were not smaller than the english they would have had a more fairer result based on the balance of play.

Exactly, lovely subtle pass from Heskey, put it on a plate for Defoe.

Beckham really has looked the goods since he came on.

Nearly always puts in class performances even post USA move. Brilliant set pieces. McClaren was a clown for dropping him, and people saying he was called up on name rather than merit are even bigger clowns. He is wasted at that rubbish US outfit. Looks highly likely he will retire in some game where crappy LAG play some other sh1te team in a league few in the US and even fewer outside could care less about. Sad ending tbh, and partly caused by Capello himself at Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

They got booed half the matches in the Stan era. And rightly so.

As for booing Gers players, tbh it is part and parcel of football to boo players on basis such as playing for a bitter rival club (though in club football this would usually be in the case of a deflection).
    I agree that booing is part and parcel of football, but the people who booed a player who was announced to have played for Rangers when he never did are laughable. It's amazing that they didn't even realise after seeing him on the pitch. Embarrassing.

If in a few years it is apparent S Ireland is 100% not coming back to the fold IMO it would be totally valid for fans to boo him if he came here on a Man City pre season/European duty.
    If I was as talented as he is, I wouldn't be in a rush to play for the Republic.

Advertisement