Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Shed

Options
  • 26-03-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Has anyone any advice on where to get a stell shed about 10x8? Anywhere i look dont have prices.Also how come some need a base and others dont?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Looking to get a shed the same size myself. I was told that Clane sheds do a 10 x 8 for 1500. Haven't rang them to confirm though. Apparently they deliver and erect and you don't need a base.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I emailed them yesterday afternoon and that was the price they gave. Are they any good for that price?Didnt really want to spend that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

We got a Clane shed about two years ago and it's been worth every penny. The guys who came to erect it did a brilliant job, considering it was the middle of winter and the garden was a bit of a bog at the time! As for base or no base, we didn't need one. I'm not sure how that works because I wasn't paying close attention at the time.

Everything in the shed is dry now, compared to the old wooden one. I know they're expensive, but we got ours when Clane had a stand at the Ideal Home Show at the RDS and I'm sure we got a bit of a discount, so it might be worth looking out for them at the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Argos do a range of cheap metal sheds - can be a bit fiddley to set up but good enough for your average garden I'd say

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=metal+sheds&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I have the 10x12 Argos one for the last 9 years and it has served me well. It can be a bit damp with condensation, but I'm sure with a little effort this could be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Argos do a range of cheap metal sheds - can be a bit fiddley to set up but good enough for your average garden I'd say

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=metal+sheds&authToken=

Ive heard and read good and bad reports on these Argos sheds.Some of them dont seem to fit together propperly.

You wouldnt want to be storing any valuable metal objects in them,with regards them leaking and the condensation.

Glad to hear that your shed,isnt one of the bad ones.

Regards.:)

Advertisement