Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Head On Home

• 06-10-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Funniest thing to happen the LOI since Roddy Collins got a job in it....

Limerick 37 were supposed to playWexford Youths but went home after they were refused a warm up in the main pitch :pac:

Pretty petty unsporting behaviour from Mick Wallace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Funniest thing to happen the LOI since Roddy Collins got a job in it....
    Limerick 37 were supposed to playWexford Youths but went home after they were refused a warm up in the main pitch :pac:

Pretty petty unsporting behaviour from Mick Wallace

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No, no it isn't in all fairness.

When we played down there twice we warmed up on the pitch behind it.
    Athlone do the same thing aswell.

It's hilarious all the same. Wexford have to be awarded the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Limerick under 20s were happy to warm on a training pitch at the weekend before FC Carlow beat them.

Irish facilities are hard enough to keep in good condition without wrecking them during warmups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

According to Mick Wallace the team were allowed onto the main pitch at 7.20pm for an 8pm kick off but Limerick said that they didn't have enough time so headed home before it got too late. If its true it was a very unprofessional decision. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Villain wrote: »
    Limerick under 20s were happy to warm on a training pitch at the weekend before FC Carlow beat them.

Irish facilities are hard enough to keep in good condition without wrecking them during warmups

Ah come on mate, they're going to play 90 minutes of football on it within the hour, what difference is a warm-up going to make?! Lets be realistic, if the pitch can't take a warm-up, then the match shouldn't be played.

This is the kind of thing that makes a joke of the LoI

I dont find it funny or hilarious its another incident which makes the LoI out to be unprofessional and a down right farce at times.

• Advertisement

People jump to conclusions.

Teams have ALWAYS warmed up on the outside pitch. It's what makes the Youths pitch so fanatastic. Wallace takes care of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Publin wrote: »
    I dont find it funny or hilarious its another incident which makes the LoI out to be unprofessional and a down right farce at times.

Agreed. Nice touch in a week where a premier league team couldn't even have a bleeding shower after the match.

SantryRed wrote: »
    People jump to conclusions.

Teams have ALWAYS warmed up on the outside pitch. It's what makes the Youths pitch so fanatastic. Wallace takes care of it.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I will admit I've never been down to watch a match there, and being a Shels fans I realise you might have been, so I am more than happy to accept that teams have always warmed up on the outside pitch (by the way, is it actually a pitch that they train on or just an open/green area behind/beside the pitch? Just curious, as I say I've never been down there).

However, that doesn't change the fact that teams should be allowed warm up on the pitch. Wallace himself obviously realised this, but it was too late (in the opinion of Limerick players/management) and the match didn't go ahead. I would imagine that Wexford were allowed to warm up on the Limerick pitch when they travelled there, why shouldn't Limerick be allowed to warm up on the pitch, get a bit of a feel for it?

I'm not sure if it's an official rule in the LoI that teams are allowed to warm-up on the pitch, but I know in European competition, that prior to a match the away team is allowed a minimum of 1 training session on the pitch on which the game is due to be played, never mind a warm-up. Anyone know what the official "rule" is here?

It's not an unreasonable request, and it's not going to ruin the pitch. Home and away teams warm up on Dalymount, Tolka, Turner's Cross etc. etc. and those pitches are generally in good condition (flooding aside!). To take a better example, the Brandywell has a (training) pitch next to the ground, yet the teams always warm up on the pitch.

That said, to get in a huff about it and leave the ground, especially indeed if they were allowed to warm up on it from 7:20 onwards and having made the trip from Limerick, is also a bit of an over-reaction.

Basically it's just making a mockery of our league - again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

They should have sent them to Saipan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

... (by the way, is it actually a pitch that they train on or just an open/green area behind/beside the pitch? Just curious, as I say I've never been down there)....

Its a floodlit pitch and is used by the U20 team for league games. Limericks manager stating health and safety grounds due to the floodlights not being adequate.

I havent been in Dalymount or Turners Cross in a long time but in the case of Tolka, both teams warm up on the main pitch as there us no other pitch in the grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Needless ammo for the 'LoI is rubbish' moaners.

It should be clearly stated somewhere what the entitlements of the visiting team are. If it is, then one or other of these clubs is in the wrong and should be punished, beyond merely forfeiting points.

If it isn't, then whoever is responsible for setting out the protocol should be accountable. It's not rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

stovelid wrote: »
    Agreed. Nice touch in a week where a premier league team couldn't even have a bleeding shower after the match.

missed this, who and where?

what a joke of a story, bad form from Limerick, very ametureish. Making a mockery of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Crazy times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Either scenario is a joke. Limerick not playing, and Wexford not allowing people train on their pitch... What Limerick did was stupid but not being allowed to train on the proper pitch is just crazy...

Anyway, it shows LOI needs a hell of alot more improvement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

prendy wrote: »
    missed this, who and where?

McDonnell furious after Saints left high and dry

JOHN McDonnell was another unhappy manager on Friday night when his St Patrick's Athletic side took three points from Finn Park, before entering the changing rooms to find their showers were not working.

"You go and do your work and you prepare properly and then you come up here and there are no showers for the players. It's a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.

"We have a three-hour trip home and we've a match on Monday. It's a disgrace that we have no showers, absolutely shocking."

Finn Harps, who became the latest club to strike financial problems last week, later confirmed that maintenance work was being done on the away changing room and that was the reason for the water shortage.

Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

stovelid wrote: »
    McDonnell furious after Saints left high and dry

JOHN McDonnell was another unhappy manager on Friday night when his St Patrick's Athletic side took three points from Finn Park, before entering the changing rooms to find their showers were not working.

"You go and do your work and you prepare properly and then you come up here and there are no showers for the players. It's a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.

"We have a three-hour trip home and we've a match on Monday. It's a disgrace that we have no showers, absolutely shocking."

Finn Harps, who became the latest club to strike financial problems last week, later confirmed that maintenance work was being done on the away changing room and that was the reason for the water shortage.

Link.

cheers!:D

my god, what year is it?
    if my local club at home didnt have showers working even the u14s would be up in arms never mind the senior team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Limerick 37 releases a statement defending their actions

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1007/wexford_limerick37.html

wrote:
    "Wallace claims that while this was an unprecedented request, he relented and 40 minutes before kick-off told Limerick that they could warm-up on the main pitch only to be informed that there wasn't enough time for the visitors to complete their routine"

"'To suggest that the club would travel the entire way to Wexford with the express desire to not carry out the fixture is completely untrue.

'Limerick 37 would like to confirm that the team arrived in the ground at 6pm above the requisite 90 minutes before kick off and were forced to sit in the changing rooms for over an hour waiting for access to warm up.

'In addition the referee Rob Rodgers confirmed to Limerick 37 that he would not be warming up on the back pitch in question as he deemed the lighting unsafe"

"
    'Limerick 37 changed back in to their team suits at 7.20pm and had boarded the team bus when they were finally given a grudging and unofficial permission by Mick Wallace to go on to the main pitch at 7.25pm.

'At this stage the team manager had already instructed his players that they were not in a position to fulfil the fixture as they were not in a position to complete their 60 minute warm up routine that they carry out for each and every game,' the statement concluded.
    "

So the referee said that lighting conditions were too bad on the training pitch, and they weren't safe to warm up there.
    So the Limerick team wait for almost an hour and a half, before getting re-dressed, and back on the coach.
    Then with them ready to leave they're told okay ye can warm up, so by the time they got re-togged out they'd have had 15-20 mins to warm up.

Yeah.

Definately all their fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Wallace urges heavy sanction for Limerick 37

Friday nights game won't be and issue it seems for Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

aubhall wrote: »
    Wallace urges heavy sanction for Limerick 37

Friday nights game won't be and issue it seems for Dundalk.

Yea, Dundalk's warm up if a very scientiific approach. Few sprints over and back the pitch and a quick stretch is all that's needed!!:D
    Quick fag break and ready to go.. Well thats wahat my winter league team do and it works for us!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It certainly seems like a very interesting situation and will be interesting to see what action the league take over it all.

If the training area was too dark, and unsafe, then I don't see why the players can't be allowed to warm up on the main pitch.

The only FAI official that I know was there, the referee, said that it wasn't safe.

Safe for what? and where did he say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Safe for what? and where did he say that?

Post #18

'In addition the referee Rob Rodgers confirmed to Limerick 37 that he would not be warming up on the back pitch in question as he deemed the lighting unsafe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Spoke to my mate in RTE yesterday and apparently within about an hour of the incident they had received press releases from both clubs giving completely conflicting stories about the events! I'd say they make interesting reading.

Thats what Limerick say the Ref said, I was looking for a quote from the ref?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Why did Mick Wallace have a veto on Limerick warming up on the pitch? Surely the ref makes that call?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Limerick are contradicting theirselves left right and centre. They arrived at six o clock for at 8pm kick-off time. The back pitch by the way is a full pitch in excellent condition. I think since Derry got the chance to train on the main pitch for the League Cup final, Limerick wanted to be the prima donnas. The back pitch fair enough if it was dark, we still had a full light huge astroturf pitch where they could warm up. The Limerick manager even submitted his teamsheet to the referee so the warm up situation was neither here nor there. The fact Mick said they were missing there 2 best players added a bit of spice to this episode, but Limerick are blaming the facilities ffs get a grip Wexford facilities are second to none. They have neen 4 times to Ferrycarrig Park, why did they not ask to use the astroturf after Mick said to the main pitch. That is question that needs to be asked as well as why did they submit their teamsheet and then pish off back home and leave their own supporters as well as our own out of pocket because of a flippin 1 hour warm up schedule, not even a professional outfit has a 1 hour training program.

The referee and his assistants actually warmed up on the side of the main pitch Limerick were also offered to do so and then left shortly after. Like when Boro didn´t "fulfill" their fixture a few years ago against Blackburn, Limerick should be fined and we should be awarded the points as their antics were childlish and least to say unprofessional in what they stated and some of their supporters on message boards across the land have said about Ferrycarraig, which most fans who have visited it say and it is also recognised as a top professional class facility.

Since the first LOI fixture at Ferrycarraig every team bar Derry City have warmed up on the back pitch to preserve the main pitch what is the big deal here at all. The facilities full catered for whatever warm up schedule a club has. Again I ask why did Limerick not ask to use the astroturf pitch which was full lighted, a normal person would have realised that option available.

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Since the first LOI fixture at Ferrycarraig every team bar Derry City have warmed up on the back pitch to preserve the main pitch what is the big deal here at all.

Look I think Wexford have great facilities from the sounds of it, Wallace is doing a great job, well done on getting to the League Cup final etc. etc., but why the hell can't teams warm up on the pitch? They do at pretty much every other ground I can think of. As you said, I don't see what the big deal here is at all. Limerick should have been allowed to warm up on the main pitch, especially as the referee said he felt it was unsafe to warm up on the other pitch and would not be doing so himself.
    Again I ask why did Limerick not ask to use the astroturf pitch which was full lighted, a normal person would have realised that option available.

If the other pitch was deemed unsafe by the referee, Limerick shouldn't have to go looking for the astro. They should be given the option of using it if that's what Wexford decide is best, and if not or if they refused, then they should have been let warm up on the match surface. It's up to Wexford to provide the facilities, not Limerick to go around trying to organise somewhere safe to warm up.
    Why did Mick Wallace have a veto on Limerick warming up on the pitch? Surely the ref makes that call?

Hate to say it, but I agree with ONYD here :eek::pac:. The referee didn't feel the other pitch was safe and was warming up on the main pitch and had no issue with Limerick warming up on it also.

Limerick aren't completely blameless either with the way they acted, but I definitely feel, based on the stories that have emerged so far, that Wexford are the ones moreso in the wrong. It'll be interesting to see what the referee puts in his match report as that'll probably have a big impact on what the FAI decide to do (if anything).

• Advertisement

Limerick are contradicting theirselves left right and centre. They arrived at six o clock for at 8pm kick-off time. The back pitch by the way is a full pitch in excellent condition. I think since Derry got the chance to train on the main pitch for the League Cup final, Limerick wanted to be the prima donnas. The back pitch fair enough if it was dark, we still had a full light huge astroturf pitch where they could warm up. The Limerick manager even submitted his teamsheet to the referee so the warm up situation was neither here nor there. The fact Mick said they were missing there 2 best players added a bit of spice to this episode, but Limerick are blaming the facilities ffs get a grip Wexford facilities are second to none. They have neen 4 times to Ferrycarrig Park, why did they not ask to use the astroturf after Mick said to the main pitch. That is question that needs to be asked as well as why did they submit their teamsheet and then pish off back home and leave their own supporters as well as our own out of pocket because of a flippin 1 hour warm up schedule, not even a professional outfit has a 1 hour training program.

The referee and his assistants actually warmed up on the side of the main pitch Limerick were also offered to do so and then left shortly after. Like when Boro didn´t "fulfill" their fixture a few years ago against Blackburn, Limerick should be fined and we should be awarded the points as their antics were childlish and least to say unprofessional in what they stated and some of their supporters on message boards across the land have said about Ferrycarraig, which most fans who have visited it say and it is also recognised as a top professional class facility.

Since the first LOI fixture at Ferrycarraig every team bar Derry City have warmed up on the back pitch to preserve the main pitch what is the big deal here at all. The facilities full catered for whatever warm up schedule a club has. Again I ask why did Limerick not ask to use the astroturf pitch which was full lighted, a normal person would have realised that option available.

Biased much?!:rolleyes:

I'll point out to you again, as I assume I did on IK, that winter is darker that summer!!!

Limerick had no problem using the training pitch the other times, cause it wasn't dark.
    Simple!!!

At 7 pm today, take a look out your window.

As for the Limerick contradicting themselves.
    How?!
    Turning up half an hour before the requisite time!!!
    Are you kidding me?!
    All teams are required to turn up 90 mins before the kick off time by FAI rules.

Limerick always begin their warm up more than 60 mins before a game, as they have a set routine.
    They always arrive at least 2 hours before kickoff for away fixtures.

But of course you think that this is Limerick lying!:rolleyes:

If Wexford want to be stubborn and refuse the team adequate warm up facilities, then screw them.

You want a full squad of players to do a 60 min warm up, on the bloody sidelines!
    Are you kidding me?!!!

And as for the astro, have you ever played on astro?

It's completely different to turf.
    Different on your knees, different bounce, different, lay.
    You might as well ask them to warm up in the car park.

Fact of the matter is, both clubs acted stupidly.

And both clubs know it, and are lying through their teeth.

The only difference is that Wexford are being unprofessional enough to publicly accuse Limerick of throwing the match.

And that will have to be addressed by the FAI.

You enjoy your rose tinted glasses though.

And as for the astro, have you ever played on astro?

It's completely different to turf.
    Different on your knees, different bounce, different, lay.
    You might as well ask them to warm up in the car park.

Again, excuse my lack of familiarity with the particular astro pitch in question, but wouldn't you also need astro boots as opposed to normal studs for warming up on this? The Limerick team may not have had this equipment with them.Were Limerick even offered use of the astro pitch?

To anyone defending Wexford, I'd ask this: If Limerick arrived at 6, why was it not until after 7:20 (even Wallace agrees with this time) that they were provided with a safe pitch to warm up on??

Again, excuse my lack of familiarity with the particular astro pitch in question, but wouldn't you also need astro boots as opposed to normal studs for warming up on this? The Limerick team may not have had this equipment with them.Were Limerick even offered use of the astro pitch?

To anyone defending Wexford, I'd ask this: If Limerick arrived at 6, why was it not until after 7:20 (even Wallace agrees with this time) that they were provided with a safe pitch to warm up on??

Very good point.
    I certainly wouldn't like to try my normal boots on astro, or visa versa.

Again, I'm not saying Limerick were blamless.
    Just that Wexford have a lot to answer for too.

Not only that, but any astro pitches I've played on have always banned studs from being used (and in some cases blades too), as it damages the astroturf surface. So I doubt Wallace would have been too happy with that option either.

I agree that both teams have to take a degree of responsibility, but my sympathies lie with Limerick based on the current details that are available.

Where did Wexford Youths warm up becuase surely if it was good enough for them it was good enough for the Limerick team.

Where did Wexford Youths warm up becuase surely if it was good enough for them it was good enough for the Limerick team.

If the other pitch wasn't deemed good enough/safe enough for the referee to warm up on, I wouldn't expect Limerick to have to warm up on it.

• Advertisement

Jesus, lads it's Limerick who have the problem here.

For the past 18 months, every team to play down there has warmed up on the back pitch. The main pitch is in fantastic condition and would rival any Premiership pitch.

Limerick are laughable anyways to do any moaning about facilities. They should not even get a licence because of there ground but yet they still do.

I hope Wexford get the 3 points for this and Limerick get a heavy fine. Goons.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus, lads it's Limerick who have the problem here.

For the past 18 months, every team to play down there has warmed up on the back pitch. The main pitch is in fantastic condition and would rival any Premiership pitch.

Limerick are laughable anyways to do any moaning about facilities. They should not even get a licence because of there ground but yet they still do.

I hope Wexford get the 3 points for this and Limerick get a heavy fine. Goons.

Yeah and the reff should be fired for not warming up there too.
    Infact, he should be brought out and pulically flayed.
    Cheek of him.

To think that Limerick with their ridiculous facilities (that part isn't sarcasm), allow opposing teams more courtessy than the team that has "the best facilites in the LOI".
    So good that they don't have adequete lighting on their warm up pitch no less.
    Cheeky Limerick for looking after the saftey of their contracted players.

I regulary go into a ring and get punched and kicked in the face for fun.

Just cause I do it, does that mean that you should?!

Wexford could warm up in downtown Bagdhad for all the difference it makes to Limerick.
    A LOI official ageed that the lighting wasn't safe.

Wexford can choose to do what they want, but if Limerick and the LOI think it's unsafe, then it's up to Wexforsd to provide somewhere that is.

According to Limerick he said this, however referees have always warmed up on the perimeter of the pitch.

Let's just wait and see what happens. Should be announcement tomorrow or Friday if the FAI keep to their promise.

I'm going for myabe next Monday we'll find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Biased much?!:rolleyes:

I'll point out to you again, as I assume I did on IK, that winter is darker that summer!!!

Limerick had no problem using the training pitch the other times, cause it wasn't dark.
    Simple!!!

At 7 pm today, take a look out your window.
    Limerick played Wexford last season on the 17th of September. Feck all difference in evening light between 17th of September and now. Up Wexford!

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Limerick played Wexford last season on the 17th of September. Feck all difference in evening light between 17th of September and now. Up Wexford!

Are you kidding me, or making baseless asumptions.

There's an average difference in the time of sunset in Wexford of 40-45 minutes between 17th of September, and 3rd of Oct.

Remind me never to ask you for a weather forcast!:rolleyes:

Secondly, Limerick 37 played Cobh on the 14th Sept 2007, while Wexford Youths played Cobh on the 22nd.

So unless it wasn't a LOI game (I can't remember the cup fixtures), you're vastly mistaken.

Anything else you want to be wrong about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Are you kidding me, or making baseless asumptions.

There's an average difference in the time of sunset in Wexford of 40-45 minutes between 17th of September, and 3rd of Oct.

Remind me never to ask you for a weather forcast!:rolleyes:

Secondly, Limerick 37 played Cobh on the 14th Sept 2007, while Wexford Youths played Cobh on the 22nd.

So unless it wasn't a LOI game (I can't remember the cup fixtures), you're vastly mistaken.

40 minutes me arse. More like 20. Pighead has studied each and every sunset for the past 3 weeks as he had a feeling he may become embroiled in a sunset related row on a popular Irish message board.

17th September Sunset=19.24 Hours
    Tuesday Night Sunset = 19.04 Hours

Oh and with regards to the league match, Pighead isn't "vastly mistaken". It is in fact YOU that is vastly mistaken. Wexford played Limerick last September the 17th in a match that resulted in a 1-1 draw.
    http://www.soccerway.com/match/division-1/wexford-youths-fc/limerick-37/553428/

Suck it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I can't believe you took on Piggy in an arguement that involves trawling back through dates / fixtures / posts etc!!!!
    Don't you realise he documents carefully archives absolutely everything that happens, as it happens!!

BTW, i'm not into analysing when the sun sets etc, but wouldn't the early season games have a similar sunset time to now?? Like i know the first couple of games of the season that i went to were when it was still dark quite early.
    I also would have fcuk all faith in the judgement of a FAI official. If you saw some of the refereeing decisions in our last few home games you may be inclined to do the opposite to what they suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

From what I've read, Wexford were ready to warm up on the training pitch as per usual but after Limerick went home they had a training session, on the training pitch, instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

40 minutes me arse. More like 20. Pighead has studied each and every sunset for the past 3 weeks as he had a feeling he may become embroiled in a sunset related row on a popular Irish message board.

Oh and with regards to the league match, Pighead isn't "vastly mistaken". It is in fact YOU that is vastly mistaken. Wexford played Limerick last September the 17th in a match that resulted in a 1-1 draw.

Suck it up!

PWND.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Well the whole thing was videoed and the video is now in the hands of the FAI. It includes some nasty comments by Wallace. Im sure Walalce will get a fine after the review the video.

A friend in the FAI sent me on a snippet from the video:
    Secret FAI Video of Wexford Limerick Fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I repeat my question. Why is it up to Mick Wallace where Limerick warm up and not the referee?

As far as I'm aware you are entitled to warm up on the match pitch. Doubled with the fact that the referee deemed the training pitch unsafe, its hard to see Wexfords point of view.

Much as I admire what has been happening in Wexford, this stinks of gamesmanship that backfired.

Suck it up!

Wanna try on the sunset again?

Sunset in Wexford on 17th Sept 2007 7:34pm
    Sunset for Oct 3rd 2008 6:56pm.

Daylight on September 17th 2007 lasted 12 hours 35 minutes and 42 seconds
    On October 3rd 2008 it lasted 11 hours 25 minutes and 25 seconds.
    A 1 hour 10 minute and 17 second difference on the two days in question.

To be exact.

Sunset times change on a yearly basis my friend, looking out your window for a few weeks tells you squat!
    It also depends on the weather, seeing as visibility is noticably less on overcast days etc.

Date________Astronomical Twig light___Nautical Twilight______Civil Twilight_____Sunrise Sunset
    Sep 17, 2007____4:59 AM 9:38 PM_______ 5:44 AM 8:54 PM_____ 6:26 AM 8:12 PM____7:01 AM 7:37 PM

Oct 3, 2008_____5:34 AM 8:53 PM________6:15 AM 8:11 PM_____6:56 AM 7:31 PM____7:31 AM 6:56 PM

Do you want toast with those eggs on your face?!

I was wrong about the fixture, but I blame the awkward LOI site for that!;)

Oops I guess you only half owned, me, and my owning of you canceled your owning of me, eh?

Guess what, just like Wexford and Limerick, we're both wrong!!!!!

Advertisement