Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AI Final 07/09/14. Tipp v Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Didn't you say he hadn't made an impact in games after 2009 apart from 2011 v John O Keeffe ?
    Maybe I read it wrong.

Against Tipp, I said limited impact, while acknowledging the handpass in 2012. And I was including the 2009 all ireland final in that. Looking back, I may have missed typing Tipp, apologies if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Against Tipp, I said limited impact, while acknowledging the handpass in 2012. And I was including the 2009 all ireland final in that. Looking back, I may have missed typing Tipp, apologies if so.

No problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Grats

Rightwing wrote: »
    There will never again be a manager as good as Cody. But Davy Fitz may last longer than Cody though as an inter county manager.

I've my doubts about him.

Fair enough. I'd have my doubts about Davy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

You really do plumb the depths when it comes to every and any opportunity. to denigrate any Kilkenny achievement collectively or individually and then try to dress it up as impartiality. Your anti Kilkenny rhetoric is well documented on many of the forums so please give us all a rest and just admit your bias. Not even the Tipp home grown supporters write as much drivel about Kilkenny as you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Grats wrote: »
    Fair enough. I'd have my doubts about Davy though.

I would too, but I could see him go to Galway for a few years, Dublin etc, a sort of journeyman manager. He must have 6/7 years behind already ?

• Advertisement

You really do plumb the depths when it comes to every and any opportunity. to denigrate any Kilkenny achievement collectively or individually and then try to dress it up as impartiality. Your anti Kilkenny rhetoric is well documented on many of the forums so please give us all a rest and just admit your bias. Not even the Tipp home grown supporters write as much drivel about Kilkenny as you do.

Where's the drivel? Explain exactly what you disagree with and give examples to back it up.

If it's Shefflin v Tipp, give examples of performances rather than medals. I'm plenty complimentary towards Kilkenny. Don't hide behind calling it out my 'bias', back up your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Don't agree with you on this one sav, always find mountainlad to be a fair and genuine poster and loyal Waterford supporter.

Wouldn't think KK would be his favourite team now or anything but never detected any anti KK bias tbf.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Keep it civil please lads and ladies

Don't agree with you on this one sav, always find mountainlad to be a fair and genuine poster and loyal Waterford supporter.

Wouldn't think KK would be his favourite team now or anything but never detected any anti KK bias tbf.

Indeed, I'd also call him a knowledgeable punter.

I would too, but I could see him go to Galway for a few years, Dublin etc, a sort of journeyman manager. He must have 6/7 years behind already ?

Perhaps. Like any manager though he will be judged on success not how many years he lasted or how many teams he managed.

Perhaps he might even end up in Limerick!

• Advertisement

Indeed, I'd also call him a knowledgeable punter.

You would.

Perhaps. Like any manager though he will be judged on success not how many years he lasted or how many teams he managed.

Perhaps he might even end up in Limerick!

He could do for sure. But is that not a sign of success too ?

Wouldn't entirely agree to be honest. Prefer not to get involved there.

He could do for sure. But is that not a sign of success too ?

Personal success.

Personal success.

Absolutely, but also you have to be good to last in the game.

Who are the 3 best managers in the game right now?

I'd go, Cody, O Shea, and probably Fitzy.

Absolutely, but also you have to be good to last in the game.

Who are the 3 best managers in the game right now?

I'd go, Cody, O Shea, and probably Fitzy.

Absolutely no way would I include O'Shea. I'd put JBM ahead of him.

My three -

Cody, Daly and Fitz.

My three -

Cody, Daly and Fitz.

If Tipp won the all-ireland would you put him ahead of JBM?

My three -

Cody, Daly and Fitz.

He was found out v Tipp. Sheedy was right up there, but since he left there hasn't been another top manager. Daly has done well, but we can't really judge him as a top notch manager yet.

He was found out v Tipp. Sheedy was right up there, but since he left there hasn't been another top manager. Daly has done well, but we can't really judge him as a top notch manager yet.

I think what Daly did with Clare was incredible, and has done a good job with Dublin.

Nobody really knows what happened Cork against Tipp but I wouldn't think it was all down to the respective managers. Sheedy and O'Shea were struggling big time in the lead up to the Final in 2010. It's no great wonder that Sheedy left and it leaves us to but guess how good he is.

• Advertisement

I think what Daly did with Clare was incredible, and has done a good job with Dublin.

What exactly did he do with Clare did he get them to a final around 01 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Cyril Lyons was in charge when they lost to Kk in 2002

Two semis in 2004 and 2005. Gave Cork their toughest game the second year, and were unlucky not to win. Would have been the most impressive single win for any manager that I've ever seen had he won the all-ireland with that Clare team.

Where's the drivel? Explain exactly what you disagree with and give examples to back it up.

If it's Shefflin v Tipp, give examples of performances rather than medals. I'm plenty complimentary towards Kilkenny. Don't hide behind calling it out my 'bias', back up your statement.

Would you like to start with the video you uploaded on the Limerick forum showing John Dalton in the league final against Dublin. You uploaded it for a purpose and it was not to be fair to Kilkenny or even neutral..

Would you like to start with the video you uploaded on the Limerick forum showing John Dalton in the league final against Dublin. You uploaded it for a purpose and it was not to be fair to Kilkenny or even neutral..

The argument ye were making was ridiculous. Using red cards as a gauge of dirty play, while at the same time the main grievance every time you complain is about off the ball incidents that went unpunished. And kept talking about red card statistics without actually providing any.

But can I ask what exactly that has to do with anything I've said here? And you say 'would you like to start' but I've a feeling you'd be hard put to find many examples, especially seen as the one I was pointing out was merely to bring balance to an argument about off the ball incidents.

Here's what I said about Kilkenny after the Limerick game:
    Good game today considering the horrendous conditions. People probably didn't realize but Kilkenny had to contend with a very strong wind in the first half, which would explain some of the poor wides. The wind had died by the restart once the rain subsided (before the heavens opened again and torrents came down).

First remark would be I was in awe of Kilkenny's use of the ball in possession. Their composure on the ball, vision and skill (all particularly well embodied in the form of one Richie Hogan) was an example to all teams. They were met with a Limerick side though who are teak tough, and played clever ball to the forwards first half when they had possession, and some extremely good shooting (which was far from bullet proof v Wexford) had them ahead for almost all the first half. Some great skill from Dowling for the point he scored off with one hand and a brilliant score from the sideline from David Breen two Limerick highlights.

At the other end Michael Fennelly holding off a few men hanging out of him and being able to break through and take a point, couple with Richie Hogan's excellent goal (and typical Kilkenny fashion, a sucker punch at just the right time) were great aspects of their first half play.

Second half and as the weather deteriorated, Limerick dominated and relled Kilkenny's 3 point lead back in. The turning point though I thought was Richie Power coming on for Kilkenny. Mark Kelly is an average hurler in my opinion and the Cats were wasting their time with him in full, TJ Reid didn't get much change in their either but when Power came in 3 high balls went in and we won all of them (not caught cleanly everytime but breaking them down for his men). Larkin got the goal and they were on their way.

I think Limerick maybe didn't show the composure neccesary either, I don't understand for example why David Breen was going for goal so early in the second half or why with 10 minutes left they were in the corner running at Kilkenny trying to work a goal chance while only two down. A point then and you're making a real game of it.

Nonetheless can't understand talk of the better team losing. Kilkenny were the better team today, no doubt about that.

I think the man of the match selections will look something like Paul Murphy, Seamus Hickey and Richie Hogan.

And on controversial incidents, JJ Delaney should have been sent off for pulling back Dowling's faceguard first half, and DOG should have been sent off second half. Not sure on the 21/penalty incident, felt it was a penalty but initial reaction was not that it should be a straight red, would like to see it again.

Yeah sure but you still hunted down the video of Dalton and uploaded it.

Yeah sure but you still hunted down the video of Dalton and uploaded it.

Yeah, sometimes people need visual reminders.

But hey, I don't really need to answer your questions if you won't answer mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Yeah, sometimes people need visual reminders.

But hey, I don't really need to answer your questions if you won't answer mine.

Savanahh gets a bit touchy if people don't bow before KK and lick Cody's boots and praise their players to the hilt.

Visual reminders of what. You might explain that to all the other Kilkenny posters. What exactly were you trying to prove when you uploaded it, was it that Kilkenny were saints. I doubt it. Your opinion of Kilkeny very much depends on which forum you are posting.

• Advertisement

And along comes Browney true to his name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement