Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Final 07/09/14. Tipp v Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

bruschi wrote: »
    It's a hard one to call. 2 teams going hell for leather. It'll come down to which ever defence gets on top.

Whoever concedes the least should win it.

John Allen, is that you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

You might be on to something there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

It's a hard one to call. 2 teams going hell for leather. It'll come down to which ever defence gets on top.

good accurate analysis there. Hurling will be the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Difficult to say, Tipp seem to be peaking at the right time but KK still have had the edge over them in games played over the last couple of years.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype and both teams play to their potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

The fact of the matter is Tipp are very solid from 2-7. Their keeper had a decent day Sunday but I don't need to comment on how bad Cork were so still a lot of question marks there. Again, their midfield did well Sunday but same as the goal keeper. Tipps problem is their forwards, they're grand when given time and space and when a game is over but when it comes down to a battle they are windy as can be. KK's defence can indeed be got at-But Tipp will need to be very clever in possession if they are to win. They will need over-lapping runs/support play and to play short slick hurling at times + some decent long range shooting But if Tipp hit aimless ball like they were at Sunday KK will clean house. Tipp are where they are on merit, but the only real test for them all year was Limerick- which they allowed descend into a physical battle and lost. Likewise, when Dublin put it up to em physically for ten minutes they got well on top but missed a peno and Tipp then goaled against the run of play...KK will make this a low scoring physical battle and will win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Vanolder wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is Tipp are very solid from 2-7. Their keeper had a decent day Sunday but I don't need to comment on how bad Cork were so still a lot of question marks there. Again, their midfield did well Sunday but same as the goal keeper. Tipps problem is their forwards, they're grand when given time and space and when a game is over but when it comes down to a battle they are windy as can be. KK's defence can indeed be got at-But Tipp will need to be very clever in possession if they are to win. They will need over-lapping runs/support play and to play short slick hurling at times + some decent long range shooting But if Tipp hit aimless ball like they were at Sunday KK will clean house. Tipp are where they are on merit, but the only real test for them all year was Limerick- which they allowed descend into a physical battle and lost. Likewise, when Dublin put it up to em physically for ten minutes they got well on top but missed a peno and Tipp then goaled against the run of play...KK will make this a low scoring physical battle and will win it.
    As a tipp man its hard to disagree with this. I suppose the hope is that tipp can deal physically with kk. I thought our use of the ball was very good on Sunday, lots of short intelligent passing, intelligent running, probably our best performance in years in terms of our style of play. We will need to produce more of that under more pressure against kk. Not easy to do but we are capable of it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

dzer2 wrote: »
    I just wonder have tipp used all their shooting exceptional points total quota yesterday. You get one game every so often that every thing you hit goes over the bar.

That was hardly on Sunday. Noel McGrath alone hit 4 fairly poor wides. The two midfielders and Bubbles hit some nice points alright, but I wouldn't have said too many of the Tipp scores were exceptional. Corks woeful shooting probably made them look good.

MfMan wrote: »
    Actually, I thought it didn't. A lot of long, high Tipp deliveries in the first half were spilled by the recipient and cleared on the break by the Cork defence. A lot of Tipp scores in this period came as a result of more structured moves. The delivery in the second half to the Tipp forwards was more targeted and an increased rate in the scoring resulted.

Would agree. I thought 1-7 and a 2 point lead at half time was quite a poor return for the amount of ball hit in, especially given that the goal came from 2 mistakes by Cork backs more so than good play from Tipp.
    As you said Tipp's delivery was much better in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 porgie_georgie

Is there any hope at all that tickets will go on sale to the general public via tickets.ie or ticketmaster or will it all be through the clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Is there any hope at all that tickets will go on sale to the general public via tickets.ie or ticketmaster or will it all be through the clubs?

No Hope at all.. Thank feck i got season tickets the last few year its a nightmare looking for 4 tickets..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Can't see past Kilkenny, unfortunately.

Always through the clubs for AI finals, half the country would like a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Can't see past Kilkenny, unfortunately.

Why unfortunately? just curious

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Why unfortunately? just curious

Because I'm from Cork and have Tipp relatives.

:P

Ah it was only in jest really, if they win it they win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

So will Lar spend the day standing on the sideline near the Kilkenny bench?

So will Lar spend the day standing on the sideline near the Kilkenny bench?

If JJ goes on Lar he will destroy him. Is Callanan strong physically for JJ? He surely has a height advantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Amprodude wrote: »
    If JJ goes on Lar he will destroy him. Is Callanan strong physically for JJ? He surely has a height advantage?

Callanan definitely has the height advantage, but JJ throughout his career has been dominant in the air.....height isn't everything. It's certainly an interesting matchup

Callanan definitely has the height advantage, but JJ throughout his career has been dominant in the air.....height isn't everything. It's certainly an interesting matchup

JJ must have some power in his legs that he can compete in the air. He cleaned Dan Shanahan out in 2004 in the semi.

Amprodude wrote: »
    JJ must have some power in his legs that he can compete in the air. He cleaned Dan Shanahan out in 2004 in the semi.

He's a good three inches taller than Tommy Walsh was. Shane Walsh took for two goals in 2009.

Has improved a lot as a full back since then. Would say Tyrell would be on Corbett (if he starts) and Murphy will probably track Bubbles. Someone will likely lose out from the Tipp team after Sunday for Michael Cahill.

He's a good three inches taller than Tommy Walsh was. Shane Walsh took for two goals in 2009.

Has improved a lot as a full back since then. Would say Tyrell would be on Corbett (if he starts) and Murphy will probably track Bubbles. Someone will likely lose out from the Tipp team after Sunday for Michael Cahill.

I don't think Mikie Cahill will start the All-Ireland. If he wasn't fit Sunday why would you risk bringing on an injured player when the game was over. Very tough on him but a great option for us off the bench.

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    I don't think Mikie Cahill will start the All-Ireland. If he wasn't fit Sunday why would you risk bringing on an injured player when the game was over. Very tough on him but a great option for us off the bench.

There's 3 weeks til the final? And he came on with 5 minutes left?

There's 3 weeks til the final? And he came on with 5 minutes left?

He had a knee injury so why risk bringing him on at all if he wasn't very near 100%.
    Who would be dropped for him?

He had a knee injury so why risk bringing him on at all if he wasn't very near 100%.

Either Corbett or Bergin, he won't drop McGrath. I doubt he'll drop Corbett either.

He's one of the best corner backs in the game, I'll be amazed if he doesn't start.

Either Corbett or Bergin, he won't drop McGrath. I doubt he'll drop Corbett either.

Cant see bergin being dropped. Played well in last few games, would be v harsh, also who would play wing back.
    Corbett won't be dropped and anyway would have to be too many changes for Cahill to come in for him.

Charlie69 wrote: »
    He's one of the best corner backs in the game, I'll be amazed if he doesn't start.

He certainly is, but who gets the chop.

He certainly is, but who gets the chop.

Stapleton I'd say,would be hard on him but you cant leave out M Cahill.

Cahill plays further out the field for his club, so could play wing back or maybe a man marking job midfield. Had to man mark someone out there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

If Corbett were to be dropped who would take his place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Blondie919 wrote: »
    If Corbett were to be dropped who would take his place?

Anyone else think of Michael Collins reading that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement