Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cultec hurleys bas

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Well folks I have been using those new carbon fibre Hurleys for the past year and find them great but I have one problem with it.. The bas on the Hurley loses it's initial roughness and becomes smooth.. This makes it difficult to use in wet weather and I was wondering if others had this problem.. Have ye ways off making the bas rough again.. Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I emailed them before with the same problem - they have no solution
    loads of kids in the club wearing them out from over use.

they suggested painting it, using paint with sand/grit added to the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

could you use rough sandpaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I emailed them before with the same problem - they have no solution
    loads of kids in the club wearing them out from over use.

they suggested painting it, using paint with sand/grit added to the mix.

Maybe a floor paint? They are designed to by grippy under foot when its wet.

floor paint eh?

you'd think that the bás coating would last a bit longer.

the grips are also falling off a lot of the hurleys and its hard to get replacement grip that isn't as thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

They have changed the surface on the bas to a texture that does not wear down as easily

• Advertisement

They have changed the surface on the bas to a texture that does not wear down as easily

they just stuck a few bits of paint onto it.
    I think they've be better off going with a textured plastic surface on the bás

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    they just stuck a few bits of paint onto it.
    I think they've be better off going with a textured plastic surface on the bás

Yes, perhaps a slightly grooved surface. Would that impact on the quality of the strike though?

Advertisement