Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find logs? ('full trunk' logs)

Options
  • 26-10-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I need to find just 2 large logs. They need to be the full diameter of the trunk (not sure what they are called), approx a foot and half in diameter and a foot deep. They need to be dry as possible.

Any suggestions on where I could get them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You could try the groundsmen in the Phoenix park, although getting dry trunks would be difficult. It would takes years to air dry a trunk even if it was kept in out of the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

If you are prepared to pay then look up any tree surgeons in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Dubtom's plan is a good one if your in Dublin,loads of trees coming down in the park at the mo.

I'm bringing down a couple or trees this week coming though they wouldn't be quite 18' diametrer and wouldn't be dry! In north Dub if your interested

Advertisement