Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revelations with Circle Pad Pro (pre-order!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Nintendo should give us all that silly looking circle pad if were gonna need it for the games we were promised.

I can't wait for MGS to come out but I'll have to buy this too. May as well get this. Any talk of the same bundle with MGS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

From all the reports i have read and heard the thing feels good in your hands, I'm not too bothered about it really, as I dont tend to play the bigger games on the go. Play the 3ds in my gaff mostly.

And as far as I know this thing will go for €20 on its own so there is a big saving in this, so no harm.

From all the reports i have read and heard the thing feels good in your hands, I'm not too bothered about it really, as I dont tend to play the bigger games on the go. Play the 3ds in my gaff mostly.

And as far as I know this thing will go for €20 on its own so there is a big saving in this, so no harm.

I hope so anyway. I'd be the same as you. Might get it for the pad. Don't really want the game. Might trade it in.

shizz wrote: »
    I hope so anyway. I'd be the same as you. Might get it for the pad. Don't really want the game. Might trade it in.

:eek: Really?! :p

Main reason for me getting the 3ds was for this new Res game, and others.

Well i'd give it a go but Im not a big res evil fan. Now Dino Crisis they should release that haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Nollog

Use fatcheese.ie for a euro back too.

I pre-ordered this back when it was posted on hukd, dunno why it expired there as it's stayed the same price since it was noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If anyone is getting RE:R get it from Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/10580591.html?awc=2549_1325799545_59faa91a8a853038402396a5695c56d2&affil=awin

Works out at €37.17 including post, as apposed to €45 in a bricks and mortar for just the game. I've ordered. :D
    ]

Cool, thanks. Do they deliver on release day? This is also one of the main reasons i got a 3ds.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. Do they deliver on release day? This is also one of the main reasons i got a 3ds.

My experience with zavvi is you'll get it the Monday or Tuesday after release, if it releases on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Just put in my order. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

So if I want to play Resident Evil Revelations i'll have order from Zavvi or buy both the game and circle pad separately.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    So if I want to play Resident Evil Revelations i'll have order from Zavvi or buy both the game and circle pad separately.

Nope. You do not need to use the circle pad for any game at the moment, including res evil, it will just add more movment to the camera. But some games in the future might use it for more, like in Mario Sunshine 2(fingers crossed ;)) It will be like the classic controller on the Wii, some games use it, some dont. I really dont see what the big deal is tbh.

Its just a chance to get the game cheaper than anywhere else and get the circle pad for free with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Nope. You do not need to use the circle pad for any game at the moment, including res evil, it will just add more movement to the camera. But some games in the future might use it for more, like in Mario Sunshine 2(fingers crossed ;)) It will be like the classic controller on the Wii, some games use it, some dont. I really dont see what the big deal is tbh.

Its just a chance to get the game cheaper than anywhere else and get the circle pad for free with it too.

Sorry for all the questions bu will the Circle Pad/Revelations bundle be availible in shops I don't have a credit card so I won't be able to buy off zavvi. I'm hoping its just a online exclusive for Zavvi.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions bu will the Circle Pad/Revelations bundle be availible in shops I don't have a credit card so I won't be able to buy off zavvi. I'm hoping its just a online exclusive for Zavvi.

No worries :)

No you wont be able to get this deal anywhere in europe as far as I know, deal struck with Nintendo/Capcom and Zavvi for this.

In shops here, Revelations will be between €40 and €50
    And the circle pad pro will cost (I think?) between €15 and €20, in the States the circle pad will cost $20, that was confirmed a few weeks back.

So on that note, I would recommend you find a friend with a credit card, give them the €37.17 and you'll save yourself a few quid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

3V card, or O2 money card or something like that. I use a 3V card works with Paypal so you'll have no problems getting the game.

The o2 card takes about 4 days in the post if you order one. Use the promo code PMOFFERFREE and it won't cost anything. :D (It's normally €5)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

You might be better off waiting for this before deciding on whether on not you want to preorder ...

The o2 card takes about 4 days in the post if you order one. Use the promo code PMOFFERFREE and it won't cost anything. :D (It's normally €5)

Damn, promo code is expired :(

Could have been handy to have one of them o2 cards.

if i ordered it with express shipping would i get it before or on launch day?

if i ordered it with express shipping would i get it before or on launch day?

Probably, but I'm not sure they offer express shipping.

A possible guideline:
    They sent my pre-orders of MK7 and 3DLand the Tuesday before release, so there's plenty of speeding up to do in the mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I ordered this, and as far as I can remember, I don't think there was an express shipping option...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shadee

just wondering if i order the product for £30, and it increase to £37 do i still just pay £30

shadee wrote: »
    just wondering if i order the product for £30, and it increase to £37 do i still just pay £30

I sure hope we still pay the £30, because it's £37.95 now. Hmm.

Section 11 of their Terms & Conditions say:
    We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.

We probably will have to pay the £37.95

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

You might be better off waiting for this before deciding on whether on not you want to preorder ...

Exactly what I'm doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

shadee wrote: »

I sure hope we still pay the £30, because it's £37.95 now. Hmm.

Section 11 of their Terms & Conditions say:
    We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.

We probably will have to pay the £37.95
    Don't they have a pre-order price guarantee?

Edit: they guarantee they'll give you the better price if it goes down. Doesn't say explicitly say what happens if it goesup...

Nintendo Gamer magazine has this rated at 90%. It would make it the joint 3rd best game on the system, losing out to MK7 and Zelda.

Joint ratings are with Super Mario 3D Land and Tales of the Abyss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shadee

Yh Man Just Pray it does not go down. Still buying it though (as long it does not go over £50 im fine with it)

Banjo wrote: »
    Don't they have a pre-order price guarantee?

Edit: they guarantee they'll give you the better price if it goes down. Doesn't say explicitly say what happens if it goesup...

Just checked my order there, still says €37.16 not €45 or whatever it is now. Dont think they can bump the price up as so many people here and in UK have put in orders at the time.

Still at €45 thats a good price compared to Irish shops prices without the circle pad.

Demo going up on the e-shop tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just got here, i did not realised it is coming out on 27th!

downloading demo now. its about time to dust of my 3ds! funny enough the only 3ds game i got is zelda! i was busy with ds games.

• Advertisement

okay played demo.

i really hated re4 and re5, but this looks great. i will buy it.

controls work fine with just one thumb stick too!

Finished the demo last night, pretty damn cool! A little like RE4 to me, (which is my fav game!) but damn that was a short demo, only like 5/10 mins long?

That is the first demo for any system I have ever downloaded (I know, I'm getting a internet connection thingy for my xbox, in the post right now), are demos normally that short?

Cant wait to get my pre-order from zavvi now! Roll on 30th Jan.

And...

RE6 with Leon and Chris and Ada (and Ashley?) was confirmed yesterday for the 20th of November this year for xbox and ps3, nice year for RE fans!

Anyone getting Operation Raccoon City?

Finished the demo last night, pretty damn cool! A little like RE4 to me, (which is my fav game!) but damn that was a short demo, only like 5/10 mins long?

That is the first demo for any system I have ever downloaded (I know, I'm getting a internet connection thingy for my xbox, in the post right now), are demos normally that short?

Cant wait to get my pre-order from zavvi now! Roll on 30th Jan.

And...

RE6 with Leon and Chris and Ada (and Ashley?) was confirmed yesterday for the 20th of November this year for xbox and ps3, nice year for RE fans!

Anyone getting Operation Raccoon City?

from 3 games Racoon City is the one that i dislike with passion. when i sow it for the first time i lost all faith in RE franchise i was sure that it was a last nail in its coffin.

thought RE6 looks not bad, as long as it is SP game and 3ds one is really great. it feels like it is going back to its roots, but with updated things that were good in re4/re5 ( camera etc ).

capcom is doing something very weird and very new for gaming industry. 3 games from same franchise, but with different spin offs to please every single gamer. multiplayer fans - racoon city, action fans - RE6, horror fans -Revelations.

from 3 games Racoon City is the one that i dislike with passion. when i sow it for the first time i lost all faith in RE franchise i was sure that it was a last nail in its coffin.

thought RE6 looks not bad, as long as it is SP game and 3ds one is really great. it feels like it is going back to its roots, but with updated things that were good in re4/re5 ( camera etc ).

capcom is doing something very weird and very new for gaming industry. 3 games from same franchise, but with different spin offs to please every single gamer. multiplayer fans - racoon city, action fans - RE6, horror fans -Revelations.

TBH, I dont think I will be getting ORC when its out, seems like a lot of co-op online rubbish, which people like, but I dont, reason RE5 just didnt work with co-op only(sheva is beside you all the god damn time 'helping'), but at the same time a great great action game but much rather RE4 more so.

RE6 seems to have something for everyone next, single player and co-op if you want, 3 different storys in one game that cross over like in RE4 with Ada's story. I kinda have high hopes for RE6, am I wrong to think this :(

TBH, I dont think I will be getting ORC when its out, seems like a lot of co-op online rubbish, which people like, but I dont, reason RE5 just didnt work with co-op only(sheva is beside you all the god damn time 'helping'), but at the same time a great great action game but much rather RE4 more so.

RE6 seems to have something for everyone next, single player and co-op if you want, 3 different storys in one game that cross over like in RE4 with Ada's story. I kinda have high hopes for RE6, am I wrong to think this :(

single player or coop you say? re5 is impossible as SP game as sheeve is a ****ing retard! she is the reason i gave up on a game! i loved my RE games as awesome, poop your pants, horror survival SINGLEPLAYER games!

what was the first rule in proper horror survival game?

ISOLATION!

ah well, enough of RE5 rant :D

single player or coop you say? re5 is impossible as SP game as sheeve is a ****ing retard! she is the reason i gave up on a game! i loved my RE games as awesome, poop your pants, horror survival SINGLEPLAYER games!

what was the first rule in proper horror survival game?

ISOLATION!

ah well, enough of RE5 rant :D

Yeah its all very early days as trailer was just released yesterday with list of who is in it and you can make out whats going on from the trailer on IGN I guess.

Looks good to me! Hope its a case of SinglePlayer as in on your own with no partner and co-op you are with someone. I think Crapcom got the message with RE5. And its at night it seems, lol.

• Advertisement

^ Pretty much what I think too! My face was literally this when I saw the zombie president:
    Awesome.png

So, got a 'Item Dispatched' email from Zavvi this morning! What are the chances of it making its way over here for Friday?

So, got a 'Item Dispatched' email from Zavvi this morning! What are the chances of it making its way over here for Friday?

Mine is dispatched as well, and was only charged £30 or so.

Never dealt with Zavvi, but people have said new games are usually delivered the next working day after release, so I'm guessing it'll be Monday. The email says "5-7" working days though, so could be the middle of next week!

Yeah thank christ they charged the lower price that was advertised on the 5th of Jan, instead of the new bumped up price from last week!

Yeah would be great to get it on Friday but I can wait until Monday for the sake of saving nearly €30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got my email too, relieved that they charged the original price (€35.95, plus €1.22 postage). Thanks again OP! :)

• Advertisement

no mail here, although I dithered over it for a while so I'm probably paying the price now...

Mine is dispatched too, I'll be happy if I get it before mid next week, can't beat paying £29.95 for it!

Motley Crue has already got his: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76715741#post76715741 Jealous!

25/01/12 ZAVVI.COM 35.45
    26/01/12 ZAVVI.COM 1.21

Dunno why they did that, they charged for the game, then made another charge for the postage.
    They usually take it in one go.

Yeah I noticed this this morning too. Weird, but its the total so, cant complain.

Wondering if anyone who ordered it has received it yet? Prob not.

i went to gamestop... came back with no game :(

45eu for game +19.99eu for that addon.... my ****.... :rolleyes:

i might try ordering online from somewhere...

Same with a few of my friend, when I heard about the zavvi deal, I told them all about it, none of them ordered it and now, now its like €65 for the game & CPP and most of them wont get it.

Some people..:rolleyes:

Still, wish I had it in my hands right now, but €37, cant go wrong! *smug face*
    i went to gamestop... came back with no game

45eu for game +19.99eu for that addon.... my ****....

Zavvi still have it for like €47 with the CPP I think, still saving a few quids.

EDIT: heres the link http://www.zavvi.com/10580591.html about €50 including post.

So, fellow Zavvites, what are *you* going to spend your (saved) €13 euro on? :smug

i went to gamestop... came back with no game :(

45eu for game +19.99eu for that addon.... my ****.... :rolleyes:

No CCP with it, but if you look on gamestop.ie it's €34.97. (+ €2 postage)
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?product=%2039633

As mentioned above, if you want the CCP, then Zavvi still looks like the best bet.

Banjo wrote: »
    So, fellow Zavvites, what are *you* going to spend your (saved) €13 euro on? :smug

Totally getting locked tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Have mine and can't wait to get out of work to play it now...
    For anyone with it and the CPP....what's it like and is the CPP worth it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement