Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exhaust vent for boiler - fitted corretly?

Options
  • 06-02-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone in the know take a look at the attached images for the exhaust vent for our boiler and give their opinion if its fitted right? It surprises me that the vent is pointing upward rather than down.

(Another thing we notice, there appears to be a lot of steam from the vent as opposed to our neighbours who have the same boiler but different vent). Its a new boiler fitted about 8 months ago - but I'd be interested in seeing what people think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Chimney is fitted correctly.
    Condensing boilers give off a lot of water vapour from chimney, extending it up higher is an option if its a nusence.

Are you certin that your neighbours also have a Condensing boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Thanks scudo2, appreciate the response. I had thought they had the same boiler but now you've sown the seed of doubt in my head! I'll need to check it out!

Advertisement