Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of old CRT

Options
  • 06-03-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Morning all

Hope I'm not breaching forum rules...but I did originally come in here to investigate replacement LCD TVs. Seems like I've found what I'm looking for
    Samsung 48" Smart LED TV | UE48H6400AKXXU. Best within my price range by all accounts. HN sold out..but PowerCity have them at same price.

Anyway...my question relates to the TV it's replacing. Its a JVC 30" InteriArt...older CRT style so a bit of an animal size-wise...and not Saorview obviously. It is working perfectly however...and in everyday use. It is our family TV at the moment. Do people just hand them back for recycling ?. I'd much prefer to donate to a charity...as it's working fine. Would be ideal in a shared living room or something. Any thoughts anyone ?. I have tried to search for Charities and Donations etc...but can't find anything obvious. I'm sure I'm not the first person buying a new flatscreen to have this issue !.

Many thanks,
    K

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Put it up on Jumbletown or the freebie section of adverts.ie or whatever. Somebody somewhere might be glad of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Selfish Giant

Yeah, put it on Adverts.ie as a freebie. People that are into old games consoles prefer CRT TVs because the graphics are better. Someone will take it off your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It'll be a struggle, charity shops won't even take them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If nobody takes it from the freebies section then another option is drop it off at some recycling yard if you live near one

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, if you live on the southside you should drop it off at Ballyogan recycling centre. A few years ago you might have gotten a nursing home or youth club to take it but they're just too big and consume too much juice so nobody wants them any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If he's gonna dump it, then Power City would have to take it off him if he buys his new telly there.

Those JVC 32" (it is 32 and not 30, as CRT measurements included measuring the part of tube that wasn't viewable) InteriArt TV's were great in their time, though not many want big CRT's anymore even though you never know.

Advertisement