Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help connecting tv to sound system...

Options
  • 03-03-2015 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Hi just bought a new tv....
    I have all the connections correct I think but seem to be picking up interference now through the hifi speakers??
    I've never had this before??
    Is there a quick fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Connections used if it helps anyone solve my issue...
    LG smart tv...

Sky hdmi lead direct tv...
    Option 1 phono leads to sky box from hifi system....noise from hifi speakers???
    Option 2 tv headphone out connection from tv to hifi through phono leads....noise from hifi speakers???

Never had this interference with my old tv and that was a scart connection and phono leads to tv......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does your hi-fi have an optical input port? If it does, the ideal way to feed it sound would be from an optical port on the TV. That means that whatever you are feeding to the TV (Sky, Blu-Ray, PS3 etc.), you can pick up the sound on the Hi-Fi.

If the hi-fi can only take sound via phono then your only option is to buy shielded phono cables to eliminate the interference.

coylemj wrote: »
    Does your hi-fi have an optical input port? If it does, the ideal way to feed it sound would be from an optical port on the TV. That means that whatever you are feeding to the TV (Sky, Blu-Ray, PS3 etc.), you can pick up the sound on the Hi-Fi.

If the hi-fi can only take sound via phono then your only option is to buy shielded phono cables to eliminate the interference.

I'll have a look I don't think the Hifi has a port to connect an optical cable....

The phono leads I have are decent enough monster ones....

I'll check both options thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The phono leads I have are decent enough monster ones....

You probably could have upgraded the hi-fi for the same money ;)

coylemj wrote: »
    You probably could have upgraded the hi-fi for the same money ;)

True :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Option 1 phono leads to sky box from hifi system....noise from hifi speakers???
    Option 2 tv headphone out connection from tv to hifi through phono leads....noise from hifi speakers???

What kind of noise is it?

Thurston? wrote: »
    What kind of noise is it?

Low pitch noise coming from the hi fi speakers like a gale coming down your chimney sound......
    Its not an echo or a sound synch issue....

Advertisement