Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer work susi

Options
  • 04-12-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Holiday Earnings
    2. Holiday Earnings:
    [201] 39
    A deduction of up to a maximum amount of €3,809 may be applied to student earnings outside of term time but within the reference period.

Anybody know what there reference period is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,857 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ask them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

FWIW I would assume that reference period refers to the year immediately preceding entry to Higher Education i.e. if you're starting in September 2015, then your family income 2014 + any of your summer 2014 earnings above €3809 would be taken as the reckonable income.

Definitely ask them though. We're just random people from the internet, try to get something in writing if possible and conserve a copy to cover yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

queenie154 wrote: »
    Holiday Earnings
    2. Holiday Earnings:
    [201] 39
    A deduction of up to a maximum amount of €3,809 may be applied to student earnings outside of term time but within the reference period.

Anybody know what there reference period is?

AFAIK
    The reference period is the calendar year before the current academic year.
    Example:
    If you are entering college Sept 2014, the reference period is Jan to Dec 2013.

Why it's called a reference period.
    If a person was applying for a grant in 2014 for the academic year 14/15, with a change to their circumstances after the reference period (After 31st Dec 2013), then holiday earnings would not be deducted from the total reckonable income and letters from your employer would be required as proof of earnings.

Advertisement