Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi special rate eligibility!

Options
  • 19-11-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've received a letter from Susi saying I'll be receiving the 100% grant which I am very grateful for. But I know that I am more than eligible for the special rate because my brother is receiving it.

I've already appealed once because Susi refused my application because they thought I was receiving Back to Education, I was never receiving any Back to Education payment.
    Should I appeal again? Otherwise I might have to drop out of collage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Before you appeal I would advise checking your eligibility. If you work, only holiday pay is deducted. Also it depends on your age.

If it is case that you feel you are eligible and wish to appeal this must be done no more then 30 days after the finalizing of your grant.

You will also recieve no grant whatsoever during the time if your appeal so be prepared for that if you choose to appeal.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Should I appeal again? Otherwise I might have to drop out of collage.

Request a review of your application and quote your brothers application.
    Lau2976 wrote: »
    Before you appeal I would advise checking your eligibility.

Also, do you have income and your brother none or less?

Advertisement