Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping Spiders from CCTV

Options
  • 22-10-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any hints tips to keep spiders and associated webs from CCTV cameras, its affecting the IR at night and making them poor to view, I've tried bug spray around them and into the eves etc but nothing seems to be working any tips or products I could try

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I use Spidex and find it very effective especially when under the soffit. I have heard of lads who smudge a little vasaline around the camera and its base but I have never done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

yeah tried the vaseline, just recoated them last night, supposedly they dont like to touch them, I'll search for spidex, where'd you get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Northwood Technology and Borsatec sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

It's on amazon too. I'll give it a go, sane thing has been driving me insane. Thanks!

Advertisement