Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest A Mascara!

Options
  • 18-10-2014 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

So the clue's in the title - I'm looking to change up my mascara. I've used Elizabeth Arden's Maximum Volume Mascara and Rimmel's double-ended Scandal'eyes. The latter was clumpy and I had a mild allergic reaction to it. The former was really nice, but I'd like something with a little more oompfh for night time! So, the criteria are:
    • Price isn't an issue, within reason. Bonus points if the suggestion is a Debenhams-stocked brand - including Chanel and Dior - as I'll get staff discount!
    • Black (true black, not grey black) or dark purple in colour.
    • Clump-free. I'm looking for a mascara that doesn't take ten wears to calm down and stop giving me monolash. I'm happy to trade a little volume for a formula that doesn't stick my eyelashes together.
    • Good bit of volume, and a good bit of length.
    • My eyes can water, so a smudgeproof formula would be an added bonus. Waterproof isn't necessary.
    • I can't be dealing with the rubber brushes a la They're Real and YSL Babydoll. My eyes are just too sensitive for them. So only suggestions with traditional fibre wands, please!

Many thanks in advance for your combined wisdom!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume is great and their Push Up mascara is meant to be brill too. Heard good things about the new Lancôme mascara as well😄

For luxury, I can't beat Le Volume De Chanel it's just fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I love, love, LOVE Lancome Hypnose and Diorshow. And if you layer them together for nights out its like you're wearing falsies too! I wear contacts and can have pretty sensitive eyes but neither of these have ever caused me problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,382 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

L'Oreal False Lash Flutter. I absolutely LOVE it. The brush can take a bit of getting used to, but that's it. I will cry and cry and cry if they ever discontinue this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

YSL Faux Cils is my favourite night time mascara. I find it's not very wearable during the daytime because it's a bit much, it makes me look like I have falsies on so it's great for going out or special occasions. I can't justify rebuying it tho because I don't go out often enough to get through a tube of it in 6 months, especially because it's kinda pricey. I recently had to throw out a tube that was less than half empty because I was already really pushing my luck keeping it nearly a year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Iv started using Rimmel lash accelerator endless (extreme black)....find it brill only €10. lt enlongates and really makes my lashes black...10 out of 10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 KVA60

My favs are Diorshow and Estée Lauder sumptuous extreme. I'm a mascara junkie and I couldn't live without them, but tend to alternate. They both have larger wands so it coats every lash. They're in the 25-30€ range but sometimes Estée lauder offers free gifts ðŸ˜႒Some people ask if mine are fake and I only have medium thick lashes! What I will say though is that if you have very thin lashes, I'd go with something different, as the wands on these are pretty big and you could end up getting it on your eyelid all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Diorshow Extase, Diorshow Iconic and Diorshow Black Out. All amazing. I find that after I apply a coat of extase, if I gently brush through my lashes with a lash comb and add another layer of the mascara I get big, black, thick, false looking lashes. It's a PITA to get off though so you'll need an oil-based make up remover.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123172313299_-1

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123172963799_-1

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123172202999_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ima_believer

Benefit They're Real...pricey but I think it's quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Benefit They're Real...pricey but I think it's quite good!

I think this stuff is incredible, best mascara I have ever used!!

Yeah I don't have the longest lashes and I find it really does work wonders.

• Advertisement

But no matter what mascara I use I can never get both eyes to look the same...such a dose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

I think this stuff is incredible, best mascara I have ever used!!

See, I think They're Real is totally rubbish, for me it had the same effect as a cheap brand mascara. Def not worth the price. I guess it really depends on who's using the product!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Clockwork Owl

Thanks so much for all of these suggestions! I've heard great things about the Lancôme and Dior mascaras, and I'll do a bit more research on the Lauder and L'Oréal offerings too! I actually read an article this morning that reviewed L'Oréal False Lash Telescopic, so I'll nose about that one too.

They're Real is a no-no for me unfortunately, due to the rubber brush. My poor, sensitive eyes throw an absolute fit at them, so it's bristles only!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Maybelline Illegal Lengths. One of the best mascaras I've ever used. Endless length, blackness and volume. And only €11.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I'm seconding Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless, the brush is thin so it doesn't clump together and it's easy to reach into eye corners.
    Also going to recommend Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin Curves....

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I really like MaxFactor- I always have especially the purple one, I think its Volume Max or their luminous green one with the spikey brush- just seems to grab all the hairs and is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

But no matter what mascara I use I can never get both eyes to look the same...such a dose :P

Your lashes aren't the exact same! I don't think even MUAs can get their eyes completely matching.

Advertisement