Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC - Panel Batt Flt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Kev87

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes. Remove the battery.

Thanks for the quick response. I suppose I should have given a run down of events. I stupidly opened the panel box (don't ask why) which set of of the alarm (haven't set the thing once since moving into the apartment) closed the box and got the code which turned it off. Only after that it started showing the error. Now to be fair, it could have been showing this error for ages I just haven't noticed. I don't want to open to box again (to replace battery) in case I set alarm off again or something else goes wrong.

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are not comfortable doing anything like that you are probably better off getting someone in to look at it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭altor

Kev87 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response. I suppose I should have given a run down of events. I stupidly opened the panel box (don't ask why) which set of of the alarm (haven't set the thing once since moving into the apartment) closed the box and got the code which turned it off. Only after that it started showing the error. Now to be fair, it could have been showing this error for ages I just haven't noticed. I don't want to open to box again (to replace battery) in case I set alarm off again or something else goes wrong.

Cheers

Once you have the user code you can just turn the system off from the keypad when you open the control panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Quick question for the knowledgeable folk in this forum. My HKC alarm is displaying the "Battery flt" message.

From reading through this topic it mentions sourcing a replacement 12volt 7.0 amp battery.

When I opened the alarm control panel I found a 12v 3.2 amp battery. Should I replace like for like?

Thanks.

WestWing wrote: »
    Quick question for the knowledgeable folk in this forum. My HKC alarm is displaying the "Battery flt" message.

From reading through this topic it mentions sourcing a replacement 12volt 7.0 amp battery.

When I opened the alarm control panel I found a 12v 3.2 amp battery. Should I replace like for like?

Thanks.

The difference is the 12V 7amp will keep the system going longer in the event of a mains power fail.
    If possible I would use that one as a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rtobrien

Hi. I had a similar issue with the HKC 8/12 with a low battery fault. I replaced the battery which cleared the battery fault but I now have a panel lid tamper fault coming up and cannot arm the alarm with that fault open. I have checked the panel lid and it is seated properly. Could it be an issue with the tamper spring on the board? Does it need to pressed against the panel lid on closing to deactivate the tamper fault? Any guidance much appreciated.

Yes, the spring is the lid tamper.

It may be gone side ways with the lid closed.

Open and close and you should hear the spring close when doing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rtobrien

Many thanks for the tip. The spring wasn’t twisted but it didn’t seem to be pressed enough against the lid when it was closed to deactivate the tamper switch. I added a cushioned pad (the type that you use on chair legs) to the end of the spring so that more pressure was applied to it when the lid was closed and that did the trick! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement