Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 wiring to external bell box questions

Options
  • 23-10-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

I am a little confused on current wiring from CS350 panel to the external alarm box :confused: There is currently a single six core cable running from the controller as follows:

CONTROLLER
    BELL BOX
    Term#4(ext bell+)---->white---->ext bell+
    Term#5(ext bell-)
    >grn
    >ext bell-
    Term#6(int bell+)
    >red
    >strobe+
    Term#7(int bell-)
    >blu
    >strobe-
    Term#16(bho)
    >yel
    >SAB HOLD-
    Term#17(tamper?)
    >blk
    >TAMPER
    there is also a 4.7k resistor between sab hold and tamper in the bell box

I'm pretty sure that internal bell wiring is wrong plus I noticed that the strobe light does not come on with an activation (even when I disconnect the wires from strobe +/-)

So I would like to wire this ext bell up correctly. I could not identify the circuit board in the bell housing, I have attached a photo which somebody may help identify.

So can anybody advise? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Everything seems in order with the wires.
    The strobe is normally wired in with the internal bell so if it doesn't work then the bulb may be blown.
    The bell is an older hkc sabb which is written on the board on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks for that. Couple of questions then :) I thought the int bell would be wired to a 'small' sounder located within a building, or can that be parallel wired? Also, would it be possible to get a replacement strobe bulb as the unit is a few years old now? Thanks.

degsie wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Couple of questions then :) I thought the int bell would be wired to a 'small' sounder located within a building, or can that be parallel wired? Also, would it be possible to get a replacement strobe bulb as the unit is a few years old now? Thanks.
    Yes you would put both the strobe and the internal bell in together.
    Don't know where you would get a replacement bulb but I suppose it may be possible to get some sort of stand alone strobe bulb and wire it in. If you are doing it yourself you may as well get a new SABB which would be less than 50 euro and looks a lot better.

I also noticed that the red led on the bell box cct board was also dead so the alarm box looks like a dummy :( . May be time to replace as you say. As an aside, which wire pair supplies 12v to the ext bell cct board, the terminology is confusing to me, is the strobe/ext bell/bho+tamper pair? Thanks again.

If it's not working at all then it's probably knackered or else the wire is cut or damaged somewhere.
    the ext + and the bho - are keeping the bell alive with the red light on and the ext - is the trigger to activate the siren. There is also a tamper circuit using the bho and the tamper return. The strobe circuit has nothing to do with the others and is powered off the internal bell.
    The new hkc sabb is wired in the exact same way so if you put one up it should be no problem keeping the wiring the same. If it still doesn't work then it's a cable problem or a prob with the alarm control panel.

• Advertisement

The bell is working in the sense that it sounds when an activation happens. When I get a chance I might get a voltage meter and check at the bell box. Based on what you say I should always see 12V between 'SAB HOLD -' and 'ext bell +' and dependent on the alarm condition I should see either 0V, or something else, between 'SAB HOLD -' and 'ext bell -'?

Sorry for all the questions, just need to get my head around this stuff and look for pointers for troubleshooting :)

Edit:
    Just saw this from another post in a different thread from KoolKid, which I think applies in my case
    SABB Strobe + 12V from panel always
    SABB Strobe - Switches to negetive in alarm state
    SABB Hold(BHO) Permanant neg - (if dropped activates SABB via battery)
    SABB Ext Bell + 12V from panel always
    SABB Ext Bell - Switches to negetive in alarm state
    Tamper 12 - Probably Tamp return returns neg to panel with spectifed resistence required by the panel

I assume 'negative' means 0V, or does -12V apply here?

Advertisement