Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitarist and Bassist looking to join/ form a band

Options
  • 19-10-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

Lead guitarist(23) and Bass player(22) looking to make a new band. We'd consider playing most genres as long as the music is fun to play and sounds good. We're interested in hearing from any musicians(Any instruments). Looking for people around our own age though -early 20's. We've been playing together in a prog/blues rock band the last 6 years and are looking to do something new. We're both technically proficient at our instruments and can both sing to a decent level too. I can't post a proper link unfortunately because of the new users rule, but if you take the spaces out of the following link it should work https :// soundcloud.com / gmguitar1 / walking-by-myself . That's just as an idea of my own playing standard anyways. Anyways, if anyone is interested, leave a message. This is an open Canvas kind of project :) Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Crazybassplayer

Hi guys, Where in Ireland are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RockNRoll125

Hi, we're based in Dublin.

Bump!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eoinmh

Ye lads still looking for musicians?

yeah, we're still looking. What sort of music are you looking to do?

• Advertisement

Pretty much anything the last few bands I listened to were The La's, Rory Gallagher, Beck, The Stone Roses, anything really that has a bit of character. What are ye fella's into?

Sorry man, i misread your question. I would be on for doing anything really, i just want to get involved in some original music, would'nt be mad on for doing a pile of covers but open to anything.

Yeah, hoping to do originals ourselves. Just a few questions - What instrument do you play? Where are you from? What age are you and have you any demos?

Play a bit of guitar and drums, i wouldn't say im technically competent or anything but i can keep time and i can bring something new. From Carlow/Kilkenny area but living in Dublin at the moment. I am 23 and i dont have demos but i can record a few pieces over the weekend.

Hi Eoin,

If you could send us a demo of your drumming that'd be great. We're not looking for another guitarist at the moment, unless they have competent lead vocals as well.

Cheers

• Advertisement

I recorded a 5 min piece there on drums its not good quality but you can make it out(barely). Have you an email i can forward the piece onto?

Cheers

Advertisement