Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good lunch venue around Cavan town ?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Am meeting up with some business contacts in Cavan in the coming days and , not being familiar with the area, any ideas for a nice restaurant/hotel for lunch ?
    Somewhere around or near the town would be good
    All advice welcome, where to go and /or where not to go ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Can't beat the Blackhorse in the centre of town (opposite Dunnes Stores) for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

for a business lunch you also have the hotel Kilmore or The Cavan Crystal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I find the Kilmore much friendlier than Cavan Crystal..

Always a bustle in the Kilmore, the crowd from Quinn, sorry, Liberty Insurance keep it busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Checked with both venues Kilmore & Cavan Crystal - I was looking for a restaurant type lunch where we could do some business over lunch - Cavan Crystal don't open their restaurant at lunchtimes during the week, only bar/lounge area available for lunch. The Hotel Kilmore hav a carvery lunch in their restaurant but don't take reservations for tables etc - first come first served ! Might try the Radisson ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The Raddsion cellar bar has a few quiet spots down the end or even the wine feller bit, glass doors in. It's a bar but does food. Long walk from the car park though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

The Raddsion cellar bar has a few quiet spots down the end or even the wine feller bit, glass doors in. It's a bar but does food. Long walk from the car park though.

Its a restaurant type place he wants though.

Does Little Sicily open for lunch?

Black Horse is ordinary enough, to be honest. Had lunch yesterday there, and its about the same as the Farnham or the Imperial. Also they always have the lighting down low, which I think is ridicules in the middle of the day. Décor is better than the other two, but food no better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

We had our lunch meeting today in Cavan - ended up in the Kilmore. I would agree with earlier poster - staff there very friendly and helpful. The food was good too, not a huge choice but quite tasty !! The staff arranged a few tables together for us in a corner so worked out well !
    The place was quite busy but there was no rush for us to vacate the area.
    All in all, I would recommend and return again if in the area.
    Thanks again for all the advice folks !

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

What about somewhere handy for breakfast? Driving from Dublin to Fermanagh would Cavan be the handiest place to stop? Never done that drive before

Thanks
    x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hard Boiled Egg, just outta town and handy for parking. Its on the LHS a you past the GAA Grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Thanks!

Advertisement