Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the new Cavan Town Eastern Access Road been abondoned??

Options
  • 28-04-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anybody have any information regarding the new access road that cavan co co are building. The work a-joins my back garden and there hasnt been any activity on the site for months now. Im getting worried as the site is not secure and has been left in a very dangerous way. Not to mention the fact that my once beautiful view of the cavan county site has now turn into a abondoned building site. Makes my blood boil we were not even able to object to the planning for this road..

Anyways

Regards
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

lynchiered wrote: »
    Does anybody have any information regarding the new access road that cavan co co are building. The work a-joins my back garden and there hasnt been any activity on the site for months now. Im getting worried as the site is not secure and has been left in a very dangerous way. Not to mention the fact that my once beautiful view of the cavan county site has now turn into a abondoned building site. Makes my blood boil we were not even able to object to the planning for this road..

Anyways

Regards
    Paul

Ring the council and ask for health and safety department and make a complaint that is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

They have had to redesign part of the project, there was an article on it in the Celt two weeks ago. Cost has also doubled to €6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

if thats the new road coming off the dublin road past st.clare's and into the town , (also know as the new tesco access road) apparently they didn't realise the ground would be so water logged , not that the fact the whole part near st.clares was originally a swamp/lake was noticed but then again it is the strange part of the world know as the "cavan zone" were common sense is far from common

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

I heard the roundabout collapsed in like the car park out in the Lakeland retail park (where Heaton's is)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I also heard that, going to but the celt see if they is anything in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

Tesco is paying for that road I heard, so it's their problem. There's no word on the new shop til July apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mise123

Road is finished now - I thinks its a great job and far easier access into town. Looks good too. Paid for by Council and EU I believe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

seanpjs93 wrote: »
    Tesco is paying for that road I heard, so it's their problem. There's no word on the new shop til July apparently

Where exactly did you hear that?

Tesco contributed about 1 million.
    The cost of the road is closer to ten million so not much of a contribution by tesco, as per usual.

Advertisement