Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet of the month?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if people would be interested in a "pet of the month" thread. (depending on mod approval). I've seen it done on another site, but this one is much busier and it could be a bit of fun.

I'd suggest one week for posters to post 1 picture per pet, then 3 weeks of people voting by thanks (or maybe poll to avoid people thanking everything?). No prizes or anything, just a chance to show off our pets.

The moderators may not like the idea due to the "post your pet pic" thread above so if people are interested, could a mod comment here too please.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Ohhhh, yes please!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I like the sound of that, it works great on some other sites. Some give themes aswell...i.e pets and kids, pets showing off etc but that could be tricky here as there are such a range of different pets/animals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I think it's a great idea, the only thing is, if I entered my dog or cat and they didn't win POTM, I would be so crushed, I entered my dog into a silly summer fare 'best mutt' competition and I took it really personally when he didn't win, I couldn't understand how noone could see how absolutely gorgeous he was apart from me. So maybe I'll just vote, but not enter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bunny&spoon

yes please! great idea! although i would be the same as Tranceypoo and be heartbroken if bailey didnt win!:D

Advertisement