Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet wifi fixing

Options
  • 16-11-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi folks, I had a tablet repaired while abroad to fix the usb port and charger port. They work great now. However, they somehow seemed to have messed up the wifi while doing it :D It gets barely any signal now and it's slow as it's spending time/energy searching for wifi. Have to stand beside a router basically for it to work.

Which places would you recommend in Galway who could do a repair on this? I realise working with wifi antennae is tricky and not everyone would do this kind of fix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

How much have you spent on it already? How much more are you willing to spend? It could just be cheaper to cut your losses and get a new tablet.

I got a laptop repaired at a computer repair shop on Dock Street - the name escapes me right now. Seemed to know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

How much have you spent on it already? How much more are you willing to spend? It could just be cheaper to cut your losses and get a new tablet.

I got a laptop repaired at a computer repair shop on Dock Street - the name escapes me right now. Seemed to know their stuff.

Techstar, theyre very good and reliable and trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeah, Techstar as said above. Never used them myself but they have a good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Not very much, the ports repair was cheap, and I'd throw another tenner or twenty quid if it worked like it used to. A lot cheaper than a new tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Not very much, the ports repair was cheap, and I'd throw another tenner or twenty quid if it worked like it used to. A lot cheaper than a new tablet.

Don't think you're going to get much of a professional repair done for 10 or 20 euro... but please go prove me wrong! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Don't think you're going to get much of a professional repair done for 10 or 20 euro... but please go prove me wrong! :pac:

You might get a shock yet :D

I'd be disappointed if there isn't someone in Galway who can do a re-solder for me for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Laptec beside the hole in the wall are good too.Stay away from the place over carbon at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My neighbours pc caught a virus & needed a new hard drive. The new place in Barna wanted €90 excluding the cost of the drive. I got her a second hand, better spec machine for €70 on adverts :pac:

Advertisement