Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles- Fitness Facilities dire

Options
  • 28-09-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I've just relocated into this area and have been looking into the fitness offerings locally- or lack of! Am I missing something or is it actually this pathetic, boring and overpriced?

Thurles Leisure Centre- 13quid for pay per use gym, (well gym & swim, no gym only option on website) , no spinning class- THIRTEEN EURO?

Anner Hotel- membership only and little or nothing there

Horse & Jockey Hotel- membership only and a drive!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

I've just relocated into this area and have been looking into the fitness offerings locally- or lack of! Am I missing something or is it actually this pathetic, boring and overpriced?

Thurles Leisure Centre- 13quid for pay per use gym, (well gym & swim, no gym only option on website) , no spinning class- THIRTEEN EURO?

B2a www.b2a.ie I think it's behind ahernes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Did you not figure in your interests and hobbies BEFORE you relocated??

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

Did you not figure in your interests and hobbies BEFORE you relocated??

No...funny enough I based the decision on a little thing like a major career offer....not the local crappy leisure centres....as 99% of people would do! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

No...funny enough I based the decision on a little thing like a major career offer....not the local crappy leisure centres....as 99% of people would do! :cool:

So don't whinge and whine then when you don't like what's on offer. Time to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Off the top of my head you would have The Anner, The Source, The Horse & Jockey as the main Leisure Centre's. There's a few other gym's around though but not sure how suitable they are.

Holycross GAA have a very good gym & would be a fraction of the prices for the leisure centre's. It's about 5 minutes drive from Thurles.

There's a small place behind Aherne's service station near Lidl but I havn't a clue what that's like. There's another gym up near the Water Tower but I think it's more of a powerlifter's kinda place. Never been inside that one either.

Unfortunately that's about all the fitness centers in Thurles or the surrounding areas. Value wise there is very little choice especially if you're used to Ben Dunne's gyms or something similar in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Bob123321

Anything better around since this thread was posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Bob123321 wrote: »
    Anything better around since this thread was posted?
    dcrosskid wrote: »
    Off the top of my head you would have
    1The Anner,

2The Source,

3The Horse & Jockey as the main Leisure Centre's.

4There's a few other gym's around though but not sure how suitable they are.

5Holycross GAA have a very good gym & would be a fraction of the prices for the leisure centre's. It's about 5 minutes drive from Thurles.

6There's a small place behind Aherne's service station near Lidl but I havn't a clue what that's like.

7There's another gym up near the Water Tower but I think it's more of a powerlifter's kinda place. Never been inside that one either.

Unfortunately that's about all the fitness centers in Thurles or the surrounding areas. Value wise there is very little choice especially if you're used to Ben Dunne's gyms or something similar in Dublin.

edit - thought it was op asking

Its a relatively small town - not a bad offering I would have thought!

frankz wrote: »
    Presumably you have tried out these seven options since you previously posted.

Its a relatively small town - not a bad offering I would have thought!

Your very helpful. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Contact Micheal Lowry,he'll fix it for you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Bob123321 wrote: »
    Your very helpful. Thanks so much.

You are welcome. No bother.

your reply crossed with my edit.

Realised you werent the op.

So none of the seven suit your needs?

If so be specific in what you looking for and maybe someone will advise.

Edit.
    Following list above there is also

8 The boxing club seems very popular at the moment. Can be contact or non contact fitness.

non specific 9 - depending what you are after there are some personal trainers who are getting great results. (depends on your needs, so wont list individuals)

• Advertisement

Anyway lads,has anyone ever been in B2A if so how did you get on?

Advertisement