Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

p6126.gif

to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Well I got back in via the lounges window. Whoever left it open, thanks. :D

The place seems to have been quiet over the festivities. You all hungover or something? I suspect you were all off to watch Alice and her Christmas dance of the seven ermine? Bad news though, they were not real ermine, she used ferrets in her pantaloons. :D

Hope you all had a great time folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Afternoon Master Rube, am back at work today willing the clock to move faster! Tis a tad windy out there, probably good that Alice has ferrets in her pantaloons, they should provide ballast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's some imagination you have there Rube! It conjours up a wonderful er interesting picture.

• Advertisement

Ramette wrote: »
    Afternoon Master Rube, am back at work today willing the clock to move faster! Tis a tad windy out there, probably good that Alice has ferrets in her pantaloons, they should provide ballast!

Only if they are well fed ferrets :D Good to see you Rammy, I trust you had a good time :)
    looksee wrote: »
    That's some imagination you have there Rube! It conjours up a wonderful er interesting picture.
    Hmmm I have the pictures to prove it ... well ok they are badly drawn in crayon, but they are pictures :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

spent my christmas with my 7 month granddaughter,two staffies and a english bulldog,my wife keeps saying to her;where is your grumpy granddad,and she looks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

The goings on (or lack of them) in my pantaloons are nobody's business but mine.... and for your information, they were ermine and there were nine of them. Hence the dance of the nine ermine.

I don't like ferrets - they look like elongated rats.

Alice1 wrote: »
    The goings on (or lack of them) in my pantaloons are nobody's business but mine.... and for your information, they were ermine and there were nine of them. Hence the dance of the nine ermine.

I don't like ferrets - they look like elongated rats.

Nine!!! Is that a record of somekind?

Great to see you Alice I trust all is well? :)

They must be well trained, you could get some savage bites from ermine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Hi Rube me oul flower. All is well with me and mine. Christmas was lovely and Santa came to the child of my autumn years.
    Eldest child told me she has a boyfriend :eek: so I am looking at nunneries for her at the moment.
    I am back at work on New Year's Eve - probably won't be a full day though.

How is you?

looksee wrote: »
    They must be well trained, you could get some savage bites from ermine!

Alice is quite clever, she uses gummy ermine, Mind you she still jumped after a nasty sucking incident. :D
    Alice1 wrote: »
    Hi Rube me oul flower. All is well with me and mine. Christmas was lovely and Santa came to the child of my autumn years.
    Eldest child told me she has a boyfriend :eek: so I am looking at nunneries for her at the moment.
    I am back at work on New Year's Eve - probably won't be a full day though.

How is you?

Aww glad you had a good time Alice. I went to stay with my dad over Christmas. May have still been there only I ran out of tablets :D You want to be careful of those nunnery places, they do odd things in there. Dressing up in fancy dress to pretend to be penguins (apparently they get fresh fish on Fridays for that one.) AND they make strong drink too ...(or is that a distillery? I get confused) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Rubecula wrote: »
    ...... You want to be careful of those nunnery places, they do odd things in there. Dressing up in fancy dress to pretend to be penguins (apparently they get fresh fish on Fridays for that one.) AND they make strong drink too ...(or is that a distillery? I get confused) :D

Hiyiz all, glad yiz are all still around, as wot I yam!! :D I had a sicky Christmas night and St Stephen's :( but up to that, and since, it was all jolly! :) Anyhoo Rube, it isn't nuns wot make strong drink. You are confusing them with that 'oul Buckfast distillery! ;) 'Tis not nuns you need worry about, but the monks are to be watched.....closely! Mebbe they are the ones that eat monkfish on Fridays! ;)

Ah well you see Jelly the strong vapours get me all muddled up. :D

tis lovely to see you hon all the best wishes for the New Year.

And of course folks I mean that for each and everyone of you wonderful people, who I understand are going to ply me with those self same strong vapours in liquid form courtesy of the ever generous Old Goat who is throwing open his cabinet drawers to all comers. (Even if he doesn't know it .... who has the skeleton key?)

Ahem. I have a lock pick. But keep it quiet. Seems a bit mean though, so near to new year.

Well a looksee lockpick is probably a lot more gentle than a Rubecula lockpick (ie a hammer).

Still I am sure we won't need it. OG will open it up for us. He looks after his charges. (I hope :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Adds extra boobie traps to the drinks cabinate.

Hehehe, boobies.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

*mans up and heads for the traps to save the ladies. *

I am not as small as I once was but they would need to be great traps to get my boobies :pac::pac:

There better be lots of bubbly tomorrow night:)

And I expect all you men to be on your best behaviour...

Best behaviour? Snort! Well I shall be here keeping an eye on things, though no doubt OG will be off doing something complicated with feathers...

• Advertisement

I fear the men will be unruly,you will have your work cut out Looksee.

Sounds promising.

I am going to be perfectly ruly (is that a word?) Anyway I will be on my best behaviour, I can't let the side down during the festivities can I?

*But seeing as it is still early ..... goes around putting up special New Year Decorations.... Looksee's pills over the window, Ramette's flannellette underwear over the door, Alice's slippers in the middle of the ceiling, Jelly's cardigan from the chandelier, whoopee cushions everywhere ...... Snickers in a childish way as he goes looking for anything Chucken has left out.

cartoon_angry_woman_or_wife_with_rolling_pin_0521-1005-0914-1337_SMU.jpg

Get your hands away from my drawers mister!

Aside from Rube making the place look like a rummage sale, is anyone doing anything actually festive? In real life I mean? We have family coming over tomorrow, but absolutely nothing happening this evening - I've never been bothered about NYE anyway, but with two of the three children abroad and hubby needing to go to bed around 9pm it will be me and a video!

To be honest I have no plans at all. Usually I spend New Year with my father, but this year I was with him for Christmas instead. Not at all sure what I will do. In past years when I still lived in Liverpool I would be out in the street with the neighbours, and going to house parties and such. I suspect I will be at home this year on me own. (No sounds of aww poor Rube please. There are lots of lonely folk out there who don't have much choice in the matter, so I feel sort of blessed that I have some choice in the matter.)

It is possible that I may visit a friend, or take a drive to one of my other relatives. Frankly, I don't know what I will do yet. Which makes it a bit exciting in a way.

No awwww here either, we never made anything of NYE, its just another evening, but with a singular lack of anything decent on the tv! :D

We wont be doing anything too exciting. Chillin' with the offsprings and the new baba :)

Ive loads of food cooked so we'll just graze on that all evening and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope its a good one for everyone :)

2013newyear.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

NYE has never been an event in our house. Just a clink of my lemonade glass at midnight and that's the festivities over for another year for me!:D How will I contain myself? :rolleyes: Happy 2013 to all, for all of 2013.

• Advertisement

I always find it a very lonely time of year, so thus year I drove to cork and am spending this evening eating rubbish, drinking wine and watching Harry potter with a dear friend. So I am happy out!

The very best of happy New Years to all you old folk xxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement