Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it, me?

• 20-05-2010 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is any ones hay fever bad this evening?
    My eyes have been are blood shot and ive got streams of tear running down my cheacks, and a stuffed noise...
    Any one else, hate this time of year?

Pollen :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"Oh, my eyes, Oh my runny nose, Oh, the pollen count is sooo high, sniffle sniffle, drip drip, Oooooh my oh my!"

Hay fever = ghey fever... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Oh how I love not having hay fever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Darn those plants trying to reproduce and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

My eyes have been are blood shot and ive got streams of tear running down my cheacks, and a stuffed noise...

<no txt spk, biko>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Not being a díck but really happy I dont have hayfever. I know a girl who says she prefers winter to summer because of hayfever!
    Says it all really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Get yourself some antihistamines. They really help :)
    I've been taking them regularly for the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I usually have it very bad...I mean awful....but this year not so much.

...hold on...I'm a bit distracted...there's a fcuking gombeen waving at me...

..anyway...I got accupuncture last year...that might be something to do with it although im not sure

I thought the headshops were closed?!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

My twin does get it very bad though. You're gona need some antihistamine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Hello.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Don't suffer from it myself.
    Kissing has been proven to suppress the body's allergic reaction to pollen.

Because no actual person will want to kiss your sorry ass, cup your hand into a loose fist and kiss where the opening would be around the thumb...you'll be cured in no time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im taking clarityn. there not, working past 3 weeks, but to day has been awfull. :(

Damm country liven....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Yep today was an exceptionally bad day for me. Can feel the swelling in my sinus. I have been taking luffa complex throughout the year and I'm hoping it may help build my tolerance to pollen, only time will tell! And to those of you who scoff and say hayfever is a gay complaint, you wouldn't know man! It's actually worse than AIDS* :mad:

*may be an exaggeration

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Im taking clarityn. there not, working past 3 weeks, but to day has been awfull. :(

Damm country liven....

Hmm. They're usually good :/

Maybe go to a pharmacy / doctor and see what they suggest?

If you're suffering that badly, it's definitely worth your while! Poor thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Not since I get the annual jab.... now I can frolic in the fields without worrying about runny noses, stinging eyes, swollen glands :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Have you tried this, OP?

Nasaleze:
    Nasaleze is a nasal powder that lines the nasal passages and sinuses to enhance the production of nasal mucus. This forms an invisible, gel-like filter over the lining of nasal passages that helps stop pollen triggering an allergic reaction. Squeeze and sniff the bottle to inhale the inert cellulose nasal powder. In most cases, hay fever symptoms are controlled within three to ten seconds and works for up to 24 hours.

and a stuffed noise...

Earplugs..:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No, but I have a chesty cough that won't quit ..

It's keeping me from the cinema and I wanted to go see Shawshank at the Gaiety :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I know I'm gonna be accused of being a tinfoil hat wearing new age nut job but...... eat locally produced honey OP, put a teaspoon in with your coffee or tea or whatever, it will really help with your hay fever. Seriously, just try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ilovebiology

No hay fever with me. Apart from going through a nervous breakdown at the moment :(

• Advertisement

The perfect cure for hay fever sufferers.... http://pantomimestudios.com/WebCHM/Bubble%20Photo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

I used to suffer from this but not anymore, the best advice for you is to start using the hayfever tabs on the 1st of April and build your immune system up before the pollon season reaches its peak then you'll be fine, I used to do this for years. :)

Have you tried this, OP?

Nasaleze:
    Nasaleze is a nasal powder that lines the nasal passages and sinuses to enhance the production of nasal mucus. This forms an invisible, gel-like filter over the lining of nasal passages that helps stop pollen triggering an allergic reaction. Squeeze and sniff the bottle to inhale the inert cellulose nasal powder. In most cases, hay fever symptoms are controlled within three to ten seconds and works for up to 24 hours.

Earplugs..:pac::D

havent heard of that but thank you il give that a try, sounds good prusmilably prescription ? or ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

havent heard of that but thank you il give that a try, sounds good prusmilably prescription ? or ?

Just don't tell em boards sent ya cos if you die it's our fault now. :pac:*

*Legal disclaimer: In suggesting that in trying a medical aid you might die I have now absolved boards.ie from all potential liability in the event of your death as a result of trying out any suggested remedy recommended on this site. If your immediate death should occur after taking said now not suggested suggestion we wish you all the best in your afterlife but wish to remind you that we are in no way potentially legally liable for any such immediate death.

Hmm. They're usually good :/

Maybe go to a pharmacy / doctor and see what they suggest?

If you're suffering that badly, it's definitely worth your while! Poor thing :(

I know its mad but most of today ive been itchy snuffely dunno hay feverish...

Its been the worse, i dunno if you get this but i feel like snorting water to cool my noise down either way its nasty :mad:
    Im toying with ice cubes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I bought a couple of years worth of these recently. Cheap as chips, They have worked very well for me so far,my hay fever is usually terrible around now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

...hold on...I'm a bit distracted...there's a fcuking gombeen waving at me...
    That lad Baz ..bottom right? Gets me everytime :o

Just don't tell em boards sent ya cos if you die it's our fault now. :pac:*

*Legal disclaimer: In suggesting that in trying a medical aid you might die I have now absolved boards.ie from all potential liability in the event of your death as a result of trying out any suggested remedy recommended on this site. If your immediate death should occur after taking said now not suggested suggestion we wish you all the best in your afterlife but wish to remind you that we are in no way potentially legally liable for any such immediate death.

Im going to say soem chick with a worrying bret heart obbsession who threatened to DTD me if i didnt... :)

I read" legal disclamier" and got board :pac:

It's handily enough googled, and it looks like it's over the counter.

Here.

And Here.
    This product is not a medicine, nor a drug. No prescription is required. It is a pharmaceutical grade of an inert white powder. Nasaleze is safe and more effective than a drug or medicine, because it treats the cause and not the symptoms of the allergic reaction. It has no side effects, this product in no way impacts other medical regimes being taken.

It says it's not a medicine nor a drug, so I would assume it's safe.

But please do check google yourself OP, don't take these links as gospel.:pac:

• Advertisement

y
    It's handily enough googled, and it looks like it's over the counter.

Here.

And Here.

It says it's not a medicine nor a drug, so I would assume it's safe.

But please do check google yourself OP, don't take these links as gospel.:pac:

cheers sharpy i shall, speak with the chemist in the morning, and have a word with the doctor...:)

strobe wrote: »
    I know I'm gonna be accused of being a tinfoil hat wearing new age nut job but...... eat locally produced honey OP, put a teaspoon in with your coffee or tea or whatever, it will really help with your hay fever. Seriously, just try it out.

Most new agers are very 'enviromentally conscious' & would not be seen dead wearing a product on their head that is not easily biodegradable.

They would possibly wear aluminium hats instead, though the extensive use of aluminium foil has been criticized by some environmentalists because of the high resource cost of extracting aluminium, primarily as a result of the large amount of electricity used to the process bauxite ore.

However, this cost is greatly reduced via recycling, reduced energy requirements during transport due to lighter weight packages, and the fact that many foods that would otherwise perish can be protected over long periods without refrigeration.

Most likely though, the would wear woolen hats.

:D

y

cheers sharpy i shall, speak with the chemist in the morning, and have a word with the doctor...:)

I think that's the best course of action to take.:pac:

Definitely ask the Chemist first if it's over the counter, at least they don't charge you for a visit.

I think that's the best course of action to take.:pac:

Definitely ask the Chemist first if it's over the counter, at least they don't charge you for a visit.

Yeah go around deheading all the flowers in the area :D

The anti hay fever gorril movment. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

y

Nasaleze is fantastic stuff but as far as I am aware it's not sold in Ireland. Last summer I ordered a box over the internet, it's not expensive at all. You might as well ask your pharmacist just in case, but I know I spent a long time looking last year and was told it had been discontinued.

If you're in boots ask for a nifty little product called 'Hay Max.' It's a lavender scented balm that you rub on the entrance of your nose and keeps pollen out.

Last but not least if you find Zirtek a good product ask your pharmacist for the generic version. I think you can get thirty of tablets for the price of seven zirtek and it's literally the exact same tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Is it, you?

No it's, not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

i was in corfu last year and got a pack of zirtec for pretty much the same price it is in ireland but had 21 tabs instead of 7 :eek: definitely worth asking any friends going abroad to check a chemist when they are on holliers !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've had very bad hayfever since I can remember. Every summer I take Zirtek, Flixonase and eyedrops. I got a stuffy nose on Tuesday and it's getting worse due to the bloody pollen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

One word-ZIRTEK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,049 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ha HA I love not having hay-CHOO.

Fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

One word-ZIRTEK

I posted this earlier in the thread, but here goes again! :)

These are 30p for a months worth and are the same as Zirtek.
    I started taking them a month ago and no hay fever. They work great!

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/30-days-allergy-and-hayfever-relief-cetirizine-tablets_1_10167.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

strobe wrote: »

Strobe speaks the truth, it really works, but its not an instant fix, bear with it. better than popping pills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I suffer from discofever.
    The horror,the horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

It's strange, I never would have said I had hay fever but it's something that's been getting worse each year. Must be a higher pollen count I guess :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Throw your head in to a sink of cold water. Some olbas oil on your pillow at night. Chew menthol gum. Spoonfulls of local honey. I like to put mine in my tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

I thought the headshops were closed?!? :confused:

What are you on about?!?

Advertisement