Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anyone else having trouble with Strava tonight? When I click the dashboard, it will only give my activities and not those I'm following.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Anyone else having trouble with Strava tonight? When I click the dashboard, it will only give my activities and not those I'm following.

No problems here WA. Using Chrome if it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

yeah noticed that too

yeah noticed that too
    I can get around it somewhat by selecting 'My Clubs' but it then gives everyone in the club who has uploaded a ride but not those who are not in any Strava club.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

I can get around it somewhat by selecting 'My Clubs' but it then gives everyone in the club who has uploaded a ride but not those who are not in any Strava club.

im going to go to bed and hopefully it will have fixed itself by the time i wake up :pac:

• Advertisement

im going to go to bed and hopefully it will have fixed itself by the time i wake up :pac:
    Normal service has returned! :pac:

Someone has just flagged an entire ride I did in July 2013 (in the USA). Fairly standard stats - 106km in 4h 07m average 25.7 max 63km/h. Claim that it was done in a motor vehicle! WTF :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You're just too good man, just too good.

They seemed to have accepted my assurances that it was genuine. Wouldn't really matter that much anyway as there are so few segments in the US compared to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

I always wondered what happens when a ride gets flagged. Did an actual person e-mail you or is it all automated?

• Advertisement

12 element wrote: »
    I always wondered what happens when a ride gets flagged. Did an actual person e-mail you or is it all automated?
    You get a message from Strava with several options about it - eg opportunity to crop ride etc.

I don't understand why mine was flagged as the average speed was actually lower than normal (Florida heat in July) and I didn't get anything in the 7 segments I went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

I don't understand why mine was flagged...

km/h interpreted as mph possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

They seemed to have accepted my assurances that it was genuine. Wouldn't really matter that much anyway as there are so few segments in the US compared to here.

Just on strava use, wonder where it is the most popular? I mean, what sort of level of cyclists8zts actually use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just on strava use, wonder where it is the most popular? I mean, what sort of level of cyclists8zts actually use it?

Have a look.
    http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#3/-71.57651/41.87559/gray/both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Zyzz wrote: »

To a lad who did 1km in 21 seconds?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

wowy wrote: »

And there I was thinking I was fast.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

That lad should try out for the Rio games for some track distances.

wowy wrote: »
    ....and into a headwind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭irishrover99

....and into a headwind!

was thinking that as well, a very strong head wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Sometimes, just sometimes good things happen to ones KOMs list. Had a bit of a slow morning at work and decided to check how many KOM's I've lost. To my very pleasant surprise I had actually gained a couple and they both are in the Wicklow hills and quite long, too. One is just over 15min the other is 1h:08m long. Due to the popularity of the roads where the segments are I'm not expecting them to be mine anymore before the month is over, but hey, still a nice way to start a Friday morning :D.

Wow, I just realised I own KOM at a segment going from the right of the church to the Ben of Howth :eek:

(1st out of 3 though :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Alek wrote: »
    Wow, I just realised I own KOM at a segment going from the right of the church to the Ben of Howth :eek:

One does not "own" a KOM segment. One simply has a passing use of the title for a period of time.

Is it Formal Friday today? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Is it Formal Friday today? :pac:

Tak, pana Aleka.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Segments need a bit more creativity I think. I considered making a few from my holidays, campsite to boulangerie, etc.
    I'm sure it'd be fun for someone sometime in the future to be on holiday and do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi

Can you block a person on Strava. There is a person in Brazil who I don't know who gives me kudos for commutes. It drives me bananas. What type of loser gives kudos to random individuals.

I have my settings set up so that only those who request a follow can see me in their timeline. I realise that by being a member of a strava club that anyone viewing that club can see my rides. This person doesn't follow me at all.

I have checked strava help and it is ambiguous as to whether you can block people.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

you can block users

open their athlete page and on the settings button on right hand side (near the top) there's a block user option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I've some random dude from Abu Dhabi doing the same to me. At least I've cycled over there and he probably thought I lived over there from my uploads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

you can block users

open their athlete page and on the settings button on right hand side (near the top) there's a block user option.
    They must be a follower to do this - this person isn't following me. He is a member of boards strava club. He has had numerous requests on his timeline from posters here to desist - he doesn't get the message.

Advertisement