Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shimano road bike components

• 21-10-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

As components are continually being upgraded etc. etc. I am wondering about the future and continuing availability of Shimano 6700 components? Not even sure what the release date of this version was and how long they continue to be stocked after release of new models?

Presumably, not all components are interchangeable and in some instances it may become necessary to replace more than the required component to ensure compatibility etc. etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

Maidhci wrote: »
    As components are continually being upgraded etc. etc. I am wondering about the future and continuing availability of Shimano 6700 components? Not even sure what the release date of this version was and how long they continue to be stocked after release of new models?

Presumably, not all components are interchangeable and in some instances it may become necessary to replace more than the required component to ensure compatibility?

I wouldn't get overly worried,...
    Parts -although not necessarily 6700- for 10 speed groups will be around for quiet some time...
    All 10 speed shimano components ( with the exception of dura ace 7900 front mech & left lever) will work with your 6700...

Advertisement