Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste disposal unit under sink

Options
  • 10-11-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all I'll be renovating the kitchen soon and one of the things that we'd find usefull is a waste disposal grinder thing under the sink. However we don't want the organic waste flushed away down the drains we want to store it for our compost heap. At the moment we have a large pot that sits on the worktop and stores all the leftover food before we bring it out to the compost bin. The waste disposal would be alot handier and cleaner and the resultant ground up waste would compost quicker. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

You could pipe it into a barrel with a fine mesh just off the bottom for draining and pipe off the bottom to the drain.
    Then just shovel it clear once a week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It'd be very tedious OP. Insinkerators pulverise waste making it nearly fluid like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

thanks for the quick replies I was hoping there was something I could buy that'd just collect the ground up waste and i'd just empty it once a week etc. I had thought of the 2nd posters idea alright but I just don't have the time to do this.

Advertisement