Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst you've ever been stung?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

And I don't mean by a Jelly fish.

What's the worst someone has ever stung you?

My brother-in-law asked the OH and myself to babysit their child.
    After a whole night of the child screaming uncontrollably he came to pick the child up.
    Turns out he'd brought the child for it's injections just before dropping her off with us.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Being asked to finish off a 'few' pages of typing, only to receive 80 pages of typing to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

he told me he was a women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I was badly stung by a bee once...20 quid for a jar of honey...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

In a disco by a female!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

Biggins wrote: »
    In a disco by a female!

€7000 by a solicitor for doing sweet **** all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Less than €200, but I've had my own back indirectly a few times since :D

What goes around comes around, just bide yer time :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Going to a massage parlour once and being done for "Solicitation."

Fúckers... all I wanted was a thorough rub down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

...it wasn't a glory hole...it was a bee hive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

There is this guuuuyyyy, i think chris hansen is his name, he stung me real bad..... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Stop....Hammer Time

Court found me Guilty but I was innocent

Had a suspended sentance hanging over me for 10 months :(

I appealed and won :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Court found me Guilty but I was innocent

Had a suspended sentance hanging over me for 10 months :(

I appealed and won :)

Guilty of recording 'U Can't Touch This'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

mathie wrote: »
    no crimes against trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Stop....Hammer Time

mathie wrote: »

I bet you sing along to it when you hear it .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I bet you sing along to it when you hear it .

Fuck that.. it is already in my head after reading it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Passing a spliff to a gaurd of duty.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

e800 at a dentist for getting my fcuking teeth cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Was "merry" on holidays in Turkey a good few years ago and got a shoe polish on my white adidas runners that I handed over 5000 drachmas for.Only about €25 but I was annoyed once I'd sobered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Went to the Doctor's yesterday cos I have a chest infection.......

€45 for the Doctor
    €28 for antibiotics (7 tablets to be taken once a day for a week)

How the fcuk can one measly tablet cost €4? And how the fcuk can the doctor justify charging €45? I was in the surgery for less than 5 minutes!!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

e800 at a dentist for getting my fcuking teeth cleaned.

wtf! are you mr Ed?

me, Pyramid scheme in the 80's total cost £8 , lesson learned, priceless.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    wtf! are you mr Ed?

I just nearly choked on my tea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

keano_afc wrote: »
    Was "merry" on holidays in Turkey a good few years ago and got a shoe polish on my white adidas runners that I handed over 5000 drachmas for.Only about €25 but I was annoyed once I'd sobered up.

But on the plus side, you stung him with your Greek currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

But on the plus side, you stung him with your Greek currency.

You'd think, but he actually turned down Turkish lira because it had "too many zero's". I was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Years ago I was in Paris years ago for a weekend.

"Happened" (as you do) across a place called La Pigalle (Red light area). Touts outside all the premises, promising free admission and a free drink for entry to a live ()ucky ()ucky show.

After some deliberation we decided to give it a go, and have a look at a show. What had we to lose. It was going to be something to tell the lads about when we came back home. This was pre Ryanair, when anywhere foreign was exiciting, and travel cost an arm and a leg.

We were led down a passageway up to a desk. Your man at the desk wanted money. No, we argued, Free admission. Your admission is free but this is a members only club so in order to come in you have to be a member, and you have to pay to become a member. Paid up. It was in French Francs, between 5 & 10 punts each. Anyway, with the lure of the free drink, a show not available in Ireland, and a story, we paid up and went in.

We were guided to this table in a booth. There was a bottle of Champagne ion ice on the table. Free drink, girlfriend wanted some of that. I said no. Girlfriend then wanted a short and a mixer. I felt there was something wrong and again said No and ordered 2 cokes.

Waiter arrived with the two small bottles of coke. Then he wanted money. No we said, we were told we were entitled to a free drink. Waiter replied that you had to pay for the first drink, and only the second one was free. Grudgingly, I gave your man about twenty pounds. He took it and stood there. I asked him where was my change. He said he wanted more money, that I hadn't given him enough money for the coke. A major row followed and it looked as if it was going to start to get physical. Me and a couple of bouncers and staff. No problem. Anyway, I was dragged out of the place by the girlfriend, before I got myself into trouble.

Ruined the whole weekend. I still feel stupid about being so easily ripped off.

I bet Tierry Henrys Mother and Father worked there. Cheating ***nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Murt10 wrote: »

Brain fart!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Murt10 wrote: »

"Happened" (as you do) across a place called La Pigalle (Red light area). Touts outside all the premises, promising free admission and a free drink for entry to a live ()ucky ()ucky show.

After some deliberation we decided to give it a go, and have a look at a show. What had we to lose. It was going to be something to tell the lads about when we came back home. This was pre Ryanair, when anywhere foreign was exiciting, and travel cost an arm and a leg.

We were led down a passageway up to a desk. Your man at the desk wanted money. No, we argued, Free admission. Your admission is free but this is a members only club so in order to come in you have to be a member, and you have to pay to become a member. Paid up. It was in French Francs, between 5 & 10 punts each. Anyway, with the lure of the free drink, a show not available in Ireland, and a story, we paid up and went in.

We were guided to this table in a booth. There was a bottle of Champagne ion ice on the table. Free drink, girlfriend wanted some of that. I said no. Girlfriend then wanted a short and a mixer. I felt there was something wrong and again said No and ordered 2 cokes.

Waiter arrived with the two small bottles of coke. Then he wanted money. No we said, we were told we were entitled to a free drink. Waiter replied that you had to pay for the first drink, and only the second one was free. Grudgingly, I gave your man about twenty pounds. He took it and stood there. I asked him where was my change. He said he wanted more money, that I hadn't given him enough money for the coke. A major row followed and it looked as if it was going to start to get physical. Me and a couple of bouncers and staff. No problem. Anyway, I was dragged out of the place by the girlfriend, before I got myself into trouble.

Ruined the whole weekend. I still feel stupid about being so easily ripped off.

I bet Tierry Henrys Mother and Father worked there. Cheating ***nts.

Something very similar happened to me years ago too, also in Paris :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Something very similar happened to me years ago too, also in Paris :eek:

You probably saw them from the stage.

Advertisement