Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone recommend somewhere to get Tyres

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My girlfriend is working down in Cork at the moment (Hollyhill, Blackpool Glanmire kind of area)

She needs to get at least her two front tyres replaced (not sure why she has let it get to this crisis point, but anyways :P)

She tried a place close to where she is working and they were about €20 a tyre more expensive than the place I used in Athlone a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone have any recommendations? The car is a 06 C4 with steel wheels (not sure on size of tyre)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If she can make southlink tyres I'd recommend them.

I always use them and they're fairly reasonable.

http://www.yourlocal.ie/company/379265750614016

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Dessie's are in Blackpool and I've used them many times. Nice lads, good prices for good tyres and excellent service. They sell a lot of Firestones which I've never had a problem with. I think they still open until 10pm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭brevity

I've never had any trouble with AlansTyres in Glanmire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

banks tyres in turners x for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Avoid Southern Tyres in Blackpool Retail Park. Was charged €65 for a 15" there recently. Got the very same make of tyre a few months back for €55.

Won't be returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Avoid Auto Motif on the Kinsale Road, I got tyres there a few years back, they put the wrong size tyres on the car, I went back to them as I could hear the tyres grinding against the underneath of the car, they went to change them and when taking them off they broke a few nuts.

They ordered in new nuts or whatever it was they needed and left me without a car for about five days until they were able to fix the problem. About a month or so later, I lost control on a slippery road and wrote off the car! I will NEVER go back there nor recommend them to anyone.

Oh, and they still charged me full price despite leaving me without a car due to their terrible work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sofa King wrote: »
    Avoid Auto Motif on the Kinsale Road... I lost control on a slippery road and wrote off the car!

You lay the blame for the crash on them? What kind of tyres did you buy from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Any tyre places open tomorrow? My sister needs to get one sorted before driving back up the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Dessie's in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Try Glounthaune tyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

coming down the mardyke today......punctured the tyre! no chance of resurrection so wheeled over to banks and got a replacement 225 40 18 goodyear for €135. looked up the price of the tyre on eire tyres €172! so happy out!

Advertisement