Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Samich wrote: »
    What's your problem? Ja-hay-sus.

My problem is you posting excrement in this thread, citing wikipedia as a source when trying to establish the fee paid. Jimmy explained to you why that is utterly stupid, although it really shouldn't need explaining.

You may think it is a bit of fun and not important, but everybody else either has to waste their time reading your bullshìt or has to put you on ignore which makes threads confusing. It would be nice if you would take the slightest bit of intellectual responsibility for what you write and at least try to not act like a retard when you're posting in here. It would be the sound thing for you to do, just to show respect to everybody else who shares this thread and forum with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm not too nervous about tomorrow, reckon we'll win, and I think it'll be easily enough.

I admire you confidence because this is a hit and miss United team and their performance depends on whether they turn up for the game or not. And as we have seen quite a few times this season, they may not turn up today at all. We should not have lost to Wigan and yet we did. On paper they should win, but that means nothing really. If we are 4 points clear with one game left, then perhaps I'll take the title for granted. Before then, I'll be just keeping the fingers crossed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The only worry for me is that we have actually struggled more at home this season then away, looked poorer at home then away and this Villa team will set up in a way that we have found very difficult to break down this season.

Dont expect it to be pretty and will happily take a 1-0 OG win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

kryogen wrote: »
    Dont expect it to be pretty and will happily take a 1-0 OG win

And if their keeper scores an own goal during a kick out, then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'm not too nervous about tomorrow, reckon we'll win, and I think it'll be easily enough.

I admire you confidence because this is a hit and miss United team and their performance depends on whether they turn up for the game or not. And as we have seen quite a few times this season, they may not turn up today at all. We should not have lost to Wigan and yet we did. On paper they should win, but that means nothing really. If we are 4 points clear with one game left, then perhaps I'll take the title for granted. Before then, I'll be just keeping the fingers crossed tbh.

Hit and miss? We've lost 3 league games this season, hardly hit and miss tbf. The performances may not look that pretty but when we are on to win the league with a potentially record number of points, overall season form can't be called hit or miss ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

letting fabio out on loan makes no sense,even less when fryers is still stalling on a new contract

so 2 definits out fabio and berba this could be some summer :eek:

VW 1 wrote: »
    Hit and miss? We've lost 3 league games this season, hardly hit and miss tbf. The performances may not look that pretty but when we are on to win the league with a potentially record number of points, overall season form can't be called hit or miss ffs.

Is it not 4?

Thought we had lost 3 in 32 and 1 in our last 1 games :eek:

The performances have been hit or miss alright, but your dead right the form itself has been excellently consistent this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yep - we've lost 100% of our last one games.
    Relegation form. :pac:

Im really disappointed to hear that Fabio will be going on loan next year, I really hope Fergie changes his mind and keeps him and plays him!

We all know how much he loves his players with experience however and mad Paddy will be kept for another reason for that alone imo. He would probably still fetch a decent transfer fee if we sold him this summer, but will be worth considerably less each year after that.

Hope it is at least to a good premier league team and that he can come back and be ready to be the 1st choice left back.

alproctor wrote: »
    Yep - we've lost 100% of our last one games.
    Relegation form. :pac:

Yep, taken 0 points from our last poosible 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

When I first read that Fabio was being let out on loan, I couldn't understand it. But after thinking about it a bit, and reading a few posts from more knowledgeable posters in here and elsewhere, it may not be entirely a bad idea at all.

Evra has played the vast majority of games this season (and for the past few seasons), and Fergie obviously believes that he'll be first choice next season also. For Fabio to be warming the bench for that season would not help him to progress as a footballer. And the more I think about it, I think it makes sense to let him out on loan.

In the meantime, we do have cover for Evra in the form of Johnny Evans, if it comes to it, and if he can do a decent job if called on to do so at left back. Can't see this being a regular thing, though if Evra continues his current appearance record.

Evra will be 32 by the end of next season, and if Fabio has a full year at Premier League level under his belt by then, it may signal the natural progression for him to become our first choice left back at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Pro. F wrote: »
    My problem is you posting excrement in this thread, citing wikipedia as a source when trying to establish the fee paid. Jimmy explained to you why that is utterly stupid, although it really shouldn't need explaining.

You may think it is a bit of fun and not important, but everybody else either has to waste their time reading your bullshìt or has to put you on ignore which makes threads confusing. It would be nice if you would take the slightest bit of intellectual responsibility for what you write and at least try to not act like a retard when you're posting in here. It would be the sound thing for you to do, just to show respect to everybody else who shares this thread and forum with you.
    That's out of order Pro.F.
    Everyone has the right to post what they want as long is it's not against the charter. Citing Wikipedia has about as much merit as linking to most tabloids or sites like football365 etc. in fairness.
    I've seen so many variations of the cost of Nani and Anderson I don't know which to believe.

No need for some of those comments,you're point could have easily been made without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I dont see the point in sending Fabio out on loan. He was good enough to start against Barca in champions league finals, so he should be good enough to play at least few league games.

Playing Evra week in week out (As if there is some clause in his contract) wont do any good for Evra and Fabio too. Now with Fabio out we should sign back up LB when we have other areas to improve.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    That's out of order Pro.F.
    Everyone has the right to post what they want as long is it's not against the charter. Citing Wikipedia has about as much merit as linking to most tabloids or sites like football365 etc. in fairness.
    I've seen so many variations of the cost of Nani and Anderson I don't know which to believe.

No need for some of those comments,you're point could have easily been made without them.

Bad and all as football365 and the tabloids are, at least their articles can't be altered by anonymous wums whenever the mood takes them. There is no doubt that mentioning the current Wikipedia claim on a debated transfer fee is completely idiotic and a waste of everybody's time.

The fact that something is not against the charter doesn't mean that it's ok. That is a nonsense argument. Posters acting with a bit of responsibility and actually trying to not post nonsense I think is a perfectly reasonable request, I don't know what you're on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Pro.F, when I first started posting in here many moons ago, you wete one of my favourite posters. What changed? You are quite negative for awhile now and dare I say picking on some people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Its brilliant to see SAF giving Evans the praise he deserves...

"There is no doubt he has been helped playing alongside the experience of Rio and he is now arguably the best defender in the country."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The fact that something is not against the charter doesn't mean that it's ok. That is a nonsense argument. Posters acting with a bit of responsibility and actually trying to not post nonsense I think is a perfectly reasonable request, I don't know what you're on about.
    The forum does not have to conform to your standards,there's people of all ages and differing levels of intelligence,from one extreme to the other.
    Sometimes you just have to let things go instead of calling anyone that doesn't share your views a retard or drooler or whatever the buzz word is at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Wikipedia gets fixed very quickly and some pages are locked and can't be edited by randomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Its brilliant to see SAF giving Evans the praise he deserves...

"There is no doubt he has been helped playing alongside the experience of Rio and he is now arguably the best defender in the country."

Really delighted with him this season. There is nothing better than when a youth product comes through and does well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I think a loan to another PL club would be great for Fabio, if he gets a long run of games. His ability is wasted playing in the reserves. It might also lead to a few more appearances for Fryers next season.

I'm predicting a scrappy 1-0 today, at this stage we won't make up too much ground in terms of goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

RE fabio on loan; I'd much rather see evra sold(he has been varying from average to awful this season IMO) and fabio promoted to first team regular. But, if SAF insists on keeping evra there, I think a loan is a good move for Fabio.

Edit: oh, and 2 - 0 today v villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I wouldn't sell Evra. I'd keep Evra and put Fabio in there when he's fit and loan out Fryers.

Give Fabio game time while keeping Evra as back-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Owen_S wrote: »
    I think a loan to another PL club would be great for Fabio, if he gets a long run of games. His ability is wasted playing in the reserves. It might also lead to a few more appearances for Fryers next season.

I'm predicting a scrappy 1-0 today, at this stage we won't make up too much ground in terms of goal difference.

Is Fryers not going out on loan too?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The forum does not have to conform to your standards,there's people of all ages and differing levels of intelligence,from one extreme to the other.
    Sometimes you just have to let things go instead of calling anyone that doesn't share your views a retard or drooler or whatever the buzz word is at the time.

You're point would be sensible if I was asking for something unreasonable. Asking for people to use the minimum of cop-on required to have a sensible conversation is not unreasonable.
    killwill wrote: »
    Pro.F, when I first started posting in here many moons ago, you wete one of my favourite posters. What changed? You are quite negative for awhile now and dare I say picking on some people.

The constant trolls and idiots who have blown through this thread at different times have made me realise that there is a limit to the amount of patience we should exercise. Some people can just fùck up a conversation when they want to or when they don't care. Like it or not there is a minimum amount of cop-on that is required for a discussion to carry on. I'm not saying that Samich doesn't have that, I'm certain he does, I'm saying that he's not exercising it.

Me saying that using Wikipedia as a source for a transfer fee is a waste of time is not unreasonable. People bringing what wiki says into that kind of conversation should be called on it. Samich has been posting for long enough to know how wiki works as a source. I think it's crazy that people are arguing about this. If Samich thought about it for a second he would admit that Wikipedia is a waste of time source, especially after reading Jimmy's response. I guarantee he understands that point.

Wikipedia gets fixed very quickly and some pages are locked and can't be edited by randomers.

Wikipedia is one of the shìttest sources possible for a transfer fee. I cannot believe you are trying to argue that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's about as solid as anywhere else really. It has to be backed up by a source like a newspaper's website, or a club press release. For example, a quick look at Anderson's wikipedia entry shows this:
    The transfer fee Porto announced was €30 million,[19] which was equivalent to around £20.4 million as of May 2007.[17]

The source that this is referenced in is an official Porto club release in the form of a PDF. About as legit as you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Plenty of people use wikipedia on this site for your information.

Why does wikipedia even exist?

Would be nice to not be called a retard also. Also just because you think what I write is bull**** isn't what everyone thinks. It's a discussion board, people write what they think, not what they want you to hear.

Don't like what I post? Just hit the ignore button rather than posting why my posts are s*it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Plenty of people use wikipedia on this site for your information.

Why does wikipedia even exist?

Would be nice to not be called a retard also. Also just because you think what I write is bull**** isn't what everyone thinks. It's a discussion board, people write what they think, not what they want you to hear.

Don't like what I post? Just hit the ignore button rather than posting why my posts are s*it!

while its not a massive problem and can largely be ignored using wiki as a source is pretty stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Just find what source wikipedia referenced and use that! simples! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Its 46 Million Euros. When we signed exchange was much better for Euros.

Anderson was signed for 30 Million Euros which was equivalent to 20 Million pounds back in May 2007.

English papers reported we payed combined fee of 30 Million pounds for Anderson and Nani which is equal to 46 Million Euros.

IMO its a good deal.

Edit: There are few reports which says we signed Nani for 25 Million Euros which was 17 Million back then. If we consider that then we have paid 55 Million euros for the pair.
    Wiki says 46 million pounds for Nani & Anderson.

I like Anderson a lot, when he comes on as a sub he offers a lot of energy and that. From the start he isn't as effective, probably lacks a bit of explosive power off the mark.

Well well, for one I thought the first poster might have made a mistake with the euros sign, because we're in euros.

Secondly I didn't say "The fee was £46m!", I said "Wiki says"

I never said wiki was perfect, although if you go onto man utd's wiki page and say their capacity is 1 more than it actually is, go back later and it will be back to what it was.

Lots of people on the forum would use wiki for info.

Most likely ye've been told by lecturers not to trust wiki or use it as a reference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement