Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to the future episode 2 problem through steam

Options
  • 18-02-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭

has anybody downloaded this and not been able to run it, I click on the shortcut or in the steam folder and it says preparing to launch and then screen goes black then nothing, music plays but no launcher no nothing

Have gone through all the fixes in the telltale forums

1) run as admin

2) update drivers

3) press ctrl +shift +minus

Still nothing, cant even get it to run in windows mode and have redownloaded it

Any ideas

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This is a stupid question, but do I have to pay full price for episode 2 if I have episode 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

if you bought episode 1 then the rest of the episodes are free to download, they appear in your games library on steam as they come out

happy ending to this query about not being able to play episode 2, after a lot of faffing about i got it to work

Shin

Is it a decent game? I'm a point and click/Monkey Island fan so would you reckon I'd enjoy this? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Is it a decent game? I'm a point and click/Monkey Island fan so would you reckon I'd enjoy this? Cheers

if you like the old style point and click stuff then youll love this

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just finished it there. Steam says it took me two hours. A lot more enjoyable than the first episode. A lot less trial and error with the clicking/solutions. Ending is a little whacky, but sets it up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's point and click, but very underwhelming. The use of the license means it looks like Back to the Future, and sounds like the films, but the game is fairly dull with no sense of tension or drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ahh but for 20quid its decent, especially if you love the films.

I'd rather what they've done, than some kind of shoddy attempt at an action platformer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ahh but for 20quid its decent, especially if you love the films.

I'd rather what they've done, than some kind of shoddy attempt at an action platformer
    100% agree, point and click is more a natural fit for the series than most genres; but the final game is very dull in places & there's absolutely no sense of risk. I don't think you can actually "fail" a task, you just stand there until you figure out what you're supposed to do. And that feels wrong against the random, breakneck speed the movies happened at.

Advertisement