Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could erase 1 game from memory - so you could replay it ..

• 04-01-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

What would it be ?
    Although the game I'd choose isn't necessarily my favourite game (mohaa/FF7), the story was so amazing that I'd love to play through it again and experience it for the first time..

I'd have to go with Mass Effect 1/2 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Deus Ex
    Half-Life
    Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

Don't make me choose one...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

FF7 (Obviously)
    or
    Homeworld (Epic in every sense of the word)
    or
    Resident Evil (It was the first time I actually 'jumped' playing a video game)

If I had to pick one well then FF7 probably.

On a side note I got Mass Effect 2 the other day, will it make no sense if I havent played Mass Effect 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FF7 (Obviously)
    or
    Homeworld (Epic in every sense of the word)
    or
    Resident Evil (It was the first time I actually 'jumped' playing a video game)

If I had to pick one well then FF7 probably.

On a side note I got Mass Effect 2 the other day, will it make no sense if I havent played Mass Effect 1?

I would strongly urge you to play through Mass Effect 1 first.
    You will enjoy the 2nd one, but its just not the same if you've not played the first.
    In a similar vein to Godfather 2 or Back to the Future 2, both are amazing on their own, but they continue the story and its better if you;ve seen the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Vagrant Story. Was thinking FF7 but i actually wasnt too keen on it when i first got it with it being my first JRPG experience and being all new to me. I stopped playing it for a few months then came back to it and loved it. Picked Vagrant Story cause i kinda rushed through it and the crafting aspect of the game was kinda lost to me in my younger years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zelda: Link to the past
    System Shock 1 & 2
    Borderlands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Baldur's Gate 2. It's not my favourite game of all time, but it's probably my favourite from a story point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Zelda: Ocarina of Time for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Panzer Dragoon Saga. What an amazing game and story, would love to experience it fresh again. Puts stuff like FFVII to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Red Dead, I didn't want it to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Metal Gear Solid - Would love to experience that again for the 1st time.... preferably in a current gen engine but that wouldnt be a game breaker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Like others maybe not because they were the best or my favorite but they were just so new and fresh at the time and other reasons.

Zelda: A link to the past
    Silent Hill
    Metal gear solid
    GTA: 3 / Vice city
    Rock Band 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Tis hard to think of names when your asked :P

Bioshock and Darksiders would spring off the top of my head though.

EDIT: Oooo ooo! Both Uncharted games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Half life :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

FEAR, and play it again in the dark with loud surround, epic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Call Of Duty 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Call Of Duty 2

good one !!!!! before it went to hell and back and back again.

Shocking I still remember all the multiplayer maps yet struggle to find the memory of mp maps from games I played only months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Fallout 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Planescape: Torment. Goddamn, I loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

Super Mario 64, just to marvel at the sheer genius of it all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Demon's Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Red Dead, I didn't want it to end.

I wish I could erase it from my memory and just give it to you. For keeps. Happy Christmas, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Golden Sun.

It is AMAZING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I don't play a lot of games, but one that I couldn't get enough of was the Mass Effect series (1 & 2). I couldn't put it down, it was immense.

If only because it's half gotten me back into game, I would choose them. Pure magic, what story games are about.

I'm currently playing Deus Ex for the first time, we'll see how that goes in the finish :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has to be Final Fantasy VII. My leaving cert went to shiit that year but I would love to experience it again, preferably rebooted on the PS3!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Id have to say world of warcraft with ocarina of time a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

Silent hill 2 for me the story was fantastic for a survival horror game from start to finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

CoD:MW
    FF VII (haven't played one since, would i be disappointed?)
    AC II
    Doom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oblivion - Good grief, to pump 200 hours into it and marvel at all the little things I find for the 1st time. Can't wait for the sequel this year to drain my life again.

Deus Ex - Had a demo on PC and loved it, couldn't find the game anywhere until the brother got it years later on the PS2. It was great but I wish I could go back and play it originally on the PC for the 1st time.

Half-life 2 - I sort of liked the 1st one, couldn't really warm to it though I tried but this was just pure brilliance.

Doom - I remember 1st playing it when it came out on an old, crappy Ultra Desktop..........1st time I ever dealt with DOS and I can still hear the speaker from the motherboard making beeping noises :pac:

F-Zero - Played it the night my brother won an All-Ireland Nintendo competition back in 92. The graphics blew me away :D

Mortal Kombat II - Great Xmas that was having such a "taboo" game.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭mrm

Zelda: A Link to the Past & OoT
    Metal Gear Solid
    God of War 1 & 2
    Demons Souls

Would like to suggest 'Tomb Raider' for the enjoyment and wonder I experienced at the time of playing but fearful that it would feel ordinary (particularly against the Uncharted series).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Privateer 2: The Darkening

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wish I could erase it from my memory and just give it to you. For keeps. Happy Christmas, like.

Why that would be delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Any Civilisation game
    Elder Scrolls: 3 or 4.

Both less about the story, just the general experience. You never get to relive your first impression.....both of those games were "WTF" moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Planescape: Torment. Goddamn, I loved that game.

Mine too.

Apt choice for one to erase from your brain considering the nature of the game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

For me, it would either be Wip3out or Morrowind.

Wip3out because the game is aesthetically perfect. The sounds, music, graphics, UI and gameplay are all amazing. I haven't seen anything that can approach it since.

Morrowind, because of when I first played it in 2003. I was 16 and I got the game with a graphics card for computer that I'd upgraded. I remember stepping off the boat and just looking around. It looked amazing. Then there was the shock of being able to go pretty much everywhere that I wanted. I didn't think such a game was possible. I just started walking, and walking, and walking... and walking...

So, which one? I don't know. I really don't need to erase Wip3out from my mind to be awed by it. Morrowind might not have the same impact on me now that I've played stuff like Oblivion and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and I don't want to ruin all those glorious memories for nothing. So I don't know...

I'd love to start afresh with Shenmue again. Yakuza just isn't the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Surprised no one has said it yet but its gotta be Pokémon red version I remember getting it for Christmas was my 3rd Gameboy game I think and spent 45 mins with my cousin trying to get out of the house!!!(he had the blue version!!!!)=D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Halo Reach!
    I'd love to have that erased from my mind.

Just that....i'd love to have it erased from my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Manhunt - First time playing it was just unreal.

Assassins creed - I really enjoyed that.

Metal gear solid - snake eater!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

if i can erase the memory of the game AND my experience of playing games on HDTV, i will defo choose to replay ff6 again. or ff7. ff6. or ff7. lol i still remember how these games gave me some amazing gaming experience and i grow up with these games....

or Link's awakening on gb.

thanks for this thread, i think i know whats the game that i will let my children play lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

arkham asylum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

And aswell as my previous post of Call Of Duty 2, i would also like to forget everything about Band Of Brothers, game or not it deserves a mention i feel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

caspa307 wrote: »
    arkham asylum
    While AA was perfectly pleasant, your 1 game you would waste on AA?

That's a bit crazy, don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat II - Great Xmas that was having such a "taboo" game.

I DLed it on PSN, still great when you pull of a 'Fatality'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Metal gear solid 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mega Drive - Sonic 2
    SNES - Mario Kart
    N64 - Ocarina of Time
    PS1 - Gran Turismo
    PS2 - SSX Tricky
    Xbox - Forza 1
    Xbox 360/PS3 - nothing really stands out on either platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thief: The Dark Project
    Thief II: The Metal Age
    Mass Effect 1 & 2
    System Shock 2

ah....Thief, it was amazing.

EDIT: Nearly forgot about Fahrenheit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

KOTOR I - just the story was brilliant, did not see that twist coming at all.
    Any of the Worms games - just playing it with my brothers when we were younger was hilarious. just seeing the wacky weapons for the first time was so funny :D
    I-War 2: EoC - just loved playing this sim the first time over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Deus ex 1 - absolutely brilliant. I still remember not liking a character in the game and deciding to kill them thinking the game would end, yet it continued!

FF9 - The first ff game I ever played and the best. They have been steadily getting worse and worse since. FF13 is absolute tripe.

Mario 64 - Just brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

1. populus
    2. earthworms first edition
    3. all the halo series
    4. formula one
    5. colin macrae's rally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Panzer Dragoon Saga. What an amazing game and story, would love to experience it fresh again. Puts stuff like FFVII to shame.

!!! YES! when i saw this thread i actually put money down on you going "panzer dragoon saga" and i thought "maybe he'll have a go at ff7 cos everyone will be saying that". you are getting predictable old man! ps - was thinking yesterday, you should try take a photo of your game collection. would be quite interesting.

for me, Crono Trigger springs to mind as does Half Life 2 and Metroid Prime. I would not like deleting super metroid from my brain as I still know where the stuff is

• Advertisement
Advertisement