Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ardinn wrote: »
    I'd say let him jog on!

he wouldn't jog far before crippling himself again tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Michael Owen, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I think theyll give the next manager time no matter what. I dont think they ever seen Kenny as a long term appointment and i think if we are all honest i dont think we did either. It would have been great for Kenny to take us back to the top in a couple of years win a few leqgue titles and then walk off into the sunset but it was a pipe dream and i think it all dawned on us over the course of the season that it wasnt gonna work out that way. Whoever we pick next as .manager will be a risk keeping Kenny on wouldve been a risk too and with how we performed in the league this season itd be fair to say its not a risk worth taking.

Neither of us can predict what the new manager will do or get time wise but all i have to say to folk who think its a good decision, the time was right, hold fire on those assumptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd take him back then at Christmas try swap him for one of City's forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I think theyll give the next manager time no matter what. I dont think they ever seen Kenny as a long term appointment and i think if we are all honest i dont think we did either. It would have been great for Kenny to take us back to the top in a couple of years win a few leqgue titles and then walk off into the sunset but it was a pipe dream and i think it all dawned on us over the course of the season that it wasnt gonna work out that way. Whoever we pick next as .manager will be a risk keeping Kenny on wouldve been a risk too and with how we performed in the league this season itd be fair to say its not a risk worth taking.
    If this bit were to be true i would of thought they would have a good idea at this stage who they want to replace him with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Even Carra manages to come out with a stomach puncher :(

Carragher said: "I spoke to him just before he was getting on his flight and asked: 'Is it Kenny now or gaffer?' He said: 'It is Kenny now.'

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/carra-on-kenny-departure

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

opr wrote: »

Carragher said: "I spoke to him just before he was getting on his flight and asked: 'Is it Kenny now or gaffer?' He said: 'It is Kenny now.'

Opr

Rafa's name getting mentioned more often, with Carragher in a coaching role (future manager perhaps?)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rafa's name getting mentioned more often, with Carragher in a coaching role (future manager perhaps?)...

Oh please!

Sorry that should read "oh purleeeze...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

daithijjj wrote: »
    Neither of us can predict what the new manager will do or get time wise but all i have to say to folk who think its a good decision, the time was right, hold fire on those assumptions.

I understand where youre coming from but i view them as two different instances. I think Kenny going is a good decision but what happens next will be another decision which i will judge on its own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh please!

Sorry that should read "oh purleeeze...."

I know...not sure how I feel about the Carragher part of that

• Advertisement

Let's get Xabi back as player manager. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How quick do you think they will move on this?

Assume they'd want him in place by time transfer window opens?

Could Euro 2012 be an influence? Any top managers there who might be available after tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

murpho999 wrote: »

Could Euro 2012 be an influence? Any top managers there who might be available after tournament?

I really hope they don't wait till after Euro 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I am just hoping that there is some super dooper plan in place from the owners that when revealed will have us all like this:

th_wut-1.gif

But some how I fear it will be more let down and something like this:

th_tumblr_ldyhqpwE271qbxwldo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'd like Alonso and Torres back with Rafa please.

Too much to ask?

From a wage bill point of view, probably !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I really hope they don't wait till after Euro 2012.

Disaster if they do tbh.

A month then to kick off with no signings.

Need a new boss in asap, before Euro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rafa with Carragher on his coaching staff. When hell freezes over methinks, and not in an Eagles kinda way.

Just while Torres was mentioned....did he comment on FSG saying that not all was what it seemed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Kess73 wrote: »
    Rafa with Carragher on his coaching staff. When hell freezes over methinks, and not in an Eagles kinda way.

Rafa with Hamamm on his coaching staff I can get on board with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

opr wrote: »

Opr

Wouldn't say I'm overly disapointed with Kenny being sacked. Depending on the manager appointed I could either be very happy (Rafa, AVB etc) or pissed (Martinez, O Neill etc), but reading stuff like that about an absolute legend is quite sad I must say so apologies if this post gets a little ghey. :o

The man truely gets this club, more so than any other manager out there with the exception maybe of Rafa, and even he I'd say has a bit to go yet. It shows through constantly in his interviews about the club, espescially his departing one that was posted earlier.

He humbles himself, without fail, whenever dealing with Liverpool Football Club and will never ever allow himself or anyone think they are bigger than it. No one will hurt more than Kenny about failing in the league, his passion was and is never in doubt. Just look at that photo from after the Man City game when the man was in tears.

I just hope the next manager we decide to hire really is of a better quality than Kenny, and that they can someday "get" Liverpool Football Club as much as he did.

I must say, just writing this has made me appreciate, once again, him coming in and steadying the ship after the disaster that was Hodgson and helping to solidify this club once more.

Unfortunately things didn't work out, maybe they could of, but for me I'm not so sure. Its time to move on and hopefully FSG will make the right choice and we'll have no regrets.

But for now, thanks again Kenny.

104592077_kenny_295431d.jpg

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Rafa with Hamamm on his coaching staff I can get on board with

More chance of those two working together in the future methinks than there is of Rafa and Carragher being part of the same managerial/coaching set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Disaster if they do tbh.

A month then to kick off with no signings.

Need a new boss in asap, before Euro's.

It'l be the same old thing again. All the players have been snapped up or have excellent tournaments and their price skyrockets.

Hopefully they will have everything in place before the weekend.

Its after going very quiet with updates so doings could be a'transpiring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It will be an absolute disaster if we wait til after Euro 2012 to get the new man in. Ideally he will be in by the end of the weekend and the majority of our signings will be done by the time the euros start.

Melion wrote: »
    It will be an absolute disaster if we wait til after Euro 2012 to get the new man in. Ideally he will be in by the end of the weekend and the majority of our signings will be done by the time the euros start.

Would reckon we will be waiting until the first week or two of June for an official announcement

Knex. wrote: »
    Wouldn't say I'm overly disapointed with Kenny being sacked. Depending on the manager appointed I could either be very happy (Rafa, AVB etc) or pissed (Martinez, O Neill etc), but reading stuff like that about an absolute legend is quite sad I must say so apologies if this post gets a little ghey. :o

The man truely gets this club, more so than any other manager out there with the exception maybe of Rafa, and even he I'd say has a bit to go yet. It shows through constantly in his interviews about the club, espescially his departing one that was posted earlier.

He humbles himself, without fail, whenever dealing with Liverpool Football Club and will never ever allow himself or anyone think they are bigger than it. No one will hurt more than Kenny about failing in the league, his passion was and is never in doubt. Just look at that photo from after the Man City game when the man was in tears.

I just hope the next manager we decide to hire really is of a better quality than Kenny, and that they can someday "get" Liverpool Football Club as much as he did.

I must say, just writing this has made me appreciate, once again, him coming in and steadying the ship after the disaster that was Hodgson and helping to solidify this club once more.

Unfortunately things didn't work out, maybe they could of, but for me I'm not so sure. Its time to move on and hopefully FSG will make the right choice and we'll have no regrets.

But for now, thanks again Kenny.

104592077_kenny_295431d.jpg

I don't think there is any contest tbh.

• Advertisement

This sentimental shít is getting old. If another manager performed like Kenny did over the last season then there would be none of this tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This sentimental shít is getting old. If another manager performed like Kenny did over the last season then there would be none of this tripe.

Obvioulsy, but it wasn't another manager, it was Kenny Dalglish.

murpho999 wrote: »

I'd be surprised and disappointed if it isn't resolved by Wednesday of next week. Kenny's sacking should come as no surprise to the owners so there is no reason for them not to have the new manager all but lined up, sign the contracts, arrange the press conference.

When does the window open?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Fúck off Melion

I'd be surprised and disappointed if it isn't resolved by Wednesday of next week. Kenny's sacking should come as no surprise to the owners so there is no reason for them not to have the new manager all but lined up, sign the contracts, arrange the press conference.

When does the window open?

July 1st .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Mawkish sentimentality is holding the club back. We have to look forward, find a vision for the future. English football has moved on from the 80s and truthfully we haven't adapted.

I would have preferred Kenny wasn't made coach the 2nd time round, we needed him as a Cruyff type figure at Barcelona. Such a shame to see him sacked, but hard to argue with the results and confused tactics.

He's entirely right. A lot of people need to man up and dry their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Theres more to being a fan then wanting glory and demanding success, obv we all bloody want it we are all in same boat of emotions here, we all spent the last year sulking after most of our games.
    But theres loyalty, and repsect for your club and its past heroes, and kenny is up there at the top. If it was me Id have given him as long as he wanted till he left of his own will, and I woulda never regreted the decision.

To many pool fans in here sounding alot like chelsea and arsenal fans. We arent like that.

I've heard they want a man in place in the next two-three weeks.

Kess73 wrote: »
    July 1st .

It would appear that it is already open between Premier League clubs.
    wrote:
    Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Theres more to being a fan then wanting glory and demanding success, obv we all bloody want it we are all in same boat of emotions here, we all spent the last year sulking after most of our games.
    But theres loyalty, and repsect for your club and its past heroes, and kenny is up there at the top. If it was me Id have given him as long as he wanted till he left of his own will, and I woulda never regreted the decision.

To many pool fans in here sounding alot like chelsea and arsenal fans. We arent like that.

It's exactly out of respect that we should never have approached him. He would always agree. Cruyff would never manage Barcelona, he knows his role is to be a consistent presence, influencing the direction of the club from within.

So relegation wouldnt have been an issue for you? Just because we had Kenny in charge?

Fúck off Melion

I like you!

Obvioulsy, but it wasn't another manager, it was Kenny Dalglish.

Who was the reason we finished 8th in the league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The man truely gets this club, more so than any other manager out there

AGHHHHHH.

WTF are you talking about, he "gets" the club? What does he "get" exactly? What is there to "get"?

Liverpool fans tend to throw this around but I can't figure out what this special knowledge is that Liverpool managers seem to need to have. It's a f**king club. Its a business. Dalglish can "get" it all he likes but he was a failure in the role. Had it been any other manager that was deemed not to "get" the club by the fans he would have been gone within 6 months, out the door like Hodgson.

This romantic notion of the manager having some sort of deep understanding of the "soul" of the club is boll*x. Do you think Man City fans care that Mancini has no heritage with the club or Real/Inter/Chelsea that Mourinho is a mercenary? No, he wins trophies without needing to "get" the club. It's called success.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

So relegation wouldnt have been an issue for you? Just because we had Kenny in charge?

Hey lets throw in some hyperboles for effect, pssst.
    And my point remains, winning the league or relegation, either had the same odds of happening next year since we will never know, either way he deserves our repect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Some proper fkin whoppers just entered this thread today.

Where?

I honestly can't remember, I've been flitting from site to site and station to station like a bee or David Bowie.

Regardless of the results towards the end of his reign the man came into the club at it's lowest and restored a sense of pride to the club, and delivered the first silverware to the club in 6 years. Add that to his achievements first time around and the fact that he embodies everything the club is about...and a bit of sentimentality is the least he deserves.

Plus besides this guy he is the only royalty I recognize.:pac:

tumblr_l4b2ovLkSZ1qcu44lo1_500.jpg

Hey lets throw in some hyperboles for effect, pssst.
    And my point remains, winning the league or relegation, either had the same odds of happening next year since we will never know, either way he deserves our repect.

You said you would have given him as long as he wanted and let him walk away of his own accord. So if we were bottom of the table next March and Kenny said he still believes he could turn it around, that would have been ok with you?

And i have no problem showing him respect but all this teary eyed nonsense is just that, fúcking nonsense.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Regardless of the results towards the end of his reign the man came into the club at it's lowest and restored a sense of pride to the club, and delivered the first silverware to the club in 6 years. Add that to his achievements first time around and the fact that he embodies everything the club is about...and a bit of sentimentality is the least he deserves.

Plus besides this guy he is the only royalty I recognize.:pac:

tumblr_l4b2ovLkSZ1qcu44lo1_500.jpg

King_Booker.jpg:p

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

He's entirely right. A lot of people need to man up and dry their eyes.

Your one to talk, we know what you geordies are like all emotional and stuff. I predict you'll be like this fella when england get knocked out of the euros

gazza_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭SM01

Quick question if someone can help me please?

I vaguely remember there was a book written about Rafa's sacking and the demise of G&H. I think the title might have had 'the last....' in the title.

Anyone know the book I'm talking about, who wrote it and is it any good?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

SM01 wrote: »
    Quick question if someone can help me please?

I vaguely remember there was a book written about Rafa's sacking and the demise of G&H. I think the title might have had 'the last....' in the title.

Anyone know the book I'm talking about, who wrote it and is it any good?

Thanks

Brian Reade - 'An Epic Swindle'

I read it, found it interesting alright. Well worth a look. Just bought Didi's, can't wait to get stuck into it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement