Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

great laptop for like 500 euro?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

i want to get a laptop with amazing graphics and very fast(just playing fm09 and its soooooooooo slow)

any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The words "great", amazing graphics & very fast" do not go well with €500, it just ain't going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Do you mean a laptop for in or around €500 euro or perhaps some entity that resembles or represents €500? say an equivelant weight in gold bars.

the "like" bit, is throwing me you understand. For a minute there, I thought we were all in Southern California perhaps partaking of an episode of The OC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

second hand apple powerbook...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

second hand apple powerbook...;)

won't run fm09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

€500 laptops don't usually come with discrete graphics cards, and so they won't be much good for games.

If you shop around, you will just about get something with a low-end GPU (9300M or Ati HD3470) - that will be just enough to play non demanding games (i.e games from a few years back). FM09 should work fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement