Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 bore shot gun.

Options
  • 16-01-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

any one know any dealers with a good stock of 20 bore shot guns.
    i have a lumar 20g thinking of trading up.cant find a lot around, i live
    in kildare ,but will travel. thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

skipking wrote: »
    any one know any dealers with a good stock of 20 bore shot guns.
    i have a lumar 20g thinking of trading up.cant find a lot around, i live
    in kildare ,but will travel. thank you.
    harbour house shooting club (athy) is a rdf. had a look at a few rdf in dublin , but nothing online, tbh you would have to call around( in person on on the phone)

Here boards rdf list - 4 in kildare it shows

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80324783

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

thank you, did not know harbour house were selling guns, will give them a try, only a couple of miles away.
    looked online myself not a lot on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

skipking wrote: »
    thank you, did not know harbour house were selling guns, will give them a try, only a couple of miles away.
    looked online myself not a lot on it.
    im pretty sure they do , i could be mistaken though.
    others on here shoot there so they would know for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

There are a few (around a dozen?) 20g shotguns for sale at hilltop:

I can't post links (new user), just google for hilltop shooting sports and navigate to the shop. Sadly you can't search or filter in the online shop, so you'll have to dig through them.

There are 2 brownings in the online shop for 1600 and 1250. I actually saw a browning 20g over/under for just under 1k in the shop yesterday. It's either not up on the homepage or maybe the prices on the homepage aren't up to date. You could always give them a ring.

just saw them wildcard7 thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

Was in the gunstore ie. redmills gunshop in goresbridge recently and the nicest gun i saw on the day was a 20bore bettinsoli over and under multi choke, Used but mint condition,, If i was in the market id have it in the morning,

hrcbob. will give them a ring in the morning.

good for almost anything, a lot of people use them for driven pheasant, grand and light to carry around after a dog.

thanks to all those of you who replied, i have decided to get a new stock fitted to my gun.the reason i was changing
    was of a bad fitting gun, after trying a couple of guns i found them to be much the same, stocks too low for me.
    so new stock being made. thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Maxmillian

Hi skipking. Would you mind telling me who is making the new stock for you and did you get custom fitted for it? Just don't see anyone advertising the service.
    Ta.
    Maxmillian.

• Advertisement

maxmillian. getting fitted for stock on saturday morning by mr. pat sludds in enniscorthy. google pat sludds, or get him
    on face book to see some of his work.

Thanks skipking. Would you mind updating us on the whole experience afterwards please? I think a good few of us would be interested in the what the process entails.
    Cheers,
    Maxmillian

will keep you up to date. watch out on saturday.

went down pat sludds this morning, he got me to mount my gun several times while he watching down the barrel ,
    then checked stock lenght,and took some measurements. i also picked out a new butt pad. he will now start to make the stock, when it is near finished i will have to go down for a second fitting. after second fitting you can bring home your gun,
    when the stock is finished and oiled pat will send it up to you. as he is busy he cannot start mine for about a week.

Thanks skipking. I gave him a call and he seems to be sound. Said there is no charge unless he has to make some adjustments. I will take a trip down to him soon.
    Maxmillian

maxmillian. yes pat is a gentleman. let us know how you get on. best of luck.

just back from pat sludds after having my second fitting. pat checked to make sure stock fitted before he finished it.
    he shaved the stock until he had it fitting right, now he will finish the stock sand it and oil it,will be finished at the
    weekend. i went for stipple finish on pistol grip and hand piece instead of checkering. looking forward to sunday morning.

collected my gun today it is some job fits like a glove. pat sludds is some craftsman, pity i cant put up pictures.
    will be out after magpies and grey crows in the morning hope i dont miss anything or i will get some stick off the
    other lads.

Advertisement