Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop HDMI question

• 30-12-2008 8:40am

I just got a new laptop and it has a socket for HDMI. I have a HDTV already. Does that mean if I connect them with a HDMI cable and play, for example, a HD movie trailer on the laptop I will be getting the full HD experience? Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

probably why dont u try it and see what happens! ? !

I'm not in a position to try it myself at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

yep it does,i know from experience as i use both dvi to hdmi and also hdmi to hdm on a 42" tvi.Its simple to do and perfect for watching movies.All you have to do is rightclick on desktop,properties,settings and then tick the extend to monitor.This will give you a default type of set up where you drag viewing material over to the other screen.For me if you want more advanced settings or just a mirror like image on your tv you just go into your graphic card settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I regularly connect my laptop to my 42" Vizio HDTV through HDMI. If you can find the right HD Trailers to playback, it will be true 1080p. So far I've played Extended-Trailers of Iron Man and Dark Night through it ;) and they looked great. If you have a Bluray drive it will work magnificintly.

Advertisement