Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Laptop Bargains???

• 27-12-2008 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi guys not sure if this is in the right place but feel free to remove it if its not. was wondering does anyone know of any places doing good deals on laptops for the january sales? want a decent one but not dell and i'm not too sure where to look.

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Out of interest what sort of size laptop were you intersted in, a small netbook say or a large desktop replacement gaming machine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gruby

just browsed for laptops on www.pcworld.co.uk and www.currys.co.uk. Great sale and prices on all ranges starting from 389 pounds. I would go to Newry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Have a look on Pixmania

I just bought the Dell Inspiron 1545 for €409 for the missus. (€550 in PC World - "sale")

I know you said "not a dell" but there are others on that page similarly priced and specced.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gruby

still - £399.00 in PCWorld for the same 1545 and you may collect it in the store if stocked. No waiting for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fidler23

hi guys thanks for all your replies but got sorted... carphone warehouse gave me a good deal thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

gruby wrote: »
    still - £399.00 in PCWorld for the same 1545 and you may collect it in the store if stocked. No waiting for delivery

You're obviously closer to NI than I am. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

im also looking for a laptop.some nice deals on pixmania.should i buy off there or is there better deals in currys and pc world?? i have 500 to spend looking for intel core 2 duo and 2gb ram and anything after that would be a bonus

thinking of ACER Aspire 7730-584G16Mn or HP G70-120EA on pixmania.which one is the best to go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I am in the market for a laptop. I'm definitely going up North for mine. Euro is nearly equal to the pound at this stage. Tired of being ripped off down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

fidler23 wrote: »
    hi guys thanks for all your replies but got sorted... carphone warehouse gave me a good deal thanks anyway

What did you get and how much?

i think the best place to get good laptops is www.ebuyer.com

got this laptop for roughly €450 delivered

HP 6735s Laptop, AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-72 2.1Ghz, 4GB 800DDR2, 250GB 15.4" DVD RW LightScribe Writer, WLAN, Webcam, Bluetooth 2.0+, Onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 Windows Vista Home Premium, MSO rdy (60 day trial or 25 uses)

or heres the link

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152233

class specs i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

i think the best place to get good laptops is www.ebuyer.com

got this laptop for roughly €450 delivered

HP 6735s Laptop, AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-72 2.1Ghz, 4GB 800DDR2, 250GB 15.4" DVD RW LightScribe Writer, WLAN, Webcam, Bluetooth 2.0+, Onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 Windows Vista Home Premium, MSO rdy (60 day trial or 25 uses)

or heres the link

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152233

class specs i think

Sounds very tempting. Been looking for a laptop for the last couple of days....

How long did delivery take? Have many people used ebuyer.com?

Advertisement