Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northwave Sizing

Options
  • 22-10-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about Northwave sizing?

I'm looking at a pair of Northwaves online and I'm not sure about the sizing. There seems to be general agreement that you should go for 1 or 1.5 sizes above your normal size.
    I've found conflicting info about whether the shoes are wide fitting or narrow fitting though. My feet are a bit on the wide side, so a narrow shoe is no good to me.

Would be great if anyone has a pair of northwaves and could confirm the sizing/fit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭torydiver

thejaguar wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about Northwave sizing?

I'm looking at a pair of Northwaves online and I'm not sure about the sizing. There seems to be general agreement that you should go for 1 or 1.5 sizes above your normal size.
    I've found conflicting info about whether the shoes are wide fitting or narrow fitting though. My feet are a bit on the wide side, so a narrow shoe is no good to me.

Would be great if anyone has a pair of northwaves and could confirm the sizing/fit?

Find them generous compared to other makes.
    my Normal shoe size is 45 and northwave 45 fit me fine. Generous in width too.
    always best to try before buying if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I think I'll have to try them alright.
    I can't find them anywhere here in Dublin though - and I don't really like the idea of going into a shop just to get a size then not buying anything.

Thanks for the info on the sizing - I think I'm even more confused now!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

I'm a 44 but bought 45s for piece of mind, thick socks just fill the space nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I had to go up 2 or 3 sizes to get a comfortable fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

thejaguar wrote: »
    I think I'll have to try them alright.
    I can't find them anywhere here in Dublin though - and I don't really like the idea of going into a shop just to get a size then not buying anything.

Thanks for the info on the sizing - I think I'm even more confused now!

I got Northwave shoes in Penny Farthing cycles on Camden St.

Sizing seems more normal compared to Shimano which are a bit on the narrow side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I found them shocking tight. Size wise I went up or at least their conversion did. EU 46 is an 11 anywhere else and my regular size, these were 12. They fitted fine but were far too narrow and caused me pain on the outside of my foot.

If trying shoe, lay the insole on the floor and stand on it to see how much your foot overspills the edges. I'm normally in Louis Garneau shoes as they're the only ones I find wide enough. Velomotion in Base2Race should still do the NorthWave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Find northwave sizing the same I'm a 10 and a 45 was perfect length and width wise

Thanks for the advice folks - decided to take a risk and order the 46. Worst comes to worst I'll just send them back.

Shoes arrived during the week - size 46.

I'm normally a 10 or an 11 - the 46 fits perfectly. They're nicely snug if I put in the extra insole that comes with them. And I can just take it out if I want a bit more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Anyone have the Northwave Fahrenheit winter cycling shoes and can comment on fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Plastik wrote: »
    Anyone have the Northwave Fahrenheit winter cycling shoes and can comment on fit?

I have these the past 12 months and found them excellent. Far better than my shoes with covers. They were warm enough for a winter in Zurich. They have a string pull fit system, which I thought looks a bit flimsy, but has turned out to be anything but - as long as the knot doesn't come undone - which it did to me once and I hit myself in the mouth putting the shoe on! Sizing wise I got them in the same size I'd normally get shoes and found them perfect. I got summer Northwave shoes too and found the same with sizes. In fact, I got the Fahrenheit before the summer shoes and the sizing gave me confidence to go for the right size in the shoes I got after

Advertisement