Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is been invaded by lycra perverts..m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,303 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dsaint1 wrote: »
    Maybe he was going out for a training spin straight after work? You'd probably doubt that too though right…he was over weight after all so, why the hell would he go out training?? Silly me to think such a thing.

Ah shucks.

You haven't a clue what your talking about do you?

Oooohhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

ted1 wrote: »
    Sweat, rain, wind, etc
    How often do you cycle?

Every day.
    See people cycle in the rain,don't do it myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kneemos wrote: »
    Every day.
    See people cycle in the rain,don't do it myself though.

It rains alot in Ireland, your clearly talking ****e.

You haven't a clue what your talking about do you?

Cycle fifteen to twenty miles a day in t shirt,tracksuit bottoms and trainers,never been uncomfortable .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Cycle fifteen to twenty miles a day in t shirt,tracksuit bottoms and trainers,never been uncomfortable .

I was cycling that distance and putting on the lycra made me far more comfortable. Also far more sexy. Can't beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

I rode a bike for years and cycled 5 miles to work in ordinary clothes..

A whole 5 miles??? Oooohhhh

Maybe I should have moved further away :pac:

It rains alot in Ireland, your clearly talking ****e.

Maybe in the west,rare enough to get a completely wet day in the east.

But never in the rain......

• Advertisement

Maybe in the west,rare enough to get a completely wet day in the east.

Do you cycle to work ? It rains quite a lot during comuting hours

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ah, the special rush hour rains.

???

You've never been very quick on the road either have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Have you been cycling on a racer recently? The lycra is very much necessary. I applaud a person who manages to lose large quantities of weight, that is heroic. Many find it impossible to even motivate themselves to lose weight once they hit a certain point, losing it is a bloody terrifying prospect. But you're taking to judging the person who does so?
    I doubt this lad was going too far.
    I rode a bike for years and cycled 5 miles to work in ordinary clothes.. I doubt this lad was even going that far or would make that far. He would not have looked near as silly in normal gear. Maybe he was fantasising about being in the Tour. Sometimes I think it's more about the clobber than the cycling.

5 miles to work isn't what most cyclists would consider a significant cycle. In an hour, I would have over twenty miles done. Would be cycling for a few hours so that all adds up and means comfort is a factor if you want to be walking normally the following day.

Not about speed but the effort you put into it surely?

How many Tours have you won?

Not about speed but the effort you put into it surely?

If you're happy to slog it out in tracksuit/trainers good for you. You're happy at the level your at. You'll never be as efficient as you could be if you wore the right gear. As for trainers vs cycling shoes?? ….that overweight guy will be passing you out soon enough don't worry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If you're happy to slog it out in tracksuit/trainers good for you. You're happy at the level your at. You'll never be as efficient as you could be if you wore the right gear. As for trainers vs cycling shoes?? ….that overweight guy will be passing you out soon enough don't worry.
    But as I asked earlier, will he actually be any fitter than a guy with crap gear who has to put in twice the effort to make up for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    But as I asked earlier, will he actually be any fitter than a guy with crap gear who has to put in twice the effort to make up for it?

Chafing is not going to require twice the effort but in all likelihood will make you much less likely to go cycling regularly. It's like going for a run in jeans, it's a bit idiotic.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Chafing is not going to require twice the effort but in all likelihood will make you much less likely to go cycling regularly. It's like going for a run in jeans, it's a bit idiotic.
    So lycra on the rustbucket high nelly is the way to go then for maximum fitness. Sound.
    Give everyone watching a good workout laughing too. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

A 50 kilometer spin takes about two hours.
    So 120 minutes at about 80 pedal revolution a minute = 9600 rubs against your legs = red raw if you are wearing jeans or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

bnt9v.jpg

Says it all..

But they are they worst when it comes to road traffic law.. "I wear lycra and did a "race", so can do what I wish"

Twats..

"Metorsexuals" = cyclists. Cream for your arse? you are doing it wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Primus Pilus

I feel your pain. I was directly behind a male lycra wearer at the bottle shop the other day. No man should wear pants that show ass cheek separation. Totally ruined my shopping experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

That would be me. Maybe not going as fast as the lycra brigade, but expending as many calories over a 2 hour effort without exposing my man bits to the kiddies. It doesn't always need to be about max efficiency.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

dubscottie wrote: »
    bnt9v.jpg

Says it all..

But they are they worst when it comes to road traffic law.. "I wear lycra and did a "race", so can do what I wish"

Twats..

"Metorsexuals" = cyclists. Cream for your arse? you are doing it wrong..

You've coveted a lot in that rant. Chapeau.

Anyway, it's that time again on sunday morning for me to crank out a few kms. Anyone that doesn't approve if Lycra on the road should stay in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

5 miles each way when before that you might have sat on your ass to get to work is still a very good thing.

I cycled to work which was far less than 5 miles away for a while, and I still noticed my fitness greatly improve and body tone up. Every little really does help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

I cycle a good bit myself but...It's the shaved legs that bother me.

There is no logical reason besides herd mentality.

"Gotta look like a pro racer for my lap around the Phoenix Park"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I love the fat wimminz in lycra mmmmmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Putins Assassin

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I love the fat wimminz in lycra mmmmmmm

For your information. The plural of woman, is women. Don't be a gimp.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Bicycle-****

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seanbarrow

Lycra is doing it all wrong.

Bicyclists would be better off with a single speed bike with flat tyres and a cavity block over each arm. Ditch the tight pants and wear a shtyle long leather jacket, unbuttoned.

Then see how good you are at you're f*cking endurance! :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If you're going to do lyrca, at least do it right and FFS shave your legs. Nobody needs to see your manky leg hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If you're going to do lyrca, at least do it right and FFS shave your legs. Nobody needs to see your manky leg hair.

Shaving legs is bollox imo. No real justification for it, several crashes and having leg hair never impeded my healing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

A bloke friend of mine likes to wear women's clothes. We're all cool with that. I'd hate to think how you lot would react. Pack of little busybodies, nothing going on in your lives, obsessing with other peoples appearances.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    A bloke friend of mine likes to wear women's clothes. We're all cool with that. I'd hate to think how you lot would react. Pack of little busybodies, nothing going on in your lives, obsessing with other peoples appearances.
    Why are you obsessed with other people's opinions of appearance?
    All opinions are obsessions, yeah?

Why are you obsessed with other people's opinions of appearance?
    All opinions are obsessions, yeah?

Stop obsessing about my post and get on with your life in your boot cut jeans! 😬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Depends on what type of clothes...seeing his nutsack hanging out of a mini skirt would be bad...

Autonomous wrote: »
    Depends on what type of clothes...seeing his nutsack hanging out of a mini skirt would be bad...

No! Nothing indecent or illegal!

Autonomous wrote: »

Or lycra leggings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

RHJ wrote: »
    I seriously think boards should have a special forum for these anti cyclists rants by people who no damm all about the sport.

Even the ones that pretend they cycle to give their posts more merit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Inquitus wrote: »
    Shaving legs is bollox imo. No real justification for it, several crashes and having leg hair never impeded my healing.

I was making no claims about healing, just aesthetics. ;)

Inquitus wrote: »

Nothing to do with healing, lots to do with aerodynamics. The video below puts it to the test in a wind tunnel

http://youtu.be/DZnrE17Jg3I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

then don't give out when my big hairy gay biker friend cant resist to spank your ass , he loves men in tights with shaved legs ,reminds him of his little pet he had in the joy

mphalo1 wrote: »
    reminds him of his little pet he had in the joy

So, how did you two meet then?

x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

Even the ones that pretend they cycle to give their posts more merit?

Like who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I hope to do a longer response when I have time, but maybe I could just make one key point now.

Lycra is not compulsory. If you like it, wear it. If you don't, don't.

But really, do you not have more important things in life than worrying about what other road users wear - I hear some of them blokes in cars wear suits, you know. I feckin hate suits, even more than I hate the Greeks.

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    Lycra is not compulsory. If you like it, wear it. If you don't, don't.

I was in Lahinch a while ago. Went surfing in board shorts and rashvest (brrrrr). You should have seen the amount of IDIOTS wearing really tight wetsuits. DISGUSTING.

Advertisement