Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is been invaded by lycra perverts..m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Autonomous wrote: »
    Whats the deal? I have a bicycle I don't have nor need to wear lycra. .I'm not in a race or a time trail.
    What gives, why were all that eye assulting sports wear...I got kids, they're traumatised.
    Stop....now... ye dirty bastids

You have a bicycle you don't have... nor do you wear lycra... your kids are traumatised? I'm confused, Ted

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I tape a sponge to my sac and cycle in the nip. Cuts down on wind resistance.

Could you not just hang them over your shoulder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

You have a bicycle you don't have... nor do you wear lycra... your kids are traumatised? I'm confused, Ted

I drive car..you c##ts are everywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Child: Dad, why is that man wearing a a girls swimsuit on a bicycle?
    Dad: fcukef if I know, blame lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I drive car..you c##ts are everywhere

Then y u have bike?

Me no cart. take back.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

It all about performance OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some of them look ridiculous in the lycra gear.
    Saw a huge lad on a bike near Carlingford and his arse was hanging well down on each side of the saddle. Come to think of it though if he had a dustbin lid for a saddle it would still be hanging over it.

Ya..funny how lidl has lifted the lid on this Irish perversion.
    Next weeks Sunday world exclusive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I work with a lot of these people.

Come 5 p.m. on any given evening, I'll be bashing away on my keyboard, when some walking billboard for heart disease, dressed like a turkey in cling-film, will waddle past my desk; squeak squeak squeak, in lycra uniform.

You are cycling home to fcuking Drumcondra or Ranelagh for jesus sake.

It isn't the Champs-Élysées stage of the Tour de France. Get a grip lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Saw a huge lad on a bike near Carlingford and his arse was hanging well down on each side of the saddle. Come to think of it though if he had a dustbin lid for a saddle it would still be hanging over it.

So what? I know plenty of lads who've taken up cycling and shed stones. Plenty of fat people stuck behind the wheels of cars.

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2014/0529/620368-irelands-obesity-levels-above-eu-average/

I'd have more respect for the person out trying to get active and do something about their weight TBH

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    So what? I know plenty of lads who've taken up cycling and shed stones. Plenty of fat people stuck behind the wheels of cars.

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2014/0529/620368-irelands-obesity-levels-above-eu-average/

I'd have more respect for the person out trying to get active and do something about their weight TBH

No problems with him cycling. It's the silly gear he wore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

kneemos wrote: »
    What's worse is when overweight guys spend thousands to get the lightest bike possible.
    I never understood this. If you're a lardarse and cycling for some sort of fitness purpose wouldn't the ****test rustiest high nelly in Christendom be the best thing to use?

Fit because I cycle=yes
    Fit because of lycra=no

No problems with him cycling. It's the silly gear he wore.

What would you suggest he wears? All sports have specific clothing. Do you think people sailing, horse riding, canoeing or jogging look equally ridiculous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

conorh91 wrote: »
    I work with a lot of these people.

Come 5 p.m. on any given evening, I'll be bashing away on my keyboard, when some walking billboard for heart disease, dressed like a turkey in cling-film, will waddle past my desk; squeak squeak squeak, in lycra uniform.

You are cycling home to fcuking Drumcondra or Ranelagh for jesus sake.

It isn't the Champs-Élysées stage of the Tour de France. Get a grip lads!

But , but, (insert some guff about perspiration). I know it's only about 15-20 mins on a bike but don't ruin my buzz.

Now it's acceptable, so there :-)

Fit because I cycle=yes
    Fit because of lycra=no

What's the longest you've cycled in a given day? If you're going to and fro ma job a few km away, no need for cycling specific clothes. Anything over 30 - 40 minutes, it'll be a lot more comfortable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

At least he's out doing something and trying to lose the weight.

Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

What's the longest you've cycled in a given day? If you're going to and fro ma job a few km away, no need for cycling specific clothes. Anything over 30 - 40 minutes, it'll be a lot more comfortable.

It's equivalent to a 50 year old man going to the park in his full Man Utd kit, boots and shin guards for kick around with his kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

One chap I know well, nice guy actually, but sadly, he caught "The Cycling" - in came the carbon fibre racer, lycra butt-huggers and the yellow jersey, clip on shoes, the whole nine yards...and he began cycling to and from work..one murky friday afternoon, workmen had just installed brand new entry barriers at the top of the industrial estate - they detect a car approaching and open automatically...sadly, someone had overlooked the "lets detect an approaching bike" bit...Our newly minted lance Armstrong headed home on the racer, head down, going for it...and the barrier levelled him off the back of the bike and into the gutter. I have to admit, a bit of snigger came out my nostrils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Whats the deal? I have a bicycle I don't have nor need to wear lycra. .I'm not in a race or a time trail.
    What gives, why were all that eye assulting sports wear...I got kids, they're traumatised.
    They swim in each other perversion it seems.

What's the deal with airline food?

I'm using that a lot lately...

• Advertisement

It's equivalent to a 50 year old man going to the park in his full Man Utd kit, boots and shin guards for kick around with his kids

Disagree. I cycle my little fella to school, GAA at the weekends. Usually in normal clothes - perhaps a pair of shorts, t-shirt for this time of the year. When I'm heading out on a long spin on the bike (over half and hour) I'd like to be as comfortable as possible. So nice padded shorts, wicking fabrics and quick drying lycra. Cycling in wet clothese is truly miserable, so anything I can do to lessen that I will.

What would you suggest he wears? All sports have specific clothing. Do you think people sailing, horse riding, canoeing or jogging look equally ridiculous?

No this lad looked as ridiculous as it gets. Like the Michelin Man in lycra with bulges everywhere. Scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Nothin' at all!
    Nothin' at all!
    Nothin' at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Damn sexy Shakespeare's Sister

No this lad looked as ridiculous as it gets. Like the Michelin Man in lycra with bulges everywhere. Scary.

Sure why slag him off. He might have had a health scare, heart attack or something and the doctor told him to lose weight. No issues with him taking measures to do so. Would he be perceived as equally equally offensive in particular clothes designed for horse riding, rally driving, sailing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Head out for a 200km spin on a bike over the Wicklow hills in a pair of jeans and a sensible jumper and report back

i doubt hed get 15km without his ass hurting:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've so much respect for the seriously overweight people who turn out to charity cycles and club rides or whatnot. I'd be disgusted at anyone who said a word against them in real life.

Regardless of what weight you are, cycle jersey and cycle shorts are by far the most comfortable thing to wear on a cycle of any real distance.

But ya know, don't let logic get in the way of a hilarious rant.

Roquentin wrote: »
    i doubt hed get 15km without his ass hurting:pac:

Next thread - "Now I know why cyclists wear Lycra" ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Next thread - "Now I know why cyclists wear Lycra" ;)

:)

• Advertisement

Sure why slag him off. He might have had a health scare, heart attack or something and the doctor told him to lose weight. No issues with him taking measures to do so. Would he be perceived as equally equally offensive in particular clothes designed for horse riding, rally driving, sailing?

He'd have been better in a tracksuit or something loose fitting until he lost the weight. Not have motorists laughing at him in crazy looking gear. He might have been better suited to a gym before taking to the roads.

Advertisement