Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traveller buried in €28,000 coffin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

He won't stay buried long in that thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

From what I understand he made his from criminality. Head of a gang of burglars who terrorised old people up and down the country. That's where he made his money from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Had to laugh when the news of the shooting was on the radio and his neighbours were interviewed saying what a nice neighbour he was. This was just after the newsreader had described him as a serial burglar. What a great neighbour, he goes to someone elses estate to break in to their houses. A real hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

No doubt from the proceeds of robbery committed against poor elderly people throughout Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

It's their culture Boss.

Look away or they'll box the head off ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Hang on now, You can't be telling the truth and stating facts like that,
    Its not allowed in Ireland, He's an ethnic minority and the poor auld fella etc etc yawn ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:
    realweirdo wrote: »
    From what I understand he made his from criminality. Head of a gang of burglars who terrorised old people up and down the country. That's where he made his money from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

The criminal assets bureau should have interrupted the funeral and confiscated the coffin as it's the proceeds from crime. Dump the body in a pit somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The so called guards are too scared, that's why.
    Plus talking to someone who lives up the same spud trail as him and she was scared of it. Very scared.
    A scuzter and yes CAB should rip through his dead silk knickers in his 28k box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

Have the Criminal Assets Bureau ever acted against travellers? Many have serious wealth and how it was achieved is dubious. Surely this guy was a prime candidate for CAB investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Cremation would have been cheaper no?

Think of all the shiny faux gold necklaces he'd have been able to en-throw to his family.

Great lad all the same.

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The so called guards are too scared, that's why.

No. They have no backup from the legal 'higher up's' in this country.

If they arrest these people, they're out in no time to continue with their activities.

Why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Very sad that his innocent children had to witness his death all the same.
    Fat Andy Connors, now there's a handle.

Have the Criminal Assets Bureau ever acted against travellers? Many have serious wealth and how it was achieved is dubious. Surely this guy was a prime candidate for CAB investigation.

I'd like to know that too.
    I can guess the answer is no.

Travellers are protected.

The guards should be disbanded and a real police force established.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Am I the only one who read this in the paper yesterday and had thoughts about taking a shovel and doing some eh....digging ?

Its fencing a gold-lined coffin that's the stumbling block - I'd wind up dealing with the guys family.

If they arrest these people, they're out in no time to continue with their activities.

Why bother?

No, they are scared.
    Easier to bully law abiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Other travellers will have that nicked within a few weeks...anything for scrap and this is the finest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭josip

Why bother?

All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

No, they are scared.

No they're not, stop talking bollocks.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How did they manage to carry the thing? They're heavy enough without the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I see the report in the indo says one of the floral tributes had a message saying "million dollar man"....I'll say!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Deank wrote: »
    Cremation would have been cheaper no?

Probably not - FAT Andy.

awec wrote: »
    How did they manage to carry the thing? They're heavy enough without the gold.

They probably took the gold out first. I know travellers. They're not stupid. And I'd imagine they're having a laugh at the idiot journalist who ran with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Did any representatives of Pavee Point attend the funeral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

No, they are scared.

That's why there is such a high proportion of the prison population from the traveller community. They just keep handing themselves in.

josip wrote: »
    All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing.

The rot starts from the top down.

Gaurds are only footsoldiers in the scheme of things.

The legal profession creams it with these types. Free legal aid is a gravy train for them & they milk it for all it's worth.

No halting sites near their gaffs!

Blay wrote: »
    No they're not, stop talking bollocks.

Ok.
    Live in your fantasyland.

Travellers are NOT subject to anything like the rest of us are, taxes, law etc - principally because our overweight, useless 'guards' are scared and Joe Bloggs who might slip up slightly is an easier target.

The UK Constabulary are the same - they will generally avoid them like the plague.

Why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's true what they say, stolen money can't buy class

Ok.
    Live in your fantasyland.

Travellers are NOT subject to anything like the rest of us are, taxes, law etc - principally because our overweight, useless 'guards' are scared and Joe Bloggs who might slip up slightly is an easier target.

Talking bollocks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

How it was achieved was not from going to work like the rest of us eejits. That's for fookin sure

• Advertisement

That's why there is such a high proportion of the prison population from the traveller community. They just keep handing themselves in.

Not high enough.

Talking bollocks again.

You're a fantastic debater.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The Th!ng wrote: »

Strangely absent any time there isn't "discrimination" against their noble minority going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I've met a few, not many, travellers, in my life. But a lot of them have an outward bravado and bluster that hides a more private melancholia.

I wouldn't be surprised if that coffin was worth less than half what they told the Indo.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had no gold in it at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the family needed a lot of traveller loans to pay for whatever the funeral really did cost them.

You wouldn't believe a traveller if he was trying to sell you a gate full of sand, there's no reason to believe this coffin full of gold story either.

They screw us and we screw them. The rest is all bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ever drive by the housing estates in Rathkeale, rows of new Audis, Beemers and Land Rovers. There must be decent money in Tarmacadam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You should have said "You're a master debater" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Me?

Other travellers will have that nicked within a few weeks...anything for scrap and this is the finest

No it won't. We would never touch the grave of another.

It's hard to counter an argument based on opinion rather than fact.

It's had to counter an argument based on opinion rather than fact.

Oh go on.
    I'm all ears.

You should have said "You're a master debater" :pac:

Damn.

Oh go on.
    I'm all ears.

No thanks, everyone can see that you're talking bollocks. They don't need me to point it out for them.

• Advertisement

No thanks, everyone can see that you're talking bollocks. They don't need me to point it out for them.

Everyone? :confused:
    personally I think you are talking bollocks. I am willing to bet you are one of these "ah the poor travellers" types.

Everyone? :confused:
    personally I think you are talking bollocks. I am willing to be you are one of these "ah the poor travellers" types.

A bit of a leap to make there.

I say someone who claims the Gardai are afraid is 'talking bollocks'...and in your mind that means my attitude is 'ah the poor travellers'.

I have absolutely no idea how you can connect those...if someone wants to point that out to me then by all means do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Don't worry he's just going into cold storage to be awoken after Judgement Day to turn the tide on the war against the machines.

28000 buys you a lot on the cryogenic market.

A bit of a leap to make there.

I say someone who claims the Gardai are afraid is 'talking bollocks'...and in your mind that means my attitude is 'ah the poor travellers'.

I have absolutely no idea how you can connect those...if someone wants to point that out to me then by all means do so.

Oh... i'm sorry.
    seems you took a hard on to someone saying something negative about the guards. Also another popular stand-point on here ;) :pac:

"ahh the poor guards" lol.

Ever drive by the housing estates in Rathkeale, rows of new Audis, Beemers and Land Rovers. There must be decent money in Tarmacadam.

Those houses are locked up most of the year. They're on the continent running scams. Rathkeale is the Beverly Hills of knackerdom though. Not every traveller owns a mansion straight out of a 1980s soap opera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭con___manx1

He won't stay buried long in that thing.

What grave yard is he in ? ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

The Th!ng wrote: »

All of them, with their bleeding hearts :rolleyes:

Oh... i'm sorry.
    seems you took a hard on to someone saying something negative about the guards. Also another popular stand-point on here ;) :pac:

"ahh the poor guards" lol.

All the Gardai are poor. Sure it wasn't too long ago that one of them couldn't live on €65K a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Lads let the man rest in peace,he was not bad old skin after all.

Lads let the man rest in peace,he was not bad old skin after all.

No mention that the man was killed in a cold blooded manner in front of his children. Just an excuse by most on this forum to attack every traveller.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement