Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish teetotalers - what's it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

FunLover18 wrote: »
    This idea that non-drinkers are boring is quite sad. If I understand it correctly it implies that they'd be more interesting if they drank, which leads me to conclude that people of this view point drink in order to make themselves more interesting or popular which is ****ed up and why I don't drink. I don't think it's in anyway healthy to drink in order to change your personality or who you are so you're more appealing to others.

thats not what i was implying
    what i meant was that shy boring types tend to be the types
    1. who take the pledge at confirmation and continue it into adulthood.
    2. were unsociable types in their teens and never got into the pub scene
    3. they take every safe option in life, safe friends, safe hobbies, sensible car, bland clothing, safe career (usually public service with a safe pension...very important), safe lifestyle choices e.g. no alcohol

and using the excuse that they are totally unimpressed with the idiots spouting sh**e talk after a skinful is fair enough
    but most people can go into a bar and drink 3 pints and go home afterwards
    they will not be shouting, they won't be talking crap, they will not get sick and they wont have a hangover next day.

and believe it or not, some of us do actualy like the taste of it.
    we don't drink for bravado, or dutch courage
    i have a drink at home with the wife maybe 3 nights a week
    we're together 16 years so we have nothing to prove to each other.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I'll be honest, I don't trust teetotalers, it's to do with being unwilling to let their guard down.

I don't befriend them, I'd rather not work with them or have to deal with them.
    Say what you will about drink but it's the easiest way to discover someones true personality.

So - The only way you can be truly open or be yourself with another person is when you are drunk???

I'm sorry , but that's a reflection on your personality and hang-ups more than anything else..

Openness or willingness to make real friendships has nothing whatsoever to do with being under the influence of Alcohol , if it does , then you have a very real problem.

Edit - I really make a point of trying not to personalise posts here , kinda defeats the purpose of proper debate , so sorry if the above appears a personal attack , but the attitude coming through in the post really irritates me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

I'll be honest, I don't trust teetotalers, it's to do with being unwilling to let their guard down.

Say what you will about drink but it's the easiest way to discover someones true personality.

Some people are the same with drink taken

That generalisation doesn't apply to everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Posted this on another forum:

What is the deal with Irish people and booze like. As soon as you announce you're off the sauce the conversation seems to be geared toward force-feeding you a load of pints.

I'm fighting in November in unlicensed professional boxing and need to lose a few kilos as well as ramp up in fitness over the next two months. Unfortunately for me, necking loads of stout isn't conducive to pugilistic success.

"Errah don't be a dryarse and have a Guinness"
    "Sure what harm will a couple do, weren't you training today already?"
    "Have a pint will ya for f*ck's sake?"
    "Diet Coke - would you like a tampon with that?"
    "You can drink up to five weeks before a fight"

Total load of sh*t, none of these f*ckers have ever put on gloves in their life and they're necking pints on a Tuesday giving me training, boxing and diet advice.

It's all fine for them to tell you you're a great lad and buy you pints, but it won't be them getting into a ring in 10 weeks on their own with a fella opposite looking to punch their head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Sorry, but this is just bizarre. You don't want to work with or deal with anyone who doesn't like to drink alcohol? Fair enough if you didn't like going out to the pub with a non-drinker but working with them or talking to them? That's putting way too much emphasis on what is a relatively small part of life/someone's personality.

It's just odd to dislike people based solely on what they do or don't like drinking. People don't drink for a huge variety of reasons, whether its because they just don't like alcohol, or for medical reasons, or because they're training for a sport, etc.

Of all the reasons I would befriend someone or find someone interesting, their opinion on alcohol is negligeable...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

I don't know about that. De drink brings out the worst in some people.
    Surely by definition it's not their true personality when someone is under the influence of a drug that alters your behaviour.

Overheard this conversation the other week:

"Ah no, I won't... I've to drive this lot home."
    "Oh you're driving are ye? Sure you can just have the one or two..."
    "Ah no, I don't like to when I'm driving, especially when I've to pick the kids up on the way back."
    "Ah sure you'll have the one... one won't do you any harm like..."

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I'm 34 now and give up the grog when I was 22.

My parents always had a relaxed attitude about alcohol. My dad is a doctor and every christmas we would get 100's of bottles of whisky which as my mother is a hoarder would get placed in every wardrobe in the house.

When I was about 13 my friends would egg me on to have a few shots and this led to getting proper drunk a couple of times. This continued and moved onto Bective and Old Wesley drinking. When I was 16 I was on holidays with a friend and got absolutely waisted. I ended up puking all over the shop and decided then to stop drinking for a while. This lasted till I was 20 and in college where I started up again.

This was back when The Palace has a £2 then €2.50 a drink policy. For about 2 years I would get extremely drunk and ended up doing stupid things. I got the sh1t kicked out of me by 7 guys for scoring some girl in a toilet, apparently her BF was outside waiting for her. I got locked up in a cell one night for being a cheeky f*&ker to a garda.

I don't think I was an alcoholic, but when I turned 22, I just decided that it wasn't for me anymore. The first 2 years were the hardest, every time I would go out I would be so bored. Like out of my mind bored. Drunk people would annoy me to bits.

But then one day I went out with a group of friends and I just let go of all my inhibitions. I figured that since people were drunk anyway that I didn't need to embarrassed around them. I started going on to the dance floor and would stay there for hours, it was great workout :)

I had no problems chatting to whoever and most people were convinced that I was drunk.

I would drink a lot of water, and between the natural endorphins, being very hydrated and contact high effect, I would actually feel drunk.

I do get a lot of the same questions. A line I constantly hear is
    "Fair Play to you, I couldn't do it"

Plus people get so generous when they hear you don't drink, almost insisting that you drink something. You do get suspicious people who think you are monitoring every thing they are doing, but I as if I care what some drunk loser does.

Most of my friends have come to accept it and actually love the way I am when I am out. And believe it or not, I actually prefer the company of drunk people as they let their hair down. Plus the typical Irish way of slagging off people is great fun because they are always to impaired for my quick wit.

I think it's hilarious though, from time to time I smoke cannabis and the amount of heavy drinkers who look down on me while at the same time think it's perfectly ok to get wankered drunk is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I find being teetotal very easy and have had no real inclination towards drink since I hit 30. I was never a big drinker (by Irish standards) but enjoyed a few drinks at the weekend in my 20s but I can easily do without it now. Truth be told, I find chocolate much harder to avoid which is a killer, as I am a very good middle distance runner and I need to stay off junk food when I am training for a race.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Drinking made me depressed and I want to use my weekends for rest and relaxation etc after a busy week of work, instead of hopping around a bed all day, riddled with anxiety.

What I've learned over the past few years is how people are suspicious of you when you're out with them and you're not drinking. It's almost as if you need an excuse not to be shoveling back pints & jaeger shots at record speed. At the beginning, I went for months saying that I was on antibiotics/under the weather/had something the next day etc, but it wore very thin very quick. I've learned that being honest about it probably the best approach when people ask you why you're not drinking.

I told my immediate group of friends that I was cutting down and they were all very supportive, but other groups of acquaintances who I might have gone out on the lash with, gradually stopped inviting me out and I barely see them any more. They were lads I only ever saw in the pub so it's not a huge loss to me.

I believe even in our 30's, there's still huge peer pressure around drinking. Try going out and just staying on the waters/fantas and see how many people give you every reason under the sun to sink a few drinks. I sometimes feel it's used as a justification for their own drinking habits - as if seeing someone sober & enjoying a night out might force them to see their own relationship with alcohol for what it is.

I made my choice re alcohol and I don't push my way of life on anyone else.

I agree with you on all of your points.

I'm off it 2 years today as it happens.. I gave it up because it didn't generally agree with me anymore and as said above, it was causing me a lot of anxiety and depression.. I don't miss it one bit.. In fact I actually enjoy going out a lot more now.. I'm not confined to the local pub, I can drive anywhere I want and know that I'm coming home in the same condition I left in, in my own time and in my own car.

And, as above, I don't push my opinions on anyone else, each to their own!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

lanos wrote: »
    3. they take every safe option in life, safe friends, safe hobbies, sensible car, bland clothing, safe career (usually public service with a safe pension...very important), safe lifestyle choices e.g. no alcohol

The first 2 are fairly big generalisations but the 3rd takes the fecking biscuit.

Safe hobbies? It's often the opposite as they need to find something interesting to do outside of the pub scene. I've met some skydivers and motocross racers who were teetotal.

Sensible car? That's more bullsh!t. Again I've seen young lads who don't drink because everything they earn goes into their car making it anything but sensible. Granted this was back when the car modifying was very popular but still.

Bland clothing? Ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the safe career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭LiveIsLife

I believe even in our 30's, there's still huge peer pressure around drinking. Try going out and just staying on the waters/fantas and see how many people give you every reason under the sun to sink a few drinks. I sometimes feel it's used as a justification for their own drinking habits - as if seeing someone sober & enjoying a night out might force them to see their own relationship with alcohol for what it is.
    I don't really think this is the case, I think its more a combination of being drunk so they're not thinking straight and thinking the other person is missing out and wanting them to join in the fun. I know when I drank I used to encourage people to drink, probably shouldn't have looking back but there was nothing malicious in it, I'd just be on a great buzz from the drink and want everyone to share in it. Also I think its a bit naive to think people are going to question their own use of a substance just because somebody else isn't using it.

sup_dude wrote: »
    I'm a non drinker, 20 and going into my final year of college. I've gotten drunk once or twice to see what it's like and I've tried most drinks but it's really a hassle to spend a heap of money on something that tastes disgusting, in order to get yourself into a mindset that you don't particularly enjoy being in. I still go out and stuff and I don't mind other people drinking, as long as they're not messy or violent. The response I find works best is "I don't need to". It doesn't really give much room for discussion, unlike "I don't want to". Then people just try to change your mind.
    chrissb8 wrote: »
    Irish people don't like seeing others trying to better themselves around drink. They take it as a slight when someone isn't drinking because they assume they think you're too good for them all of a sudden. In reality it just p***es them off that someone else can get by in life and enjoy it without getting drunk and have a higher amount of self control.

See this just comes across as ignorant and arrogant, and immediately gives the person you're talking to the impression that you think you're better than them, which isn't a nice trait in anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Yeah it turns most people into assholes!

I'm struggling to follow this reasoning. It's a monocular, narrow-minded and paranoid rationale that reflects very badly on your ability to judge character.

People cannot be divided into two categories encompassing everything they are, based on the ability to drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

but what of some of the non drinkers I know....who are able to let there guard down....indeed...some of the biggest stoners I know....that is their weekend going over each others houses smoking and not drinking

if you are able/unwilling to judge someones character without drink in you (drink impairs judgement!!:rolleyes:)....some of the best crack I have is with some of friends is when there no drink involved...just messing about and joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Sorry, but this is just bizarre. You don't want to work with or deal with anyone who doesn't like to drink alcohol? Fair enough if you didn't like going out to the pub with a non-drinker but working with them or talking to them? That's putting way too much emphasis on what is a relatively small part of life/someone's personality.

Future alcoholic there id be predicting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

woodoo wrote: »
    Future alcoholic there id be predicting.

Current alcoholic more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Well, then what's the relevance of them not drinking? Some boring people don't drink, I get that but that doesn't mean all non-drinkers are boring.
    and using the excuse that they are totally unimpressed with the idiots spouting sh**e talk after a skinful is fair enough
    but most people can go into a bar and drink 3 pints and go home afterwards
    they will not be shouting, they won't be talking crap, they will not get sick and they wont have a hangover next day.

and believe it or not, some of us do actualy like the taste of it.
    we don't drink for bravado, or dutch courage
    i have a drink at home with the wife maybe 3 nights a week
    we're together 16 years so we have nothing to prove to each other.

Well, if you like the taste fair enough.

No. Do you attend job interviews drunk? Do you get locked then before you're first day. The best way to discover someone's personality is to just have a fúcking conversation. Clearly a conversation with you would go

Me: Hi, how's it going?
    Shiraz: Fine. Fancy a pint.
    Me: No thanks, I don't drink. So, did you see the game last ni-
    *Shiraz walks away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Me: No thanks, I don't drink. So, did you see the game last ni-

Pfft come on now be realistic it goes like this.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
    The thing about Arsenal . ..

Well, then what's the relevance of them not drinking? Some boring people don't drink, I get that but that doesn't mean all non-drinkers are boring.

of course not

but take this scenario
    you are a teetotler

you are travelling abroad, you know nobody
    2 groups from the hostel are heading out for the night
    10 lifelong teetotlers
    10 moderate drinkers

both groups are guaranteed not to know you are not drinking
    they wont even ask. they will assume your orange may or may not include vodka.

which group would you chose to go out with

be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Gyalist wrote: »
    I'm teetotal - not Irish but have lived here for most of my adult life. I don't give a toss what anyone thinks about me for not drinking. I march to a different drumbeat.

I have little respect for non-drinkers who lie about why they do not drink e.g "I'm on antibiotics". They should have the courage of their convictions to say proudly that they do not drink. It would be far better for their mental state if they told the truth.

boring fcuk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

of course not

but take this scenario
    you are a teetotler

10 lifelong teetotlers
    10 moderate drinkers

be honest

I've had some blinding nights out on the p*ss and I've also had some terrible ones. I've also had some fantastic and memorable times in my life out and about while not bladdered. In short, your point makes no sense at all.

Having a good time depends on the company you're keeping and the people you're with; it shouldn't be predicated on the presence of drink.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

of course not

but take this scenario
    you are a teetotler

10 lifelong teetotlers
    10 moderate drinkers

be honest

The group with the least number of obvious arseholes , regardless of their drinking preferences....

And...unless they were all wearing a big sign informing the world of their drinking preference , How the hell would I know who drank and who didn't? It's hardly the 1st question you ask a stranger.. Or is it??

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And...unless they were all wearing a big sign informing the world of their drinking preference , How the hell would I know who drank and who didn't? It's hardly the 1st question you ask a stranger.. Or is it??

it is a hypothetical scenario
    the can make certain assumptions without them making sense in a real life situation.

don't overanalyse a simple scenario

now try again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

it is a hypothetical scenario
    the can make certain assumptions without them making sense in a real life situation.

don't overanalyse a simple scenario

now try again

The drinkers might be a bunch of arseholes though!?

Your hypothetical scenario is total bollocks.

The Rabbit wrote: »
    The drinkers might be a bunch of arseholes though!?

Your hypothetical scenario is total bollocks.

that assumption is not part of the scenario
    the teetotalers might also be assholes

the assumption is that they are strangers
    they may be a lot of things, they might be murderers
    stick with the simple scenario

that assumption is not part of the scenario
    the teetotalers might also be assholes

the assumption is that they are strangers
    they may be a lot of things, they might be murderers
    stick with the simple scenario

As I said earlier , drinking alcohol does not equal nice or fun people.

The scenario you've put forth assumes that the drinkers will somehow be more fun by default , just by virtue of the fact that they consume alcohol. Or that those who do not drink are somehow destined to be boring and uninteresting.

That is a fundamentally flawed assumption.

People are people , some boring , some not - Alcohol consumption doesn't change who you are..not at all , it may amplify certain aspects of your personality , but it does not and cannot make you something you are not..

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Candie wrote: »
    I'm struggling to follow this reasoning. It's a monocular, narrow-minded and paranoid rationale that reflects very badly on your ability to judge character.

People cannot be divided into two categories encompassing everything they are, based on the ability to drink.

Out of everyone who quoted my post you'll be the one I reply to but really it's actually to all the posters who pulled me up.

Teetotalers are normally of a type, it's the type that doesn't offend me, it's just I'd rather not have to spend a waking hour in their company if I have the choice.
    Mention the word teetotaler & what do you picture, a gold pioneer pin, a polyester double stitched shirt fastened up to the neck, a lovely woolen sweater with not a bauble in sight, healthy eater, maybe even a vegetarian, slim build who enjoys exercise long walks & books . . . . . but the worst trait which comes to mind is that they believe in god & attend mass :confused:
    Ask me to pick a friend from different groupings of people & this is the last one I'd come to.
    I'd sooner live alone than befriend a teetotaler.

I fully expect "You can't stereotype us all, tar us with the one brush . . . blah blah blah".
    Guess what, I have & I will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

Yeah, ya gotta hate those healthy people who read books.

Reading books! The absolute freaks! :rolleyes:

You should steal their lunch money and scribble on their sums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

I went on the dry a few months ago because I want to lose weight. I feel much better for it in lots of different ways, and reckon I will stick with it even after I reach my target weight.

The idea that people who don't drink are boring is one I simply can't understand though, as if going drinking was some kind of daring venture into the unknown.

If anyone is boring, it's the people who do the exact same thing week in week out for their entire lives - the same pubs, the same drinks, the same drinking companions, the same conversations, the same old jokes. Blah blah blah.

Out of everyone who quoted my post you'll be the one I reply to but really it's actually to all the posters who pulled me up.

Teetotalers are normally of a type, it's the type that doesn't offend me, it's just I'd rather not have to spend a waking hour in their company if I have the choice.
    Mention the word teetotaler & what do you picture, a gold pioneer pin, a polyester double stitched shirt fastened up to the neck, a lovely woolen sweater with not a bauble in sight, healthy eater, maybe even a vegetarian, slim build who enjoys exercise long walks & books . . . . . but the worst trait which comes to mind is that they believe in god & attend mass :confused:
    Ask me to pick a friend from different groupings of people & this is the last one I'd come to.
    I'd sooner live alone than befriend a teetotaler.

I fully expect "You can't stereotype us all, tar us with the one brush . . . blah blah blah".
    Guess what, I have & I will.

You are absolutely right, but why stop at non drinkers.

I personally only associate with meth heads. Mention the words non meth head & what do you picture, some loser with great teeth wearing clothes that are actually clean with their perfectly healthy looking face that doesn't look like a dried out piece of leather.

They probably do really lame things like go to work and pay their bills and help their kids with their homework.

But the worst trait that comes to mind, it that the believe that one should pull their own weight in society and not rely on handouts from the government.

I'd sooner live alone than befriend a some who doesn't smoke meth.

• Advertisement

kjl wrote: »
    You are absolutely right, but why stop at non drinkers.

I personally only associate with meth heads. Mention the words non meth head & what do you picture, some loser with great teeth wearing clothes that are actually clean with their perfectly healthy looking face that doesn't look like a dried out piece of leather.

They probably do really lame things like go to work and pay their bills and help their kids with their homework.

But the worst trait that comes to mind, it that the believe that one should pull their own weight in society and not rely on handouts from the government.

I'd sooner live alone than befriend a some who doesn't smoke meth.

That sh1t jus crazy bro . .

I do appreciate a good parody, bravo

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The scenario you've put forth assumes that the drinkers will somehow be more fun by default , just by virtue of the fact that they consume alcohol. Or that those who do not drink are somehow destined to be boring and uninteresting.

That is a fundamentally flawed assumption.

the scenario made no such assumption
    2 groups of strangers are heading out for a night out
    10 teetotalers
    10 moderate drinkers

pick a group

all you want to do is pick holes in the scenario
    don't pick holes, pick a group
    in the scenario, its a snap decision. move fast or stay at the hostel and read a book

and say why you made your choice.
    or are you afraid it will reveal too much about you.

i'll go first
    i would pick the group with 10 moderate drinkers
    why ?
    because,in my opinion (just my opinion ok)
    the drinkers will probably chose a livelier venue
    they will be less likely to talk about their careers
    the drinker group will attract more hot girls
    the drinker group will stay out longer
    the photos will be more interesting
    people will be laughing more

my reasons are my own and you will be contributing nothing if you try to refute my reasons without taking part properly

That sh1t jus crazy bro . .

Well as a teetotalers, that's how I felt about your post.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

the drinker group will attract more hot girls

What absolute bollox

xzanti wrote: »
    What absolute bollox

as i said previously

my reasons are my own and you will be contributing nothing if you try to refute my reasons without taking part properly

Well as a teetotalers, that's how I felt about your post.

We'll agree to disagree

I don't agree to that

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

One thing I really notice now as a non drinker is how anxious a lot of people are at the start of a night, you can really pick up on it, awful lot of people just medicating it away, then they get about 3 points deep and they are off.
    Drank all through my twenties' every weekend and after work sometimes during the week. Got through a fair bit while being nowhere near an alcohol in most peoples eyes. Gave it up while training for something and never went back. The amount of money I'm saving is unreal, i'm able to do souch more and have way more energy. I suppose it is lot easier to do on your thirties but I wish I has given it up sooner, so much money pissed away.

as i said previously

Well I don't drink and I've had sex with a Playboy model.

Ok it was Polish Playboy and it was one shoot, but it still counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Only counts if she was personally in the room with you at the time.

• Advertisement

Only counts if she was personally in the room with you at the time.

Then it counts :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Pics or it didn't happen! :cool:

davo2001 wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen! :cool:

Well it did happen but no way am I sending you pics of it you freak. That's my ex girlfriend and there are law about posting nude pictures of your ex. I know that this is the internet and all, but this is actually true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Well it did happen but no way am I sending you pics of it you freak. That's my ex girlfriend and there are law about posting nude pictures of your ex. I know that this is the internet and all, but this is actually true.

It's a joke dude! Eitherway, I must read up on the law of posting pics of your ex gf.

FYI: you're not doing yourself any favours of removing the stereotypically image of teatotalers not having a sense of humour!

LaGlisse wrote: »
    One thing I really notice now as a non drinker is how anxious a lot of people are at the start of a night, you can really pick up on it,

and herein lies the problem
    or one of the problems anyway.

the non-drinker is observing and analysing and storing information.
    the drinker might be a bit awkward to begin but he soon relaxes.

however from the start right up until the end, the teetotaler is watching
    watching and waiting
    analysing, making mental notes, storing information.

definitely not to be trusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

watching and waiting

Give up the drugs son...

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Give up the drugs son...

if by drugs you mean Alcohol
    then
    NO i won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

some serious trolling going on here. **** are ****, sober or drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Inanna

watching and waiting

And people say marijuana makes you paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

I'm a tee-totaller - never did imbibe and only use alcohol for sterilisation of wounds and engine cleaning. However, I refuse point blank to watch the Rose of Tralee. Whatever about Ireland's infatuation with alcohol, the RoT, an annual festival of forced jollity, rehearsed banter and cheap hair gel is, and has been for decades, enough to drive anyone to drink.

Inanna wrote: »
    And people say marijuana makes you paranoid.

that may be so but i wouldn't know because i don't smoke marajuana
    i am an ex-cigarette smoker though
    anyway your point is ??????

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement