Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdmi cables

Options
  • 28-09-2011 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

what does it stand for ,, and is there a notice from hd and sd .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 1.2clicks take the shot

high definition media infultrators ,,,,,,, yes big diffe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

It means High-Definition Multimedia Interface (Hdmi) ....massive difference if the program is shot in proper Hd especially on sports and wildlife programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johny2011

i concur huge differece .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johny2011

high definition media infultrators

get it right , High-Definition Multimedia Interface .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Rule 1 to buying HDMI - don't ever spend more than 10 euro on a cable and less if you can find one ;)

signal either gets through or no signal and don't listen to the salesman who's trying to push a €50 gold plated cable because it's "better" signal will either get through or no signal at all

and yes - you will definitely notice the difference between HDMI and any SD cables...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Rule 1 to buying HDMI - don't ever spend more than 10 euro on a cable and less if you can find one ;)

+1

CNET Article, title says it all.....

Why all HDMI cables are the same

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20056502-1/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Maybe a bit off topic but I am buying a new Samsung Led Tv and there are no scart connections on the TV only HDMI, what cable do I get to plug the scart into HDMI cables and into the new TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Maybe a bit off topic but I am buying a new Samsung Led Tv and there are no scart connections on the TV only HDMI, what cable do I get to plug the scart into HDMI cables and into the new TV.

what Model TV and we can have a look

There would probably be an option to use a scart to composite

EDIT

This may help

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1000125-samsung-led-ue40b7000.html

the specs say there are Scart ports on the tv

• Advertisement

Thanks johnmcdnl never checked out the specs, what do you think of this TV it seems to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I have the new Samsung 7000 series TV and I got two HDMI to scart adapters with it.

I have the new Samsung 7000 series TV and I got two HDMI to scart adapters with it.

Buyiing it tomorrow what do you think of it I could not get over the picture clarity of the set, it has a lot going for it. I am getting it for 1,200 is that a good price in DID.

The model you linked to is the old mode,I think. If the one you're getting is the model with a 5mm bezel around the screen it's the new model like mine.
    It doesn't have any scart inputs hence the adapters you get.
    The picture from it is unreal. It gives depth to anything you watch on it. You won't be disappointed with it.
    Got mine from DID also for the same price but I got mine when they had a 10% sale offer a couple of weeks ago.

Are you getting the touch remote or the tablet with yours?

The model you linked to is the old mode,I think. If the one you're getting is the model with a 5mm bezel around the screen it's the new model like mine.
    It doesn't have any scart inputs hence the adapters you get.
    The picture from it is unreal. It gives depth to anything you watch on it. You won't be disappointed with it.
    Got mine from DID also for the same price but I got mine when they had a 10% sale offer a couple of weeks ago.

Are you getting the touch remote or the tablet with yours?

Not sure what you mean there have not checked it out fully whats the touch remote/tablet, what should I get with it??, the one I am getting has the bezel around it ok and when I looked at the back there were not scart inputs only HDMI ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Not sure what you mean there have not checked it out fully whats the touch remote/tablet, what should I get with it??, the one I am getting has the bezel around it ok and when I looked at the back there were not scart inputs only HDMI ones.

There should have been a connector block that fits into one of the sockets at the back of the tv that clips into a scart socket looks similar to a hdmi on one end and has a female scart socket at the other end that the scart will connect to. Should have come with the tv

The D7000 series came with a choice of this or this.

Not sure about the C7000 series.

I went for the remote seeing that no one had stock of the tablets. Being able to watch the TV on the remote is a cool feature but other than that it's a bit meh. The Samsung remote app on the iphone does much the same and works slicker. If you went for the newer D7000 take the tablet.

Thanks for all the help guys, I am getting the D7000 so will get the tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

2 euro shop in Rathmines has HDMI cables for 2 euro!

At that price I'd be worried about the build quality of the plugs, if they disintegrate when you're unplugging them you can get debris left in the socket of the TV or the UPC Digtal box, there was a thread recently where this happened someone.

I'd be inclined to spend 10 to 20 euros on a HDMI cable with some kind of brand name on it, any more is a waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

€1.49 for a HDMI cable in Dealz, Blanchardstown! And the build quality is not bad, better than the 2 euro shop for sure.

Are these cables not just HDMI only at both ends I was looking for female to HDMI cables not sure if its possible to get them.

Are these cables not just HDMI only at both ends I was looking for female to HDMI cables not sure if its possible to get them.

you can get them if you want to find them

ebay and amazon would probably be good bet to find one... you mightn't find them too easily in a high street shop though as I can't imagine there'd be a huge demand for them

Most AV cables are male to male, if you want a male to female cable you need to look for the word 'extender' so search google for 'hdmi extender' and you'll find what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

TBH this topic has nothing to do with cable TV at all. Moving to Home Entertainment.

Advertisement