Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Archers - BBC Radio 4

Options
  • 23-01-2014 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here listen to the Archers? I've just started listening since Christmas, I love it! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

yes i listen to it - have done on and off for a good while - great show - lot happening in ambridge lately - some annoying storylines too- there is a great page on the bbc 4 site about hows who and how they fit in to the show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qpgr/profiles/whos-who

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

yes, need to catch up a bit now though.

Listen on Podcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Does anyone here listen to the Archers? I've just started listening since Christmas, I love it! :)

You can get professional help for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I love the Archers! Never miss it. Favourite character is Linda Snell, just the sound of her voice makes me laugh! :D Not sure about the new Tony though, seems like he's trying too hard to sound like the old Tony. But I'm sure he'll grow on me.

...and as for Darrel. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Does anyone else think Helen sounds like Mary from Downton Abbey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I have been listening for the past 40 years. For the past 10 years mainly the omnibus edition on Sunday mornings. My favourite soap. Less dramatic than the tv ones. Don't like the new Tony, but Peggy is still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

What happened to the old Tony?
    I used be a regular Archers listener but tired of it, sometime before Nigel fell off the roof. I remember it was always a bit tedious around christmas time with the village play rehearsals.
    I rarely miss Friday night comedy though.

What happened to the old Tony?
    I used be a regular Archers listener but tired of it, sometime before Nigel fell off the roof. I remember it was always a bit tedious around christmas time with the village play rehearsals.
    I rarely miss Friday night comedy though.

The old Tony had health problems, heart I think which they reflected in his characters story line. I'm used to the new Tony now. But really, that family!!

I love the Christmas panto! I love Linda! :o

sudzs wrote: »
    The old Tony had health problems, heart I think which they reflected in his characters story line. I'm used to the new Tony now. But really, that family!!

I love the Christmas panto! I love Linda! :o

Linda's very entertaining. Every community could use a Linda to whip them into shape. Debbie was my favourite. She's probably run off with a Huzzar by now.
    I might even tune in on Sunday - when I'm escaping the latest deluge.

The other night I heard "Debbie" narrating a tv documentary about the Russian royal family! Haven't heard her in The Archers for ages.

I'm catching up with last weeks events... I can't stand Rob!! Did you hear him with Helen and Peggy "I feel like I won the lottery when I met Helen" Dear god!!! What a creep!

• Advertisement

sudzs wrote: »
    The other night I heard "Debbie" narrating a tv documentary about the Russian royal family! Haven't heard her in The Archers for ages.

I'm catching up with last weeks events... I can't stand Rob!! Did you hear him with Helen and Peggy "I feel like I won the lottery when I met Helen" Dear god!!! What a creep!

Oh no, I'm being drawn in again!
    'Debbie' was a well respected actor on stage as well. I seem to remember her move to Hungary was to enable her to act in some West End plays, where she won some prestigious award(s).

Advertisement