Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Fiction Course

Options
  • 25-07-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi There,

I’ve recently relocated to Dublin and am using this forum to gage whether there is interest here to run this workshop I offer.

Details are below, Cheers!

The Short Fiction Publishing Workshop Intensive

This course is intended for intermediate/advanced students who are beginning the process of sending their work out to literary journals. Students are required submit a piece of writing (between 1000 & 4000 words) two weeks prior to the workshop date and to closely read the submissions of their peers. Each student will receive a 30 minute discussion focusing solely on his or her piece. This workshop will provide students with comprehensive written and oral feedback on their piece of writing. The purpose of the workshop is to identify the flaws or weak points in the writing that may be preventing the piece from being selected for publication.

The workshop will be held on Saturday September 28th and will be approximately 4hrs long. Coffee and snacks will be provided.

The cost is $50 Euro per student, and I would need at least 6 students for the workshop to run.

You can read a review of my book (The Modern World) in Canada’s National Newspaper here: http://arts.nationalpost.com/tag/cassie-beecham/

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for further information: casseliza@gmail.com

Comments

Advertisement